Chapter 12 [part I]

Fallen for him again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Author's column:
It's been so long since my last updated, hahahaha (# -_-)  sorry for the wait. But well YunJaeChun already in the army, while Changmin is going to be enlisted in Nov (already too soon), Junsu is next, so you can expect that my muse is practically gone. But don't worry, I'm still writing for the fun of it. To my faithful commentors and subscribers that still with me, I thanked you from the bottom of my heart for still being patient with my puerility and irregularness.   Here's another update, I hope everyone is still with me, do comment and subscribe to let me know I still have my fellow readers with me. *hoping with anticipitation* 

 

 

Chapter 12
[part I]

 

 

Two weekends after Changmin found out about his little sister situation, another suppose-to-be-uneventful-weekend at the Shim’s household, turned to be quite eventful actually when all hell breaks loose when the Shim’s, emphasizing on Mrs. Shim’s reaction, when discovering about the news about receiving another addition to the family, Sooyean’s pregnancy. She even brought her boyfriend, Doowan along with her, Changmin acknowledged his courage for even dare to enter the mansion while she delivered such heavy blow of the rest of the Shims.  

 

Changmin came back to a potentially tension atmosphere in the living room, with his father’s calculative look on the floor, his mother’s stared dagger at the two offenders and his grandfather shared the same look as his father, constantly took a glance on the his potential grandson-in-law-to-be to his daughter-in-laws. He could tell his mother had already let out some hurtful lashes on them, eyeing their tension facials and clenching fists from both of the receiving subjects for the anger of the elders.

 

He tried to act normal and greeted the elders when his mother crossed her arms over her chest and glare at him.

“Changmin, your sister’s pregnant. Did you know any about this?” Her voice sounded cold as the ice and accusing, practically wanted to put the blame on him as well. Changmin practically could sense the shiver on his spine from her deadly tone and decided to stay at wherever he was standing, on the front of the doorway that leads to the room. He could clearly remember the tone like it was yesterday, when his mother used the exact same tone on him, when he told them about marrying Yunho.  

 

She glared back at her daughter when her son didn’t give her any respond.

 

Thing got pretty physical afterward, with Mrs. Shim snapped and tried to slap her daughter. Her hand landed on Sooyean’s boyfriend face instead. He blocked her the last moment using his body as the shield. It didn’t stop at the first slap, the second and third blows that followed sounded twice as hard then the first one. The boy’s cheek was all red when Changmin’s father stopped his wife. His grandfather shook his head disapprovingly but didn’t seem to be please with his granddaughter’s behavior as well. Changmin could tell the only person that still keeping his cold and mind at rational state in the room was only his father.  

    

“Hitting the kids isn’t going to reverse things as they are, dear.” Changmin’s father let go of his mother when she roughly pulled herself out from his grip.

 

“Then, what else should we do? Approve them? Give them our blessing? Husband dear, in case you haven’t realize, your daughter is only 19. A 19-year-old is not supposed to get pregnant!”

 

“Calm down first Seo Young, she’s your daughter too. Like it or not, you’ll be having a son-in-laws and a grandchild way sooner than you’ve planned.” His grandfather finally interfered. Changmin took it as a cue and got closer to take a seat besides his grandfather, that’s the safest site, for now.

 

“Harabeoji’s right umma, let’s just talked things through. Using words, not fist. Besides, Sooyeon and Doowan seemed like they really want to take responsible over their…” Changmin wanted to continue but his mother glared at him, silence him altogether.

 

More harsh words were sputtered on the couple before Changmin’s father took over the matter and just let them go, with their promise of getting married (urgently) and for the boy to take responsible taking care of Sooyeon. Really what more they could do, Mrs. Shim could suggest of abortion but that would be too cruel and Changmin’s father and grandfather would never allow such thing to happen, she could continued not giving her blessing on the couple but her maternal instinct doesn’t allow the daughter she doted on so much to suffer.

 

 

That evening, when thing calmed down a bit, Changmin greeted his mother, alone at the balcony, enjoying a mug of warm tea as she stared at the sunset. The view over there is spectacular, displaying the mountains in the background with stream of rivers flowing between the mountains. She seemed awfully quiet.

“You did the right thing umma.” He lend to the balcony right next to her, eyeing the outstretch view as well. His mother sighed.

 

“She could have done better for herself, marry someone equal to her, and have children later, later when she’s readied.”

 

“But things happen anyway umma, you can’t stop it from happening.”

His mother sighed more, putting down the mug on the nearest table.

 

“I’m disappointed, Changmin-ah. My son, don’t be like your sister. You should be with good person only, someone equal to you. Like that Park’s son…”

 

It was Changmin turn to sigh, “Umma, please. I don’t want you to keep on setting me and him up like this. It’s weird enough to have you made a cry for wolf when really all you want was for me to see him again for a date. Our relationship is not like that umma.”

 

“Changmin-ah, what else do you want, he’s good looking, received excellent education and came from establish family background. He’s a good match to you, dear.”

 

“But I don’t feel anything for him, umma.”

 

“Give it time, it’ll grow.”

 

“You really determine to set me up with him.” It sounded more like accusing than recognition over the fact.

 

“You have no idea. I am planning of having a dinner with all of us.”

 

“Us? Who us?”

 

“Erm…you know, you, me, your dad, Yoochunnie and … the Parks as well.”

 

“What?! Umma, are you out of your mind? You can’t be serious?!” Changmin’s eyes practically bulged from the sockets, widen like a pair of fawn eyes, in frighten, a moment before flight. He understood the meaning behind the dinner, it meant they were serious, he was going to officially meet his future-in-law and the potential of the matter regarding the date for the marriage to be taken place is high.

 

“Oh, but I am, Changmin. You’re already 26, don’t you think it’s about time you think about settle down. And Yoochun is the best candidate to take care of you.”    

 

“I can take care of myself fine. Umma. You’re unbelievable.” Changmin raged disapprovingly, his heel and left to his room.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m not going

 

He sent a text to his mother on the promised day. And he really didn’t attend the dinner with the Parks. He sent another text to Yoochun, apologizing for his absentee and his best regard to the Parks. His upbringing didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter