Chapter 2

Fallen for him again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In a magazine company where they published tones of sold out magazine every year was this strict, stoic looking team director, Jung Yunho as he read through the draft on the next issue. His face frown, clearly unimpressed with whatever his underlings have come up with.

“Do it again.” His voice was stern, leaving no room for argument.

“I think the first part was already good, too bad that it didn’t maintain its pace until toward the end of it.” His personal assistance said, which earn him a glare from the strict team director.

“Tell me something, when a reader read, what do you expect them to see?”

“An interesting story? That keeps them, wanting to read more?”

“Exactly!” He slammed his palm onto the desk, startling the other.

“Then do you expect this would have the potential to get that from the reader? No, I don’t think so. Call the author back, tell him to try again.” He passed on the manuscript back to his personal assistance along with notes to the editor. 

“Those note is for Donghae, make sure he makes those correction before talking to the author back, at least I can trust him in his taste of what a good story is all about.”
 

He dismissed his assistance as he looked through another writings for another column of the magazines. He has been working at that company ever since he graduated from his university. The divorce has been a good reminder to him of how bitter life can be, he picked up the pieces and start pulling his life back together, finally able to graduate and starts working as a fresh, graduated editor. He was majoring in business but his literature skill is not as rough as he thought, and besides, business took varies of form and magazine is just one of them.

It took him a month to adapt to the pattern of the literature had stored for him and by the time he get a hang on it, he mastered most of the pattern, determine which have the best selling style of writing. It took him another two years to be professional in his field and by the third year of his working, he get a promotion into becoming the team director.    

 

 

“Good work everyone.”

Another due date fulfilled. And just like any other time when all the staff go to celebrate their success in publishing another good magazine with their family, it was this time when Yunho felt he was the loneliest person ever.

His returned was only greeted by the stillness of his apartment.

“I’m back.” Nothing greeted him back, just as he expected.

After the divorce, the thought of meeting another person never came to him. Sure they were nice ladies from work that tried to leave a hint, but he pays no mind to them. The idea of meeting another person, falling in love or even engage in a serious relationship was too much for him to handle.

He settles into the comfort of his chair while looking through his phone, one of Yunho’s policies, he never going to answer personal call during working hour unless they really are important. He listened to the voice mail, apparently his sister called.

“Oppa, it’s me. Have you been well? Anyway oppa why don’t you pick up your calls, umma has been worrying about you. Neh, neh, can you bank in some money? I’m kinda buy a bag this month, so yeah I’m a bit short. So please sent me some money alright oppa? Love ya, bye.”

‘You have no more voice messages. Beep’

“Aish that kid, only looking for me when she’s in trouble, some sister you are.” He loosen his tie and looked around the room, everything was in order. His luxury apartment seemed clean and nice, and he tends to keep it that way.   

After a quick shower, he went to the laundry room and noticed the detergent had run out, along with a few others cleaning utensils. The house requesting for his attention and he obligated. Checking thoroughly the house, some food stock was already running out. Grabbing his car keys, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter