Chapter 12 [part II]

Fallen for him again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author note:

An update after two months ....
Haha not bad, at these rate, to get at least 6 updates, you might have to wait for one whole year. That's why my readers are really patient people. Thumbs up for all of you wonderful people out there
(*w*)  - Colin 

 

 

Chapter 12  [part II]

 

 

Sender: Minnie mouse ♥♥♥

 

You knew the reason behind this meeting, don’t you

I’m not coming.

I’m sorry to leave you handling this on your own, you’ll be fine Yoochun

My well wishes on your mother and father, do enjoy the dinner though,

because umma seemed to put a lot of work into it

 

 

A message beeped from Yoochun’s phone, with the cute nickname Yoochun had given to his fiancé flashed on the screen, as soon as he arrived in front of the restaurant his parents told him to be. They didn’t specifically told him what the dinner was all about, but he could suspect what it was, especially when the Shims were the one who initiated such event. And Changmin’s strong declination toward the event, if anything from the text message earlier any indication of, proved his earlier hunch was correct. It is a matter concerning them and the whole engagement thing. He sighed, why did their families had to do this, and here he was feeling warmed up to Changmin a bit, they finally got to be on friend basis, now this is going to ruin everything. 

 

He eyed the interior of the restaurant as he stood at the receptionist and whistled, Mrs. Shim definitely has class. She made the reservation so it was her ideal taste, classy 5-star western style restaurant, no doubt cooked by the finest chef in the whole country. The waitress leaded him to the VIP lodge, well… that was expected. The VIP lodge is more private and away from any eavesdroppers, usually cooperate business meetings were held there and to think that the Shim booked of for them, this dinner itself speaks a volume.

 

By the time the door opened to the lodge, he noticed all the elders were already there. He bowed first at the Shims, and then went to the empty seat right next to his mother, not before placing a kiss on the woman’s cheek. He eyed the only empty seat right in front of him, ah… so that must where Changmin was supposed to be, had he attend the dinner. He thought that the seat will remained empty for the rest of the evening.    

 

The dinner was pretty much as predictable as he expected it to be. Mr. Shim and his father exchanged a few greetings, asking updates about each other works, nothing unusual from two successful men of their circle to be talking about. Yoochun sighed by himself, more discussion about work, greeaaatttt…

It’s bad enough he had to listen to his father’s orders at the company, and now he even brought it up at the dinner table. But really, the dinner and the dull conversation weren’t all that uninteresting, he got to study Mr. Shim’s character during their exchange, it was his first time meeting the older man.

 

Shim Dongshik. Changmin’s father, an associate from his father’s circle, coming from a strong background in medical. He eyed the impressive man without getting caught, called it as an occupational hazard. He likes to study on people’s behavior even from the first meeting of any random strangers. Mr. Shim’s character was intriguing, the man doesn’t speak much but whatever spurts out from him would be something deep and deserve a second thought on the subject, he seemed particularly similar to the way Changmin carried himself around. His attention turned to the woman next to him, Mrs. Shim. He met her few times already, even had her number and she is lovely as she ever be, all talkative and actively socializing with his mother. Those two probably came from the same breeding, the wealthy line, being pampered everyday in their life.   

 

Yoochun huffed and cut his slice of steak, uninterestedly. The food was good, but the lack of any distraction made the dinner seemed a bit dull. He took a sip of the red wine, almost grateful that he managed to swallow the whole gulp before risk embarrassing himself in front of his future in-laws, when Mrs. Shim blurred out,

 

“Omo, Yoochun must have been bored, Changmin isn’t here to be with you, I’m sorry I couldn’t get a hold on him tonight. He must have been off working again.” He gulped down the last bit of the wine and wiped his mouth with the napkin, giving the woman a polite nod.

 

“It’s alright eomeonim, I’m sure Changmin had his reasons.” The woman seemed disappointed over his reaction but covered her emotion rather well. Yoochun took a moment to realize, she must had been really frustrated not having a full control over her son, wondering if she really even know her son well.

   

 

Flashback

 

It was one of the lunch meetings Yoochun had with his client. They were in the middle of discussing the terms and the contract in a restaurant, newly opened around the area when Yoochun caught a glimpse of Changmin smiling freely with someone he was with. They were only the two of them, so it was hard to distinguish whether he was just hanging out with a friend or actually having a date. The line seemed to blur between the two, and Yoochun definitely hate if it is the latter option.

 

Being able to see Changmin so carefree and happy, piqued Yoochun’s curiosity. His eyes were crinkled, and those beautiful thin lips casually formed a shy smiled over whatever it was the topic they were talking about. Yoochun earlier thought of greeting him stopped, feeling like he shouldn’t be intruding the moment. Oh how Yoochun wished it was him the other was talking too. He felt hurt, first time in a long time.

Changmin had never been like that around him. He was always seemed guarded and put up a strong front in front of him. It was during his previous visit to Changmin’s home that he was able to see a bit glimpse of what Changmin’s character really is. Innocent, shy, playful and most definitely beautiful. This Changmin he is seeing, like a whole combination of Changmin’s inner characters and it was like he was happily playing with his playmate.

 

He felt jealousy swap through him. Fingers clutched into a fist. He should have just walked straight to them and punch whoever it was that had made Changmin so … so happy.

Guilt. Yes, guilt was the second thing he realized he was feeling. If he wasn’t in the picture, then maybe Changmin might have been with whoever it was that had made him that happy.

 

He turned and looked away, walking out of the restaurant with his client, pretending that he didn’t see anything.

 

This is not over. He wouldn’t admit defeat so easily, not when their engagement was already set and done.  

 

End Flashback

 

 

 

 

The rest of the dinner went on as they planned. The subject on the marriage and official engagement were brought up, just as he suspected and both of the families seemed rather pleased with the arrangement. They planned of having the official engagement next two weeks and a wedding should be taken place by the end of that month. Yoochun felt like a coward, he really wished he didn’t have to resolve to this, forcing Changmin into marrying him using their families. If it was going to happen, then he would wish it happen out of love.

 

It was after the dinner, when they were waiting for the cars, that he approached Mrs. Shim. It was then he finally asked her. He was really curious about something and needed a confirmation.

 

“Eomeonim, does Changmin love someone else? Am I being the third party here?” Mrs. Shim’s reaction shocked for a flash of a moment and quickly covered it with a sweet smile.

 

“Do you not like my Changmin?” She answered his question with another question. The blunt question got Yoochun choked on his own saliva. He cleared his throat before answering to that, calling every bit of his courage.

 

“No. I do like him, really … but…”

 

“Then, there’s no but.” Mrs. Shim turned to him and held his shoulder. “I really like you Yoochun-ah, you’re a great man and I can see that you’ll be taking care of my Changmin well. A mother wish is always to see her child being well taken care off.” She smiled reassuringly to him.  

 

Yoochun reluctantly returned the gesture. “I heard about his previous marriage, and frankly I think he is still in love with the other.” He sighed and tried to make he looked the least disappointed but clearly a mother knows better.

 

It was then when he saw the drastic change on Mrs. Shim’s calm and compose expression. A sinister smile formed on her lips.

 

“Well Yoochunnie, then wouldn’t it be your duty to sway his heart away? Love is a very fragile thing dear, it could shattered and swayed around so easily. I know how capable you are, dear. In a battle of the heart, the knight has to be firm and strong so that he can be called a victor.” 

 
The way she said that almost sounded like a challenge. Yoochun not so sure of what she had heard about him, but seeing her high expectation on him, he was not so sure whether he should be proud of it or not.

 

 

 

Later that night as he walked pass the familiar alley, he met with the few familiar faces again. Those street gangsters, who he frequent to meet on such occasion. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter