~12

Decisions ~

Hello :)

How are you. Sorry I was a little lax when it came to updating but I'm in the middle of exams and updating the last part skipped my mind. I hope you can forgive me.

Sophie x 

_________________________________________

I stopped, looking slightly startled when I came face to face with a pissed off looking Jongin. He had a controller in his hand but wasn’t facing the TV, just the door.

“Uh ... hi,” I said awkwardly as I undid my shoes, placing them on the rack and dropping my keys in the bowl by the door. He didn’t move, just staring at me as I came further into the room and it was unnerving. I didn’t like the way his eyes were judging when they had no right to be.

“Why were you with Hakyeon?” Jongin asked, dropping all honorifics. I stared at him, not wanting to continue with these stupid arguments. I just wanted to spend time with my friend. “You haven’t answered my question.”

“I don’t have to.”

“Yes you do.”

“No I don’t Jongin, why should I tell you?”

“Because.”

“Because is not a good enough answer. Why do I have to tell you everything?” I shouted, startling him. “Does it really matter? Because I don’t think I made you the boss of me, no one did, and now I’m sick and tired of you and Chanyeol oppa grilling me whenever you see me. Can I not just come home from being out and play on the Xbox with my friend? No, because apparently he’s a nosy bugger,” I screeched, panting once I’d finished. Jongin just continued to stare at me, no emotion on his face which pushed me more.

“You said ‘friend’,” he mused as he fiddled with the Xbox controller.

“Yes, friend,” I snorted, “the 'best' part was ditched a while ago,” I snapped one last time, storming up the stairs and leaving a teary-eyed Jongin in the wake of my words.

Once upstairs, I flopped on the bed, tears of frustration falling down my cheeks and getting the bed sheet damp. My body racked with sobs as all the emotions I had been keeping bottled up flowed away. I could feel the stress and annoyance leaving me as I continually cried until no more tears were left. I jumped, however, when a hand landed itself on my back. Turning, I saw it was Luhan before I stuffed my head back into the pillow, embarrassed.

“What’s going on baby girl?” he asked as he my back. It was calming and quite relaxing. I just sniffed loudly before rolling over and looking at him through red, puffy eyes.

“Well, I came home and Jongin was waiting for me and he asked why I was with Hakyeon and then I snapped,” I didn’t take a breath as I spoke, the words just rolling off my tongue. “The thing is though, I wasn’t with Hakyeon until the end when he offered to walk me home.”

“Shhh it’s ok,” Luhan pulled me up and into a hug once I had finished wailing. “Jongin is pretty upset too.”

“Really?” I sniffled as I sat up and looked at him with wide eyes. Guilt suddenly crashed over me. I realised I had been harsh, maybe too harsh to my friend. I felt so bad that I’d been so mean to him when really he was just worrying about me. I stood up, surprising Luhan as I hurried out the door. I ran down the corridor, coming face to face with Jongin’s door. Pulling on the door handle, I opened it to find him lying on his bed, looking at the ceiling as though it held all the answers in the world.

“Uh ... Jongin-ah,” His head whipped towards the door and stared at me. I swallowed hard as I fiddled with my fingers and looked at the floor, feeling too guilty. “I’m so sorry,” I whispered before the tears started to come again. It was silent got a moment and I looked up to see Jongin with tears in his eyes as well. He patted the space next to him and soon I was tucked under his arm with my face in his shoulder.

“I’m sorry too Jen-ah, it’s just, I don’t like him and I worry for you,” I smiled into his neck, the guilt still there but the warmth overwhelming. “I didn’t mean to shout at you,” I whispered before closing my eyes and feeling exhausted. I felt drained and all I wanted was to go to sleep. What’s more, Jongin was warm and smelt familiar and before I knew it, I was drifting into dreamland. The last thing I noticed was the small kiss my now best-friend placed on my forehead.

_________________________________________________

*SNAP*

The sound of a camera shutter stirred me from my sleep.

“They’re so cute. O-m-g,” I opened my sleep-clogged eyes to see Chanyeol and Jongdae standing over me like two cheeky elves. I frowned, drawing my hand over my face before stopping and remembering where I was. I looked to my left to see Jongin’s face inches from mine causing me to jumped up slightly. He jumped as well, groaning when the light was a little too bright.

“What are you doing?” I looked towards the door to see Sophie, Chanyeol’s girlfriend, walk through the door. Chanyeol tried to hide his phone but she saw it and snatched it before he could do anything. “Really?”

“Sorry,” Chanyeol looked like a lost puppy when Sophie marched the two mischievous boys out of the room before winking at me. I snorted, glad that she had taken them away before I slid out the bed.

“Why does this feel like a one night stand?” Jongin asked with an amused look on his face as I straightened out my clothes. I laughed, hitting on the arm before going towards the door. “Where you going today?” Jongin asked and I had to remind myself not to blow my lid. Luckily, I wouldn’t be seeing Hakyeon today.

“School and then work,” I grimaced causing Jongin to laugh slightly.

“Good luck then.”

________________________________________________________

School went quickly, Jaewhan not failing in keeping me entertained as we sat through boring lecture after lecture. Time past and soon I was sitting at my desk in the front of the hospital. I sifted through paper after paper as I worked; welcoming people as they entered the hospital for check-ups or to visit loved ones.

“Jen, can .... you?” I looked up to see one of the surgeons standing in front of the desk with a folder that was spilling. I nodded, knowing he was one of the higher ranking surgeons before taking the file and emptying the contents – only to have to organise it.

The hospital wasn’t busy like it normally was. There were very few people coming and going and barely anyone going to be check ed in or out. I shook my head, grateful for the peace but soon regretting the thought when alarm bells rang. I stood from my place, watching as a raven coloured hair boy ran through the seating area, trying to make for the door. I swallowed hard, recognising him from somewhere as I hurried to help the people trying to stop him.

“STOP THE BOY!” Someone shouted as two people tackled him. I didn’t know what was going on as I hurried to help. I was only pushed aside, however, and was, again, a piece of paper.

Huang Zitao – Room 563                                                                                                                                                                                            Doctor J. Kim and Nurse K. Do

I watched as they dragged the struggling boy back, who was kicking violently and screaming, causing a scene as he was taken away. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for the male. The look of fear and sadness in his eyes was overpowering as I hugged the paper tightly to my chest. I turned to go back to my desk, noticing how Kris was suddenly very quiet. I frowned once before collecting my things and heading home, the raven boy still clear in my mind.

______________________________________________________

“I don’t know,” Jaehwan complained as we lay on the floor in the living room. Our textbooks were scattered over the floor as we worked on the homework, the only thing was that it was almost impossible and not even the two of us had made very much progress in the two hours we had been working.

“I don’t know either, urghhh,” I moaned in frustration as I pulled on my hair slightly making Jaehwan laugh. I had read the book but my mind was else were. Today was the day my little brother was meeting the stupid girl he was supposed to marry for my parents' profit and not his own. I just hoped that she would want to go against the marriage like my brother – he was gay, in love with another boy, not some rich, spoilt girl. Hongbin, his current love interest was sitting on the couch with Chanyeol as they talked.

The door suddenly opened and I held my breath, hoping it was my brother. To my surprise he looked happy and was smiling away, talking to someone as he came round the door.

“Hi noona!” He laughed cutely.

“Uh ... hi,” I said sceptically; wanting to know why he was happy and how it had gone. “How did the meeting go?”

“Oh, you’ll never guess what noona!” He said, “Sophie noona is the girl I’m supposed to marry,” he chuckled before pulling her from behind the door. They were both in fits of laughter and it wouldn’t take a genius to see the thunder clouds form over both Chanyeol and Hongbin’s heads.

“You ... two are to get ... married?” Hongbin choked out causing Hyuk to look at him with worry. My brother then hurried over to his boyfriend and sat on his lap, burying his head in his neck and laughing.

“Of course not, were you jealous?” he asked as he pecked Hongbin on the cheek. I noticed Sophie and Chanyeol had disappeared as well so I sent  Jaehwan a look. He nodded and we soon escaped, heading down the road to ‘Le Maison Bleu’ to leave the couples some time alone.