Chapter 6

Fallen for him again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day off for Changmin is hard to come by and he wanted nothing more but to attend to his own needs and do whatever it is he wanted to but ever since his mom had just dumped the whole arrangement on him, forcing him for the half-heartedly agreement, he was left with no other choice but to obliged.

Putting on a casual cloth and messing up his hairstyle a bit, making it looks natural with its own wavy locks, he decided to defy his mother ‘suggestion’ on getting him suit up just for the lunch date, that’s just silly, who would do that just for a lunch, Changmin’s thought.

Well, yes, if the person you’ll be meeting is your potential husband and all. He decided to ignore that thought away and grabbed his keys to best be on his way.

By the time he arrived at the set place and time, the other was already there, waiting for him while looking at his iPhone and casually lift his head to look around, looking for anyone that matched with the profile given to him.

Changmin noticed that the eyes were locked on him and he bowed slightly, acknowledging the other’s present as he approached the table. The other stood up.

“Shim Changmin-shi?” Yoochun flashed out his dazzling smile, sure that it would impress the other. But to his dismay, Changmin didn’t even look a bit infected by the gesture. He nodded absent-mindedly, no smile was exchanged as he made for the only available seat at the table.

“You must be Park Yoochun-shi.”

He simple commented before taking his own seat without any delayed and took up the menu.

“Do you mind if we start ordering first? I’m hungry. You know, before we get to the part of get-to-know-each-other-thing?” Looking absolutely uninterested with the whole thing.

“Of course.” Yoochun settled back on his seat, feeling a bit frustrated that his usual trick didn’t managed to impress the other. That usually works, he thought.

He decided to follow and do what the other was doing, looking at the menu while sneaking a few glances at Changmin. He’s gorgeous, a thought came to him.

The waiter came and took their orders away, not before filling up the water glasses and left them to wait for the meal, it was then Changmin took the chance to properly converse with the other.

“Like what you’re seeing?”

“You noticed?”

“You barely looked at the menu, is there anything on my face?” Changmin bluntly asked.

“Nothing, you look great. Just perfect.” They exchanged glances with one another before Yoochun cleared his throat, nervous.

“Was that supposed to be a flattering?” Changmin was staring straight on Yoochun. He really not used with this whole thing.

“It depends on how you want to take it as, but from my side, it is an honest compliment to you.”

 “You seemed to be the flirtiest type, I’m sure you got plenty of girls or boys lining up to you. So why did you agreed to this whole arrangement? or are you one of those cases, the one that gonna lost all his inheritance if you disobeys your elders?”

 Yoochun laughed on the other’s sharp comment, clearly the other has been a good observant, and that was the longest line the other had given to him the whole afternoon after they met.

“I might have a case that similar to that, but I don’t treat this whole thing like a bad thing, maybe they know what’s best for me.”

“Obedient son, aren’t we?” Again with the sharp stares thrown at him. Yoochun sworn if his mother hasn’t brief him about what his date does for a living, he would definitely think Changmin as a detective or a cops.

 “I won’t lie. At first I had already thought how everything will be feeling…so... awkward, meeting at a blind date and all…” Yoochun voiced out.

“Trust me, our families are over-reacted. Do you actually want to get marry from a meeting like this?” Changmin took a sip of the water as his eyes trail off to the people passer-by, seen through the tinted glass, he was beginning to lose interest.

“Actually, I don’t mind getting married, I’m already at the age you see.” Yoochun short answer caught Changmin’s attention again.

“So you honestly agreed with this whole arrangement?”

Yoochun was caught off-guard by that sudden question. Did he, honestly, agreed to the whole set up?

 

 

 

Flashback a few moments earlier

 

Yoochun is seating down in his office, spinning around on his chair as he was bored to death from reading a few lines of the case file. His phone has been buzzing over ever since that morning, coming from mostly all those anonymous numbers.

Damn those girls, how the heck did they managed to get his phone number in the first place, which part of a one-night-stand don’t they understand?

It was not the first time, really. Usually by now he would already requesting his assistance to get him a new phone, the shortest way to cut all those ties. New phone, new number, new contacts.

‘Knock, knock’

“Come in.”  He responded.

Yoochun was expecting it was his assistance, carrying many more of those dreadful files for him, another assignment from his father, but he was definitely wrong this time, it was not even close to his assistance, it was HIS FATHER.

Abruptly stopping the spinning chair and seating up straight as his father gave him a stern stares on his behaviors.

Panicking, he smoothly removed out the battery from his non-stop vibrating phone without being noticed, hoping that his father won’t see it and threw it into the dustbin. That should quit it down for now.

“Abeoji…what a pleasant… surprise. Welcome back, so how was the trip?”

His father walked up to him and smacked him right to his wide forehead. Hard.

“Urgh…that’s hurt.” He rubbed his forehead and pouted, which earned a grunt from his father.

“What have you been doing during my absence?”

“What? I’ve been doing NOTHING! I’ve been good.” He whined, emphasizing more on the ‘nothing’.

“Nothing? Then explain why your mother has been telling me about the number of nights out you spent? Hmm??” His father’s giving him the judging look, causing him to stay quite like a little boy being reprimand of his bad behavior. He looked down on the floor before his father gave out a loud sigh and rubbing his chest up and down to calm down his own heartbeat.

The gesture’s never gone unnoticed by Yoochun.

“Abeoji are you alright? Should I make a call to anyone? Have you been regularly attending the appointment with your specialist? Do you have any pills on you right now? Do you want to seat down?” He got closer to his father, hold onto his old man arm and guide him to a comfort couch, worried was written all over his face.

As much as he enjoyed causing troubles, he loves his father just as much.  

“You little brat, so now you’re worrying about me? I’ll be fine.” His father continued rubbing his chest as his vision fall into a distance, that earned more puzzle looked from his eldest son.

“I’m worried about you, Yoochun-ah. Not just me, your mother a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter