~5

Decisions ~

Hello, Sophie here!

Ahh a week been by already, time jut seems to fly at the moment. I hope you like this chapter and will subscribe/comment/upvote :)

____________________________________________

The small bell chimed as I pushed open the door to ‘Le Maison Bleu’, the local cafe near where I lived. A strong smell of coffee filled my nostril and a family like warmth hit me as I wandered to the front with a smile on my face. I scanned the board, already knowing my choice, as I waited patiently for someone to come and serve me.

“Jen?” I looked up to see Taekwoon (Jongdae’s boss) place a latte on the counter and motion to one of the many employees to deliver to one of the tables.

“Hi Oppa,” I chirped. As usual, Taekwoon looked un-amused, only snorting slightly at the word ‘Oppa’ before listening to the rest of what I had to say. “Uh ... the usual please and also a caramel mocha.”

“Sure,” he nodded before disappearing. I leaned on the counter, turning around and surveying the small cafe as I waited. Jongdae was chatting up a storm with one of the customers causing me to roll my eyes when I saw he had noticed me. In a second, he was over at the counter and talking to me.

“Jen, what are you doing here?” He asked whilst wiping his palms on his apron.

“Just coming to get some coffee before Luhan oppa does my hair and make-up for tonight. I also needed to get out of the house,” I spoke as I tapped my fingers on the surface.

“Get out of the house? Don’t you have med school?” Jongdae asked with a quizzical look. He had to go to work early in the morning, often before the rest of us woke up and the drama for the day started.

“No, classes were cancelled so I agreed to let Luhan oppa practice on me,” I said and Jongdae hummed.

“Uh ... Jen, here,” I spun around to see Taekwoon place two cups on the side.

“Thanks,” I nodded as I placed the money on the counter and walked back to the house.

______________________________________________________

“I’m baaaccckk~” I sang as I jumped over a pile of shoes on the floor and placed the drinks on the table. No one replied so I headed through to the living room; stopping in my tracks when I saw the amount of make-up and hair products splayed across every surface and floor in the room. In the middle of the chaos were two males: one being Luhan and the other one I didn’t know.

“Jen-ah, you’re back,” Luhan said when he caught me staring at all the products. “This is Hongbin,” he said pointing to the male next to him, “He’s my little student and I want him to practice on you.” I nodded slowly, looking at Hongbin before swallowing and walking over to them.

“Hi, I’m Jen,” I shook his hand before being promptly shoved into the seat by an excited Luhan.

“Ok, start with a more mysterious look, don’t forget to prime. I’ll just go and get the drinks,” Luhan said so quickly I couldn’t understand half of it.

“Uh ... ok, I’ll start now,” I tried not to squeal at how cute Hongbin was as he stood flustered with a make-up brush in his hand.

________________________________________________________

“Now for the eye-shadow,” Luhan commanded and I closed my eyes for the ninth time that day as the soft bristles of the brush swept over the bottom eyelid. I shivered slightly as Hongbin’s breath rushed over my face and the cold make-up was smeared over the lid.

“No, Hongbinnie, like this,” The brush disappeared for a moment before being place on another part of my eyelid.

“Ahh I see hyung,” he said and soon they changed over again. I relaxed only to sit up straighter when the door opened and Chanyeol’s voice resounded through the room.

“Uh ... Jen, you’re brother’s here,” he said awkwardly before leaving and SangHyuk came through the door.

“Hello Noona,” SangHyuk said quietly, appearing almost shy in front of Luhan and Hongbin. I smiled, motioning for him to come over and hug me whilst I said hello. Both Luhan and Hongbin exchanged greetings with the boy before I looked at him questioningly. “Uh ... Umma said to tell you that ... uh your grade card came through and that she’s proud,” SangHyuk stuttered. I laughed softly as a blush rose to his cheeks: the cause being Hongbin who was staring at him with curiosity in his eyes.

“Thanks Hyuk-ah and tell her I said I’ll keep up the good work,” I smiled as the boy headed for the door a little bit quicker than usual.

“What was that about?”

_______________________________________________________

“OPPA?” I shouted over the loud music at Hakyeon. The club was noisy, smelly and hot; not the place I wanted to be. Electronic music blasted from the speakers around the room as women served drinks whilst guests in the club grinded against each other on the dance floor. Hakyeon turned from his gazing of the dance floor to look at me with a half puzzled and half annoyed look.

“I’m going to get another drink,” I said a little quieter this time before flouncing to the bar and smiling sweetly at the bartender.

“Hi there pumpkin, what can I get you?” A sleezy looking man asked as he trailed a finger around the rim of a glass.

“Uh .... just some diet coke please,” I asked, not wanting to get drunk. This sort of place wasn’t my scene but if it was what Hakyeon wanted, then I would go there. As I waited, I glanced back over to the booth, noticing with sad eyes how he was in the middle of checking out another woman across the other side of the room. She was clearly taken but that didn’t seem to stop him. My heart felt heavy as I paid the bartender for the drink. I wouldn’t say I was infatuated with Hakyeon, more in love with him after the year and a half we had known each other.

“Jen?” I turned to see Sehun and Rose making their way over to me through the moving crowd with big smiles on their faces. I engulfed them both into a big hug before ushering them both to the table. Hakyeon looked up from his ogling and smiled at his two friends. I slipped into the seat next to him, leaning on his arm slightly only to be shaken off. Hurt, I took a sip of my drink and glanced at my lap.

“How have you been hyung?” Sehun asked as he took a sip of his own drink. Hakyeon, of course, then plunged into a story of the past few weeks to which I was able to sit back and look around the room. I surveyed the dance floor, taking in all the faces whilst the others chattered, only to freeze and have my blood run cold when I took in the sight of two very familiar faces. Standing from my seat and surprising the others at the table, I stormed over to the other side of the room with a frown on my face. Hakyeon's hand landed on my shoulder but I shook him off, anger in my core bubbling away.

“YAH!” I shouted over the music, surprising them. They looked at me with innocent eyes whilst I stood there with my arms crossed. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Oh, hi Jen,” Jongin said whilst smiling. I could smell the alcohol pouring off his breath as he giggled away with an equally drunk Chanyeol.

“Don’t,” I scowled as I pulled the drinks from their hands. “Why are you following me?”

“I don’t like Hakyeon-shi, he sends shivers down my spine,” Chanyeol commented as he tried to reach for the bottle. I held it away further, letting out a frustrated sigh before yanking them both to their feet.

“We’re going home,” I hissed before shoving them out of the door and putting them in the back of my car. Grabbing my phone from my purse, I typed a quick message to Rose, knowing Hakyeon may not pick it up.

To; Rose

Something came up. See you soon x

I glanced at the phone one last time, then to the idiots in the back before pulling out of the space and driving home. I was annoyed, fuming at the two for following me to the club yet I couldn’t help but feel a little grateful that I didn’t have to stay there any longer. The noise, people and the chatting had been getting to me and now I was free to go home, take off the shoes that were rubbing my feet and the skirt that was a little too short for my liking before collapsing into bed and getting ready for school