~1

Decisions ~

Hello and welcome to the first chapter - Sophie here!

Jen and I have chosen to do relay writing, and so we'll write our own author's notes on the chapters we personally composed.

Please subscribe/comment - whatever you want ...

 ?_?

Enjoy x

____________________________________________

“Shhhh,” I grumbled, the voice of the annoying giant sitting across the table from me was boring through my skull. It was only seven in the morning and I already had a massive headache, the noises from around never seeming to stop or help.

“Well, it’s your fault really Jen,” he waffled on. Groaning, I slung one arm over my face and bent over so I was resting with my head on the table, trying to drown out his words. “If you hadn’t been so frivolous ...”

“Who’s being frivolous?” I recognised the voice belonged to Jongdae, who had entered from the other side of the kitchen. Jongdae always seemed to pick up on anything and everything that went on around him; whether that was a good or bad thing I couldn’t tell.

“Jen,” Chanyeol stated around a mouthful of cereal, to which Jongdae just hummed. Annoyed that he could just agree like that, I lifted my head quickly off my arm, having to stop as I became dizzy, before shooting the newcomer a glare.

“Yah!”

“Don’t ‘yah’ me,” Jongdae glared back as he poured a glass of milk and leaned back casually in the chair. I rolled my eyes and snorted before plonking my head back onto the table, grunting when my head made contact a little too forcefully.

“Morning one and all,” Luhan chirped a little too cheerfully as he pranced in, looking stunning like usual, where as I sat at the table in my tracksuit trousers, a strap t-shirt and glasses. I just huffed and stood, picking up my bowl from the table and moving to the sink to wash it.

There were six of us in the house together: Chanyeol, Luhan, Jongdae, Lay, Jongin and me. I can’t really remember how it came about but one day I moved to a three bedroom house with five guys. Luckily, they all respected my privacy and let me take the smaller room to myself: the larger two being divided between the five of them. I love sharing with them but it had its ups and downs, today being a downer.

“Jen, are you ok?” Luhan asked. I noticed how the others gave him a pointed look as I glared at the boy, feeling like I was maybe being a little too harsh on the innocent creature.Giving up, I sighed and relaxed, sending the boy a pout instead.

“Yeah, just a little tired,” I nodded before slipping past the three boys; one looking concerned whilst the other two looked stunned.

“How come she’s nice to you?”

___________________________________________________

I straightened the badge on my blouse and checked over my face once more, rubbing a finger over the spot that had decided to pop up over night. I had tried to cover it with concealer but to no avail and was now resorting to using a bright red lipstick to draw the eyes away from my face. Smoothing out the crinkles in my skirt, I picked up my handbag and opened the bedroom door, heading out the door to work.

I worked on the desk at the local hospital, not an exciting job but it brought in enough money to pay for my share of the bills whilst I worked on becoming a singer. Most people would have given up by now but I continued to train and go to interviews, auditions, anything that gave me a shot at pursuing my dream. However, it hadn’t been going well recently.

“Jen?” I looked up from the computer screen I had been copying records onto to see my boss, Kris, holding a file in his hand and a box in the other.

“Yes?” I asked, checking the clock behind his head and hoping I wouldn’t be asked to do over time again. I knew I wasn’t going to be so lucky though when he slammed the paper onto the ledge of the desk and glanced at me over his glasses.

“Minja rang in ill again today and no one else can cover for her,” he stated as he leaned casually against the desk.

“But, Kris I ca~”

“No excuses, get it done and you can go home." I sighed as he sauntered back into his office, the glass walls not allowing me to make a face behind his back as he settled into his big, swish leather chair and began to play on the computer again. I grabbed the folder off the top and flipped it open, scanning the contents before spreading out in my space and beginning to fill the computer with the information.

“Haung Zitao,” I mulled over the name as my fingers swiped across the keyboard. My heart felt a little heavy as I read his story, the poor boy had been through so much, it seemed. I hated taking over Minja’s work, she had one of the heart breaking jobs.

___________________________________________________

“Jen ... whoo-hoo?” I opened my sleep crusted eyes slowly, squinting when the light burnt my eyes. Slowly, I lifted my head from the desk, and wiped the drool from my lip before my eyes went wide and I tried to sort myself out.

“Oh sorry,” I mumbled as I raked a finger through my hair, a blush rising to my cheeks.

“Sleeping on the job, tsch,” I giggled as Hakyeon mocked telling me off. “Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah,” I murmured as I stood from the chair and grabbed my coat and keys. Soon we were in the car and on the way to the cinema to see a film.

“That was so good,” I laughed as we walked out, stars flashed in my eyes from coming into the light too quickly. Hakyeon chuckled as well, slipping his hand through mine as we walked to the front of the building.

“Thank you for this,” I smiled, a blush spreading across my cheeks again as I swung our hands in between us.

“My pleasure, we have to do this again,” he demanded, sounding like a child as he pulled me into an embrace. Slowly I looked up, a fluttering pounding in my heart as my eyes darted from his eyes to his lips. He looked so enticing and before I knew it, his lips were on mine.

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” I jumped away from Hakyeon, his grip slipping from around my waist as I spun around. Fear peaked in the bottom of my stomach when I realised who it was: Jongin.

To be continued ...