Don't Decide Yet

Inequality

Inequality

Chapter 30 – Don't Decide Yet

 

A fist came out of no where as it came in contact with Tao's face and Jungkook stood there angrily and he yelled, “He could have died because of you!”

 

Tao accepted the punch without a word and Kris stood between the two of them and Jungkook glared at the taller male and said, “If you-”

 

I'm not on either side. I think both of you are acting irrationally.” Kris spoke up. His voice was filled with authority and Jungkook knew his position and he took a step back before sending one more glare to Tao. Tao gently touched the cheek he got punched at and he sighed, “Sorry.”

 

Don't apologize to me, apologize to them.”

 

Tao didn't stand up and he sat there and Kris asked, “What made you attack Dongjun?”

 

I like Akari.”

 

. . .

 

Pardon?” Kris repeated. They were in a separate room from where Dongjun was resting. They were still at Luhan's place and Luhan had put Dongjun in the biggest room with the most healing equipment possible. Akari was there with him, watching over him with concern and Kris sighed.

 

You,” he repeated, “Like Akari?”

 

Tao looked away and he said, “It's kind of hard not to.”

 

Well for all I know, you don't even talk to her. Why would you like her?”

 

The panda warrior looked up and he said, “I want to protect her.”

 

Kris sighed, “Did Jungkook mess up your brain or are you not processing my questions properly? I asked why would you like her, not why you attacked Dongjun.”

 

You did ask me why I attacked him...”

 

Yeah and you told me you liked Akari.”

 

. . .

 

Wait, what were you asking me about?”

 

Kris sighed, “Never mind. Just clear your head before you come back. And be certain about your feelings, I don't need you or Jongdae yelling at each other and fighting over her.”

 

Kris was about to walk away when he heard Tao's soft mutterings.

 

I still don't think he should die for her.”

 

None of us do, but he doesn't have a choice left now does he?”

 

Tao kept silent because he knew the answer to that. Dongjun didn't. Kris left the room and came face to face with Xiumin and he asked, “Well?”

 

Xiumin sighed and nodded and he mumbled, “I noticed it a while back. He always had that soft gaze whenever he saw her.”

 

Kris sighed and he said, “Idiots. Idiots in love. This is why I had stated in the very beginning...”

 

'If you treat her any more than a comrade, you may end up in a sticky situation.'”

 

Kris nodded and Xiumin mumbled, “Like Hyerin?”

 

The dui zhang nodded once more and he frowned, “It's unfair.”

 

I know.”

 

'In this world, all men were not created equal.' Isn't that what Akari once said?” Xiumin asked. Kris tilted his head in confusion and he shrugged, “I don't know anymore. This whole situation is a mess though... I don't think they plan on invading any time soon at this rate.”

 

Xiumin shook his head and he said, “I don't think so... V and Jungkook are a mess. I've never seen them like that before.”

 

I think Akari's in an even worse state.”

 

*****

“Akari... come on, you have to eat.” Chen gently prodded. He had finally managed to get her out of the room and to let Lay inspect Dongjun, and now Chen had Akari in his hands considering how Kris decided to take care of V and Jungkook decided to stay with Luhan.

 

Akari looked at Chen sadly. Chen sighed, It's better than having her lifeless. Akari gently played with her food and she sighed, “Do you think oppa will be okay?”

 

Chen flinched at how endearing she had referred to Dongjun and he mumbled, “I hope so..”

 

You know... I knew all this time that Dongjun would die earlier than me,” Akari admitted softly. Chen's head snapped up and forward and she reached into her shirt and slowly pulled out the crystal. A soft, yet sad smile appeared on her face and she said, “When Dongjun oppa gave me this... I was able to feel his energy radiating off of it. And that's when I knew... there was either something wrong with me, or wrong with him, for him to have to have done that.”

 

Akari...”

 

She gave him a soft smile and she said, “You know... that day... he told me... he'd rather die than to see me die.”

 

Chen grimaced and she continued, “But that pabo... I'd rather die than to live without him...”

 

Even now?” Chen asked almost desperately. Akari looked up, somewhat surprised and she reached out and gently held Chen's hand, “Kind of... I can't imagine a life without Dongjun oppa.”

 

Chen looked away and he entwined his fingers with her and he mumbled, “Don't... Please don't leave us.”

 

Akari's eyes widened in surprise and Chen held onto her hand tightly and mumbled, “Don't decide yet... I don't want you to leave. If...” he paused, but he knew, if he didn't tell her now, he might never get the chance to, “If Dongjun does leave you first... Can't you still stay...?”

 

Chen..?”

 

We...”

 

He paused and he mumbled, “No, not them, me.”

 

Jongdae...?”

 

I don't want you to be so selfless... I know you and Dongjun have known each other for forever, and you two have never been separated, but please,” Chen looked up and into her eyes. Akari was startled by the emotions in them and he continued, “Please, consider how I feel. I know I may be an ant in comparison to Dongjun... but please, give me a chance as well.”

 

Akari couldn't bear to look away and she rested her forehead against his, taking him by surprise and she mumbled, “I don't know.”

 

Chen didn't speak and she continued, “You don't know how much he means to me.”

 

Yeah, I don't.”

 

The response shocked Akari and she tensed and he whispered, “But you don't know how much you mean to me.”