Promise Us

Inequality

Inequality

Chapter 38 – Promise Us

 

Kris and Xiumin took a rest and they sighed. They haven't made any progress as they seemed to have ran into a lab rat area where, literally everything, was an enemy.

 

The two sighed as they backtracked and made their way to a safe area and Kris mumbled, “It's like their zombies. They're not even human.”

 

Xiumin nodded, the sweat lined his face and his hair stuck to his forehead and he shook his head forcefully, trying to cool himself off and the ice wall he made was being attacked relentlessly and Kris mumbled, “We're at a dead end.”

 

The older male nodded and the dui zhang groaned, “God damn it, no matter how many times we slice them or try to attack them, nothing works.”

 

They're not human, duh.” A familiar voice called out. Akari teleported right into their safe haven and she asked, “What are you guys doing in this part of the facility anyways? Didn't you see it was marked 'Do Not Enter'?”

 

Kris scoffed, “Please, the whole place screams that. And besides, you still came barging in didn't you?”

 

Akari laughed and smirked, “Please Kris, I can handle these things without getting all tired and exhausted, then again, you are growing old.”

 

Kris' jaw dropped and Xiumin laughed and asked, “Have you ran into the others yet?”

 

Everyone but Chen.”

 

They all went silent and Kris muttered, “He likes you, you know?”

 

I know.”

 

No one responded and Kris and Xiumin looked up from where they were sitting to see worry in her eyes and she gave them a soft smile before gently tapping Xiumin's cheek and flicking Kris' forehead.

 

What the heck?” Kris muttered. Akari didn't look and she blasted through Xiumin's ice, using it to her advantage as she froze them thoroughly and then crushed them into pieces. She ran off and Xiumin softly mumbled, “Feels like a teleportation tag.”

 

Kris looked at him in confusion and Xiumin laughed, “You need to study more on these things.”

 

Shut up, I don't have time to when I'm dealing with all the recruits and their questions.”

 

Xiumin shook his head and he mumbled, “Should we follow her?”

 

Yeah.” Kris got up, groaning a bit and he mumbled, “Maybe I am getting old.”

 

Xiumin shook his head and slightly whacked the younger male and he mumbled, “I'm older than you.”

 

Kris smirked, and he laughed, “Right.”

 

*****

Akari jumped from machinery to machinery, avoiding the ocean of … whatever those things were. Akari could feel it, the way they all followed her and ignored Kris and Xiumin who had once again entered the room and she mumbled, “More fakes.”

 

Of course. This is where they all went. Just kill them off. They're not me.

 

The petite girl nodded and stood up tall on the piece of machinery she was on and Kris and Xiumin froze as the room temperature dropped. Akari's eyes were closed and Xiumin mumbled, “No matter what you do Kris, do not let go of my hand.”

 

Kris opened his mouth to respond, but nothing came out as Xiumin immediately put up a barrier of ice that barely, just barely, blocked Akari's blizzard attack as everything froze in it's spot. Almost immediately, the room temperature went beyond normal as it soared. The whole room was set on fire and the frozen objects all melted into water, and Xiumin mumbled, “She froze them completely?!”

 

Kris and Xiumin were safe at their small little corner away from the whole area and Akari opened her eyes and she felt the machinery she was standing on crumble into pieces and she mumbled, “That was easier than expected.”

 

What the hell Akari? You could have killed us!” Kris shouted. Xiumin covered his left ear in protest and shot a glare at their leader and Akari scoffed, “Please, you had Xiumin, you'd be fine.”

 

What is that supposed to mean?” Kris retorted. Akari smirked, “Just calling you a tad it useless.”

 

Kris opened his mouth to retort and Xiumin laughed, a small smile played out on her lips and Akari warned, “Stay safe and leave this area.”

 

Xiumin stopped laughing and the two males exchanged glances and nodded their heads and Xiumin asked softly, “What about you?”

 

I'll be fine.”

 

No, what are you planning to do?” Kris elaborated. Akari smiled softly and she said, “Me? I plan on helping you guys obtain peace.”

 

What?”

 

She laughed and she said, “Remember what you asked me to do?”

 

Kris nodded, “Area 15.”

 

She nodded solemnly, the laughter and smile was wiped clear off her face and she mumbled, “This is our only solution. If we do it in any other way, in terms of endurance, we'd lose. That's why... we have to do this.”

 

Clovis is already dead though.”

 

But his father isn't.”

 

The two males' eyes widened and Xiumin asked, “How will you reach him though?! He's all the way in Russia!”

 

You'd be surprised about what J can do. Right?”

 

Hmph, only we have the ability to do this. We're 'the weapon of mass destruction.'

 

Akari shook her head, I bet that Dictator would have never expected this to happen to him. After all... he was planning to use us to make himself the strongest person in the world.

 

Akari?”

 

The petite girl snapped out of her conversation with her Wing and she gave them a small smile and she said, “Trust me.”

 

But.”

 

Akari already disappeared and Xiumin mumbled the rest of the sentence, “What will happen to you?”