Chapter 3

Fallen for him again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The ambulance siren sent alert to all the team members in ER team, and Changmin is not excluded from them.

It was another patient, he was pale and his looks like he haven’t had any rest for a while, panda eyes, low blood pressure, low oxygen concentration, tired and overworked are probably what cause of this person relapse. Needless to say, all the interns involved did their best to help this patient under the supervision of the chief in that department.

“Choi Kyuhyun, age 29, occupation a writer, no guardian is admitted to his registry. Is writer work that hard? Enough to neglect himself to this stage? This guy looks like he hasn’t had a good sleep in a long time.” Changmin read through his file.

“I guess, people have different way of dealing with stress, this guy may have overworked himself as he couldn’t deal with the pressure given to him. Can’t you get in touch with any of his relative? I do think he needs someone to talk to him and explain things to him once he awake.” Prof. Choi suggested, as he was taking off his gloves, done giving treatment to his patient.

“I’ll see what I can do.” The other’s nodded.

“All right, good job everyone.” He patted on Changmin’s shoulder lightly, showing his appreciation on their hard work.

 

 

 

The phone at the night stand rang, startling Yunho that was still deep in his sleep.

“This better be important.” Was the only thing he said as he answered the phone call.

“Yah it is important. Kyuhyun has been emitted into the hospital.” Donghae’s panic voice sounded from the other end of the phone.

“Kyuhyun who? Donghae, what did I told you about getting drunk then called me just to hear about your drunk talk?” His voice sound sleepy and was about to hang up any moment now if it wasn’t for Donghae stressed on how serious he was.

“It’s one of your writers you idiot! The one that you cruelly told to keep on re-writing his work over and over again, on every issue, remembered?”

“The one with that lousy sentence structure but have an idea to it?”

“Yeah, that’s Kyuhyun. Geez, try to at least remember one of your author's names. And anyway, I just got a call, he had been admitted to the hospital, do you mind paying him a visit?” He sighed and seat up on his bed, deciding this isn’t a prank call that he can simply just brush it off.

“Why may I ask?”

“Yah!! I’m his editor remember?! It is my responsible to take care of his well being while he’s producing a column of that precious magazine of yours.”

“And how does this has to do with me again?”

“Who was the one sending me to an editors conference in Milan? If it weren’t for you, I would already be there for him, helping him out, so do me a favor and visit him, okay? Bring along sweet things, expensive things to cheer him up, he likes those. Okay? Okay, bye, international calls aren’t cheap you know.” Click, and the call disconnected.

“And yet you still have the money to call me just to tell me that? Yeah, not cheap, sure.” Being cynical as ever.

 

 

Next day at the W Hospital University,

 

Changmin’s phone rang and he cringed over the ID of the caller.

“Oh, umma, what is it?” He listened to his mother voice, he swear she’s as energetic as ever, people said when they got older, it’ll showed in their voice but he can’t see one bit the evident of aging done to his mother, she’s as healthy as ever.

“Umma, you don’t have to do that you now, I’m kinda busy right now, we can see each other later on..”

He quite down as his mother starting to lecture him, telling him how curious she is with his new working environment and insist in visiting him at the hospital.

“Just stay at home umma, I’ll come to visit as soon…*trutt- and the call has been disconnected, how wonderful...-* hello? Umma?”

“Aish…she’s up to this again.” He mumbled to himself as he grabbed the patient chart, heading toward the writer patient that was emitted due to the overwork. His mother is a one of the steel women he knew, she has been looking out for him for as long as he can remembered, even after the divorce she kept on telling him what he should do, encouraging him every step of the way. Sure, she can be a bit pushy sometimes, but he can’t really come to hate his own mother.

 

He arrived at the bed where the patient they had treated last night there, breathing in a slowly, calming rhythm.

“Patient Choi Kyuhyun-shi, if you can hear my voice can you give my hand a squeeze?” He held onto the other’s hand as a weak squeeze was given to him. That’s a relief, it means the patient had gain his conscious. The patient opened his eyelids the next moment and tried to seat up on the bed.

“Where… am I?”

“Well as you can see, we’re in the hospital. You've out and seemed to be a bit malnutritioned, I heard that the neighbor who called the ambulance, found you laying on the floor in your apartment.”

“I see.”

“I’m sorry to be asking this out of nowhere Kyuhyun-shi, but do you have anyone you wished me to call and inform about your about? There wasn’t any record on your relative here you see.”

“I’m an orphan, so I have no one. Well except from the people I work for, I guess.” His eyes widen over his own e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter