Best Records

Secret

 

Best Record was a small music store hiden away on one of the more quieter streets of Busan. In all honestly unless you knew what you were looking for you would probably miss it. On the outside it was a plain building with only one small sign in the window wiht its name and hours of operation.

While on the outside it appeared plain and ordidanry that was not the case for the inside. Every inch of the walls were covered with tons of bright posters portraying different celebrities and idol groups. Dozens of bookshelves, overflowing with books, CDs and DVDs all stacked and sorted in the most unpredictable order, were arranged all over the room creating a warm and cozy atmosphere, while at the same time allowing as much room as possible to walk through. Spotlights crazily aimed at random bookshelves and posters were the only source of light. In the back corner, enclosed by bookshelves, were three bean bag chairs placed at different angles, a guitar leaned against the wall. Two black laptops rested on a small coffee table in the center; disco ball illuminated the enclosed space.

“Ding Dong Ding Dong” rang the bell of Best Records, marking the arrival of a new customer.

AJ, the store owner, sat behind the counter engrossed in a book. In his mid-twenties AJ was well build with shaggy, shoulder length hair and a friendly smile; he was very handsome if not for the pair of thick, black-rimmed glasses that he always wore. As soon as the bell rang he called out without looking up:

“Hello! Welcome to Best Records. I’m AJ, if you need any help let me know.”

“Yeah can you tell me where I can find June? I’m an old friend of hers and I heard she works here."

Finally tearing his eyes away from his book AJ looked up, before him was a tall stranger his face completely hidden behind a scarf, a pair of sunglasses with his hood pulled up.

June? Its been almost five years since we left no one knows that we're here...who is he? Is he a danger to us.......- thought AJ before replying cautiously:

“June? I’m sorry but I don’t think I know anyone by that name.”

"Really? My information must be wrong then...but then that face is hard to hide behind a pair of glasses you know."

“I'm sorry but I dont know what your talking about, is there anything I can help you with?” the man suddenly started laughing

"Yeah you can tell me where June is." suddenly the stranger took of his hood.

“Luhan!?! What the hell?! What's up with this gettup??”

"This?" he asked taking off the glasses and the scarf “Hehehe sorry I didn’t want to be recognized, but you were just sitting there...I just couldn’t help myself hahaha!”

“Yeah hahaha I can tell.” AJ was laughing now as well “Oh yea what are you doing here?”

“I haven’t visited in a long time and we practically don’t ever get any time off, and when we do it’s difficult to slip away.We were given some time off before our comeback…so here I am”

"You were given time off...right before your comeback? And you lesuirely travel in that getup??"

"Well...no......I might have sort of...run away.....and had to use whatever I had on hand..... You know this face is pretty famous nowadays."

"WHAT?!!! I knew it!!!! Your poor manager!"

"But I missed YOU!!"

“Yeah the last time we saw you was four years ago, when do you have to go back to Seoul?”

“In a week or so…whenever…Oh! Where’s June?”

“She’s in the back room, go on in she’ll be glad to see you.”

“Nae! I’ll see you later then.” Luhan called back over his shoulder on his way to the back of the store

“Juneeee!” he called out once he saw a girl washing a huge pile of dishes at the sink. She quickly turned around and taking of her pink rubber gloves went towards him.

“OHMG!!! LU LU!!!!!! It’s been a while!” she said hugging him. “How have you been? Are you hungry? Did you lose weight? Are you tired?....Hold on what are you doing here?”

“You really haven’t changed...” he said laughing “I’m ok, everything’s fine, I’m not hungry or tired, and I missed you guys so I came for a visit.”

“Really, that’s good to hear. AJ just finished his breakfast not too long ago and I’m still in the process of cleaning up from it. He's unbelievable! He cleaned out everything in the fridge in just one go, now I have to go grocery shopping again.” She said pointing to a huge pile of dishes in the sink that she was washing seconds ago.

“Seems like it’s gotten worse,” he said laughing “back then it took him at least three meals to finish everything off in the fridge.”

“Maybe it was cuz he had to do his own dishes then.” She replied, glaring at AJ who just walked into the room.

“What are you talking about? I still got my six-pack don't I? I need to maintain it you know. Plus I’m still a growing kid you know.” was AJ’s cheeky reply

“YA! Your 25 and you call yourself a growing kid?! The only way you’re going to be growing is sideways!”

"No way jagiya, it’s just that your cooking is so delicious that I just can’t help it."

“Well  since it’s my cooking that's causing all these dishes from now on ajusshi all of your meals will be from the pre-cooked, ready aisle and you'll be doing your own dishes.”

“Oh man, I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut.” muttered AJ, then turning to Luha he asked “So what brings you here? Did something happen?”

“Naww…just need some time to think and this place the best hide out, no one would even think of looking here.”

“Well this is what this place was built for; you’re welcome to stay as long as you want.” Was Junes response, “Ok then, I’m off to the market then…and yeobo those dishes better be done by the time I come back.” She gave him a breathtaking smile and left.

“Of course they will be done! We'll do them right now!”

When AJ and Luhan turned around and looked at the pile of dishes in the sink it seemed like the amount of dishes had doubled since seconds ago. Sighing the two of them got to work.