~18

Decisions ~

Hello lovelies, I hope you enjoy this chapter. 

Sophie x 

_____________________________________________

I traipsed up the stairs, the bus ride not doing anything to help the growing ache in my lower back. However, the pain was long forgotten and smothered by the feeling of exhilaration that was still pulsing through my body. My brain hadn’t yet grasped what had happened and was causing me to walk around in a dazed state – having to spend longer than usual when opening the door.

I entered the hallway surprised yet again at how quiet the house was. I was already quite late but not late enough that everyone had gone to bed. I tip-toed further into the house, expecting to see someone but coming out of a room but only jumping when a shout echoed throughout the house.

“ARRGGHHH.” I blinked, confused, before hurrying up the stairs and towards the sound. The corridor seemed longer than before as I listened at every door; stopping at the one with the word ‘Kai’ scrawled across the front. My hand was on the door handle, about to turn the knob when I heard something I wish I hadn’t.

“And she’s out with the bastard again tonight when only yesterday she wouldn’t talk to him. Is she bi-polar?” My blood boiled as I linked the voice to the person; fuming that he would even say something like that – he was supposed to be my best-friend.

“Well, maybe do something about it?” I heard Chanyeol add stupidly.

“You do realise why he’s going it though, right? He doesn’t actually love her.” My grip around the handle tightened as I listened, my heart telling me to run whilst my head told me to stay. As hard as I tried, my feet wouldn’t move from the spot.

“Really?”

“Yeah, he’s only doing it ‘cause apparently becoming the dance instructor wasn’t enough. He took that and now he took her, just to rub it in my face,” Confusion flashed across my features, along with anger and sadness as well as disbelief. I couldn’t believe anything these idiots were saying, it wasn’t right.

“No! Heartless bastard.”

“Yeah, dude, look ...” I waited, the sound of a phone unlocking piercing the silence before a disapproving grunt and a gasp. I wanted to know so badly what they were looking at.

“So you see why they should break up?” That was it. My hand turned the knob of the door; my arm smashing it back into the wall with so much force you could hear the plaster cracking. Both culprits looked up, startled, with wide eyes when they took in that it was me. By now tears of anger were streaming down my face as I stormed over to the bed and slapped Jongin across the face: hard.

“How dare you,” I hissed whilst Jongin cupped his cheek. Chanyeol just looked at me as though I had transformed into Medusa and that I would turn him to stone. “How dare you make up some like that!”

“Je-Jen, he didn’t make it up,” Chanyeol whimpered as I focused my glare onto him. “I’ve seen it all.”

“Yeah,” I scoffed. “Of course. Don’t ever talk to me again Kim Jongin. I hate you!” I screamed before running out the room and through the house. I didn’t grab anything, no key, no purse as I sprinted out the house and down the road; not heading anywhere in particular but wanting to escape everything.

_________________________________________________

I ended up on the bridge in the city centre, just leaning against the bars. The wind was gentle, ruffling my hair gently as I stood and gazed at the lights; mesmerised at how they contrasted with the black of the sky. No stars were out, the streetlamps the only lights in the sky which illuminated the pathways enough for anyone to see their way around. Tears continued to flow down my cheeks, drying halfway as my brain wandered: not able to escape the earlier events. I didn’t want this. I didn’t want to know the things I did. Couldn’t I go back? Why didn’t I stay with Hakyeon longer?

It would be wrong of me to ignore this. If the things Jongin said were true, then he had to go. There was nothing that would convince me to stay with a soulless bastard who only dated people for revenge. Yet, it would be even more wrong of me to act without knowing the full story. My soul was torn, half of me screaming to stay with Hakyeon. Just hours ago I had been taken somewhere I’d never been before and it was amazing. However, many others can do the same – heck some do it willingly for money. The other half was screaming at me to leave him, no rhyme or reason.

“Jen,” I jumped, pulled from my thoughts. I turned to see Jongin making his way to me. Anger immediately flowed through me; I was livid. How could he have the audacity to try and speak to me?

“What?” I snapped before I turned and looked out over the city again. It was just so enticing.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered and placed a hand on my shoulder. I quickly shrugged him off: stepping to the side and placing a distance in between us. “Please Jen, just hear me out. I nodded, waiting to hear his side of the story.

“Hakyeon and I go back a long way,” he started. I looked at him with wide-eyes to which he held his finger up, telling me to wait. “We went to the same school when we were younger and, of course, he was my sunbae and I used to respect him. Then, as we got older, I noticed he realised he could get his way with women and he started to abuse that. He partied nearly every weekend and slept with a different girl every time.” I could feel my eyes welling as I listened; eyes still on the road beneath and the cars flashing by.

“We both had and still have the dreams of being the world’s greatest choreographers. When school was done, we both went and tried out for a job at the company. We both tied for results but Hakyeon got the job in the end, only because he was older. If the knowledge that he’d got the position wasn’t enough, he then decided to rub it in my face everyday afterwards. Then he decided to make my life even more miserable. He knew I was friends with you and one night I overheard him talking to Taekwoon. Hakyeon decided to date you in spite as he knew that would be the last straw. It took everything I had not to rip his head off his body there and then and then you came home, happy, telling everyone you two were an item. It ripped my heart out there an then. Chanyeol, being the idiot he is, won’t let it go and is determined to break you two apart but I guess that’s too late now."

I hadn’t realised I was staring until he finished. Tears were making their ways down both of our faces. I couldn’t believe this. Before I could speak, Jongin pulled his phone from his pocket. He found a page in a few seconds before showing it to me. A sick feeling planted itself in my stomach as I read through the numerous hate texts to Jongin from Hakyeon and in that moment, I knew what he’d said was true. I knew what I had to do.

“Come on,” I murmered before pulling on Jongin’s hands and heading for the residence of Hakyeon and Ravi.

______________________________________________________

“Oh, hi Jen,” Ravi opened the door. I shot him a glare, shoving past him before heading up to Hakyeon’s room. Jongin was waiting in the car whilst I did what I thought was right. I wanted it to be short and sweet, nothing more.

“Jen-ah!” Hakyeon chirped when I entered his room. The smile across his face soon disappeared when I glared at hime: boring holes into his skull and trying to channel all my emotions. “Are you ok?”

“I know,” Hakyeon looked at me, puzzled as he sat on his bed.

“What?”

“I know,” I repeated, my hands forming fists. “I know everything that happened between you and Jongin.” His eyes went wide as he realised what I meant.

“No, whatever he’s told you is bull,” it was almost like he was begging.

“How could you? You bastard,” my voice wavered as I tried not to shout. I kicked the door, making him jump. It was all too much; I couldn’t deal with how unresponsive he was.

“I ... please Jen,” he walked over to me and tried to grab me. I moved out the way, only to be backed against the door. My heart was pounding, nausea rolling over me in waves as I stared at him. “I love you.”

“Don’t lie! You've never had a bone in your body that was remotely close to loving me.” I screeched before punching him in the chest. He staggered backwards, surprised at what I’d done.

“I’m not lying,” he said. “I really do love you.”

“Yeah right,” I spat before turning around and walking out to the car leaving a shocked and hurt Hakyeon behind.