Chapter 7

Fallen for him again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Yunho rewritten his message a few times, thinking the best way to approach the other. A more casual text would seemed to be appropriate since they had a normal conversation before, so he wouldn’t be consider to be too bold for asking him out in a sudden, right? Maybe just as friend? So retyping back the message, he finally muttered enough courage to press the send icon.

 

From: Jung     

Subject: Invitation

Hey Changdol-ah

Are you busy? Wanna hang out afterward? Kyuhyun is throwing a house-warming party,

Heard you two are friend

 

From: Changmin       

Subject: REPLY[Invitation]

Yeah, got the invitation already,

But why are you the one inviting me?

Are we even that close to be hanging out together?? (=.,=)

 

From: Jung     Subject: Re-REPLY[Invitation]

Thought we r already cool bout it

My mistake

But, just come will you (=3=)

Kyu has been really looking forward for this

Since u’r his friend, u should act as one

 

Changmin clinched his teeth together, because frankly he never likes to be told on what to do. Earlier that evening, Changmin had received a call from Kyuhyun, inviting him over for that house-warming party. Apparently his latest work received a reputation and the money was good, so he got himself a new apartment. Changmin was on 50-50 whether he should go or not but now, the score has been reduced to 49-51, more on not going.

It was only later that he finally decided to agree on attending the occasion. He brought along a bottle of wine and was dressed in his casual cloth. After pressing on the bell twice, the door opened to reveal Kyuhyun, welcoming him inside.

“Nice apartment you got here.”

“Yeah, I decided it’s about time to get a new lair.” Changmin handed over the gift and saw the pleasant look on the other’s face as he read the label on the bottle. He figured the other’s addiction to wine from the last time they met. After Kyuhyun had been discharged, he had invited Changmin for dinner, not the romantic kind of dinner, but just a friendly get together for a meal, and it was then when they started to hang out together, added with their matching personalities and crashed interest on a lot of things, it’s like Changmin find his matching soulmate.

Later on he was introduced the other guests that had already arrived and yeah, Yunho was there as well, along with Donghae and few other friends. Go figure, Kyuhyun is someone who works with Yunho. And just his luck, the only empty seat was next to Yunho, so he had no other choice but to compile to that as well. The setting was like in a Japanese restaurant where the food is served on a wooden, knee-height table and cushions are orderly arranged along each side of the table.  Since it was on someone else’s house, they both tried to act cool with one another, despite the accidental skin brushed when Changmin tried to pick the food or when Yunho accidentally brushed their tights together as he was repositioned his legs from the numbness of sitting in one position over a long time.

“So Changmin-shi, how did you know Kyuhyun?” Donghae asked once they all were gathered around a table with snacks and wine served in front of them.

“We met at the hospital, you remember the last time when I got knock out and you were no where to help me. And you got the nerve to call yourself my editor, you sure do take good care of me.” Kyuhyun responded as he was taking a sip of his wine.

“Come on Kyu, I was out stationed. But I did send our head editor to you didn’t I? Yunho! Come on help me out here man, I told you, you should had treat him nice back then.”

Yunho laughed over the exaggerated reaction. “Hey, I did whatever proper in visiting a patient. A bouquet of flower, and a basket of fruit, checked. Everything was right.”

“Anyway, Changmin’s a doctor there. That’s how we met. Hae, did you know Changmin play StarCraft and he’s way better than any of you?” A bolt of laughter spread through the room, everyone was getting lightheaded and began loosening the atmosphere, making it more ighter and more casual.

And just like any friend’s gathering, they ended up talking about each other love live experience, see the topic started off with Donghae tried to set Kyuhyun up with one of his other friend, like going for a blind date and stuff and things about Kyuhyun gonna ended up growing white hair, alone in his studio if he doesn’t start looking now. Kyuhyun strongly disagreed on that when Hae dragged along Yunho and Changmin to back him up. The conversation hang up in an awkward way as neither (Yunho or Changmin) agreed on the subject, because frankly they both were trying to avoid the subject.

The party was over with all the guys sprawled on the floor, too drunk to get back to their own place. Yunho was awake with realization as Changmin’s face was only a few centimeters away from his. His mind was still fuzzy and he thought his eyes were playing tricks on him, thanks to the alcohol. He felt like the world stopped spinning around him for awhile, the closed eyelids, covered with the long lashes, well-defined cheekbones, and he thought Changmin had grown much handsome than before. He caressed the face, before realizing he was leaning closer and closer and sealed their lips together.

 

The phone in Changmin’s pocket rang, he somehow remembered to set the alarm on in case he fall asleep at the party. By the time he was awaken, he saw everyone was already sound asleep. Yunho was nowhere in sight, but he couldn’t figure whether it was for the best, otherwise he might be waking up feeling awkward that he had fallen asleep close with the other. Rubbing his face a few times, trying to brush off the sleepiness away before he headed home, he realized he wasn’t feeling those bad hangovers anymore.

     

      

 

 

“Shim-seongsaenim” A nurse called up to him as soon as he walked out of the changing room.

“Yes?” Changmin asked as he looked at the nurse.

“A patient requested for you.”

“Don’t tell me….. he’s here again?”

The nurse chuckled over the comment, and nodded her head. “Neh…he’s here again. This time is from a bruise on his knee, he said he fall and hurt it. Oh and there were some scratches on his palm as well. Be sure to treat him nice, Shim-seongsaenim.” The nurse showed him her snicky smile as she showed him the way to where the patient is.

Changmin probably still unaware of this but his news about his blind date and his so-called-fiancé had spread through the hospital, not to mention the casual visits that Yoochun had done, proving more on the fact.

The curtain was pulled a bit to display a pouting patient on the white hospital bed as his trousers were rolled up to his knee, showing the bruise and as he innocently displayed his palms.

“You really outdone yourself this time, now give me a perfect excuse why I shouldn’t sue you for taking my time, coming here every now and then, for the silliest kind of injuries one can come up with?” Changmin crossed his arms as he stared accusingly on the other.

“You do know this kind of act is a one way ticket to a mental hospital, I could report you for a self-abused and had you locked up in one of those wards with your hands tied and your body tied down to the bed?”

Changmin moved closer and took the prepared equipments to disinfect as he began tending those injuries, which earn a grin from his patient.

“You won’t do that Minnie, don’t you think that would be too cruel for me? I migh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter