Chapter 9

Fallen for him again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*clearing all the cob web that has made its way*
Gosh....it's been awhile since I've updated, sorry for the wait.
Enjoy the update then

 

CHAPTER 9

 

A few months earlier,


“! Damn it! Stupid lock! Stupid password!”

 Yoochun cursed under his breath, fluently in a foreign language as he had just returned from US and his parents insist that he starts to learn living on his own. They made him stay at an apartment, fully furnished and well maintained by the cleaning lady once every two days. But then, on this one fine evening, he just had to forget to bring back his key or forget about what his password seemed to be for that day. Rule number 1 when changing the password, make sure to write it somewhere until you get it buried in your head. Yoochun mentally reminding himself but of course it was already too late for any room of regretting.

“Hey man, is everything alright? Do you need any help?” A voice of another person startled him, responding in the same language as he turned and looked at the stranger who he’ll soon to call neighbor and smiled. Remembering back where he was, he decided to use his mother tongue language.

“Well I kinda locked myself out of my own apartment, is there any way to fix this? Do you know anyone that I should be calling?” He looked trouble enough that earned himself sympathy from his neighbor.

“I know some people from the security, maybe they can give you a hand, hold on, let me get their number.” His neighbor paused in front of the door and opened the door wider before inviting.

“Do you want to come in? This might take a while.” Feeling like he shouldn’t reject such a nice invitation he nodded and accepted his newly neighbor help.

“By the way, I’m Micky Park. Well that’s what everyone used to call me, but my Korean name is Yoochun. Park Yoochun.”

His neighbor politely smiled and took the extended hand he offered, a foreign custom while introducing themselves.

“Yunho. Jung Yunho.”

 

 

  

 

 

Current time

[Editorial Office]

 

The whole office was in total mess…all the editors were busy calling over the authors they’re in-charge of since the deadline is just a couple days away.

“Heechul”

The said man was paying zero attention, his hand was busy typing an email to the editors while his other hand was taking a phone call from the printing company, urging them to hurry up and send a complete manuscript of that month issues already.

The lack of response from Heechul made Yunho to finally glance up from the manuscript he was reading. There were another piles of manuscripts stacked right at every corner on his desk, making his face barely visible between these catastrophes. 

“Heechul…” this time the tone was a bit stern making the other break away from the laptop screen and face his boss.

“What is it Jung?! Can’t you see?!! My hands already full!!!”

“What are you yelling at me for? I was just about to ask you to make a copy of these then give it back to the editor.” He pointed out at a stack of manuscript and Heechul rolled his eyes.

“Come on, don’t give me that. I know you’re stressed out but know this. By the end of this time, you’ll look back and say… Ah! So this is like what working in an editorial department for a million dollar publishing company is…” Yunho patted the other’s shoulder and walked away to the elevator.

“And where the are you going? Na-ah…you’re not leaving me to deal with this crap.” Heechul pulled on the other’s shoulder while Yunho managed to slip away from him and entered the opening elevator.

He glanced at his wrist watch.

“I have an appointment. Already finished correcting all the manuscripts. I’ll be back soon enough, you just keep on buttering the printers alright? ”

“Jung come back, don’t leave me with the sharks…” Heechul’s whining, he probably know he sounds pathetic but he just couldn’t help if he relay a little too much on his boss.

“Just hang on, okay?”       

And there goes, Yunho was out from his sight in a flash.

 

 

[At an old coffee shop in a small area by the countryside]

An old man was calmly drinking his chrysanthemum tea in a Japanese decorated room. He was waiting for his guest to arrive while taking in this breath-taking scenery presented in front of him. When you’re old and seen the world enough, enjoying this simple tea in spectacular scenery is already considered as a big reward to him.

The bell chimed as another customer walked into the store.

The young gentleman finally arrived. He glanced around the store and spotted the old man seating peacefully in the same spot that he loved so much. Yunho smiled, so he was here already.

“Harabeoji.”
He greeted the old man and took a seat right in front of him. The man smiled at him back.

“Yunho-ah, it’s good to see you. Did you finish with your work? I hope I didn’t take too much of your time.”
“Not at all harabeoji. I would always provide time for you. Have you been well? ”   

“I’m good, well not as active as I used to but being old does that to you. Enough about me, it’s you I’m curious about? Isn’t there’s something you want to tell me about?”

Yunho chuckled and took a sip of the cold glass of water.
He was nervous.

“I meet Changmin again.”

“And?”

“That’s it, why did you expect more?” Yunho gulped, he knows he’s not fooling anyone.

“You’re fidgeting on your seat, boy. You can’t really fool anyone with that act of yours.” The man took a sip of his tea again, this time his stare pierces into Yunho’s soul.

“I never said anything about my grandson is off-limit to you. Sure…that daughter-in-law of mine might have something to say about it, but I never said anything about that.” And continue to calmly enjoying his tea.

Yunho stood up and bowed.

“I’m sorry, I should have said something, even after all that you have done for me, becoming my benefactor and all but yet I still disobeyed Mrs.…” He didn’t get to finish because Chairman Shim beat him to it.

“It’s is your kids life, so you should really decide on what you were gonna do with it. The parents should learn to back away from involving too much in your kids life.” There was an aerie silent, accompanied by the constant chimed of the wind miles.

“You still care for him, don’t you? No one is stupid enough to keep on being single even after 5 years while he’s still young and at the prime of his youth, keep on holding hope on something so very uncertain.”
Yunho nodded, not daring to deny it in any way, not in front of the man who he owes too much.

“Then, what are you waiting for?” The old man smiled kindly to him.
 

 

   

[At the XX Hospital where Changmin is working]

 

Works come piling up for Changmin, more patients to attend to and he’s been getting less and less sleep nowadays.

It was probably his mental endurance that makes him still able to work in such of state. It is one of his chief personal policies that interns are the lowest class of human beings on earth, they were also called as the three spirits;

Idiot spirit in working,

Starved spirit in eating,

Ghost spirit in sleeping.

And not doubt Changmin is experiencing the whole things, he barely get any proper sleeps, he had to starve and grab any chance he got for food and thank god he managed to minimize any mistake throughout his work. Well at least he hasn’t committed any major error that had caused his patients their life. His hair was in tousle mess, he got eye bags under his thick frame and he started to question how anyone could live like these.

Then it just have to happen one day, the day when Changmin wished he would have pay much more attention then he should have, read on the situation more carefully, because that was the fateful day when he made a mistake.

Well technically it wasn’t a mistake but being an intern, it didn’t qualify him to perform such a surgery on patient, at least not at this level yet. He got scolded, alright. And that was enough to put his mood into the dumpster.

At one of the street vendor by the road sites on his way home, Changmin lounged around at a table, pouring himself a glass of alcohol while the meat grilled on the stove in front of him. He was alone by himself.

Sometime people seek comfort from alcohol and that was what Changmin is about to do. One glass after another, and by the time he was on his forth bottle, he started losing count on how many did he had or how the world seems to start spinning around him. The last he could remember was the smell of grilled intestine mixed with strong scent of garlic and then world turned black on his account.

 

 

 

Next morning, he was greeted by a warm bed with freezing AC and he couldn’t be even more grateful then to have a thick warm blanket covering his body underneath.

Wait, body?

His eyelids shot opened and was greeted in a stranger’s room he ended up with.

Definitely, not his room.

He took a peak underneath the blanket and mentally cursed himself, how did he end up like this in first place?

The door swing open and reveal the answer to his mystery.

Of course, Park Yoochun.

“I hope you had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter