Home

Secret

Ella lived in a small one bedroom apartment overlooking the port. The living room was small, cozy room with bright paintings covering the walls. In one corner was a big flat screen TV with a surround system, there was a piano by the window and a huge book shelf against the right wall. In the middle of the room stood a pair of couches with a coffee table in the center. The only thing separating the kitchen from the living room was the kitchen island loaded with appliances. There was a dining table against the window with a laptop.

“Come on in D, it might be a lil messy.”

“This!? Messy?! Ella if you call this a mess wonder what you say about my place....”

“Hm…A pigs sty?” Ella remembered exactly what Dongwoo’s place looked like without any need of seeing it and that was a pretty close description of it.

“Aw Ella come on its not that bad!” was Demetri's quick retort, but after looking at Jan all he could say was “ok,ok its pretty bad. But not THAT bad.”

“Yep, it probably worse.”

“Awww your brutal you know… Hey this isn't bad you know! This place is pretty nice actually. Hope you won’t mind me crashing here.” Dongwoon walked over to the window and looked out “Hey the views pretty good too. How did you get this place?” looking around he noticed Ella in the kitchen. So he headed over to the kitchen.

“D you want tea or coffee?”

“Milk, actually.”

“Milk?...”

“Yeah you see it’s this new thing I read about, drinking milk instead of water, or coffee, or tea, or juice, or anything. It’s supposed to help your eye sight. You know.”

“Like night vision?................”

“Not exactly.....”

“Like cat vision??”

“Are you laughing at me?” seeing the little twinkle in her eyes confirmed it “Fine laugh all you want, I'll have some tea.”

“You sure? I mean your vision IS important.”

“Yeah I’m sure just get me some tea.”

“Okay. Hey Dongwoon there’s some chicken curry in the fridge take it out...oh wait it’s all gone.”

“Let’s get some fried chicken then! Let’s order take out!!!”

“Fine, we'll use your credit card.”

“Oh now I'm paying? I see how it is.”

“Well look at it as financial assistance for your current landlord.”

“Seems like no matter what I am gonna have to pay...fine but I order what I want.”

“Ok just don’t order anything weird.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.”