Secrets

Inequality

Inequality

Chapter 22 – Secrets

 

Akari ran back to the training grounds, surprising Tao and Xiumin who had remained there. Tao saw her eyes flitting around as she seemed to be unable to gather her wits about and he softly called her name, gathering her attention.

 

She looked at him, her silver orbs were somewhat larger than usual when suddenly she stopped, and she felt the familiar tingling of a communication. However, the feeling this time was intensified and she closed her eyes when she heard the soft voice of her dongsaeng.

 

Noona.

 

Akari opened her eyes and immediately dashed off before Tao could reach her. Her wings had spread widely and she had launched herself into the air, racing towards Luhan's humble abode.

 

Tao and Xiumin watched her soar off and Tao said, “She's beautiful when she's in the air.”

 

Xiumin raised an eyebrow and asked, “Are you interested in her too?”

 

Tao looked at him, somewhat surprised and he said, “No, of course not.”

 

Xiumin narrowed his eyes, and then looked away and shrugged, “If you say so.”

 

Hyung... are you implying I like her?”

 

I imply a lot of things Tao.”

 

Tao looked at his hyung confused and Xiumin turned back to the trainees, giving them his full attention as he got back to training them.

 

Akari, on the other hand, had just arrived at Luhan's domain and rushed forward, almost without having to look where she was going as she just followed that familiar energy signal.

 

Jungkook waited with Dongjun and Luhan with a small smile on his face and Dongjun muttered, “Sometimes I hate you for being as close to her as I am.”

 

Luhan raised an eyebrow and Jungkook laughed, “Sorry hyung. We're blood related for a reason.”

 

Blood related?” Luhan asked. Jungkook nodded and he said, “They infused noona's blood into me when I was close to death years ago.”

 

Ah, I thought you guys were actual siblings for a moment.”

 

Dongjun and Jungkook glanced at each other and Jungkook said, “We're as close as it can get. After all, we–”

 

JEON JUNGKOOK!” Akari practically yelled. Jungkook looked up from where he was sitting and suddenly was tackled by his noona as he struggled to remain sitting. Almost immediately, he felt it, that familiar feeling of warmth and comfort that only she was able to give him because of their blood.

 

Dongjun smiled and softly ruffled her hair and he said, “You'll suffocate the poor child.”

 

Akari reluctantly let go and Luhan smiled at the scene. They're a family alright. All of them are.

 

She pouted and whined, “But I missed him.”

 

More than you missed me?” Dongjun teased. Akari shook her head and she got off completely and Jungkook chuckled, “Hyung would have been jealous if you said yes.”

 

No, I think Taehyung would be the most upset if he heard this. Where is he anyways? Still with Chen?”

 

Akari shrugged and she appeared flustered and Luhan wanted to laugh at the thoughts that ran through her head and he asked, “So what did Chen do to you this time?”

 

This time?!” Dongjun and Jungkook asked in sync. Akari blinked and she mumbled, “He didn't do anything.”

 

Dongjun narrowed his eyes and exchanged glanced with Jungkook and Luhan laughed, “You two are so protective of her. She can fend for herself, you know that.”

 

Of course we know,” Jungkook huffed, he pouted and complained, “Noona can't be physically hurt, it's the emotions! All of us have gone through so much emotionally, but...” he paused and he gave Dongjun and Akari a small smile and continued, “It'll still hurt no matter how adapted we are.”

 

Akari wasn't paying attention though as she recalled the short incident with Chen that she just had. Just thinking about it made her blush and she quickly slapped her cheeks, catching the three males around her off guard and she mumbled, “Nothing happened.”

 

The three males exchanged glances and Dongjun sighed and gently called her name. Akari looked up and glanced at him and he beckoned her to come closer and she did, and she almost instantly curled up like a ball against his side as she hugged him tightly.

 

Her safe haven,” Luhan commented. Jungkook nodded and said, “Hyung and noona are inseparable, but...”

 

But what?” Akari asked. She looked up from where she was stationed, all cuddled up and holding on tightly to Dongjun. Jungkook shook his head and smiled, “Nothing noona. Nothing at all.”

 

I'll talk to you later Luhan hyung. After all, you might be the only one that can help those two.

 

Luhan blinked in confusion from Jungkook's message and the younger male clapped his hands together and asked, Please.

 

The older male hesitantly nodded his head and Jungkook smiled before turning back to his hyung and noona and idly chatted with them as Luhan wandered away, giving the three their long awaited and deserved alone time.

 

*****

“Ne, Chen hyung,” V asked, with his third cone of ice cream. He had apparently never tasted it before, although he had heard of it, the only ice cream he ever tasted was when his other hyung called Jin had created from his own power and had used simple flavoring such as fresh strawberries and other fruits to decorate it.

 

Hm?”

 

Were you serious about noona?”

 

Chen almost choked on his soda and he coughed as V gently patted his back. V scratched the back of his head and sheepishly smiled, “Sorry that was a weird question huh?”

 

The older male shook his head and he said, “No, not at all, why?”

 

V paused as he contemplated it. Kookie did mention that if they found someone even similar to hyung, we'd consider going through the plan, but if he isn't completely like hyung... V's thoughts stopped and he sighed, But if he doesn't love noona like hyung does...

 

V frowned and Chen asked, “What's on your mind Taehyung?”

 

V wanted to cry. Everything was so frustrating. Even though they were seemingly in a peaceful situation, one slip, one wrong movement could send everything spiraling. He lowered his head and asked, “Hyung, if someone you knew was dying, and they asked you to keep it a secret from the person they love the most, would you be able to?”

 

Chen's eyes widened and he asked, “Why are you asking me this..? V are you dying?”

 

V almost wanted to laugh. Almost. Except it wasn't him who was dying, although he wished he could take his place. V shook his head and Chen watched the normally easy-going and carefree boy closely.

 

If I knew someone who was about to die... and they told me to keep it a secret from those that they love the most... I don't know if I'd be able to keep that secret.

 

I don't know V.”

 

V closed his eyes and willed the tears to stop, although one betrayed his feelings as it slid down his cheek and he mumbled, “I don't know what to do. W- I've known for almost five years now, but I can see it. The weakening state of that person. And how they always look at their loved ones with such a painful expression.”

 

Chen couldn't think of anyone and he asked, “Is that person still alive?”

 

V nodded and he managed to whisper, “There's only so much time left.. And.. Chen hyung, I don't know anymore. I don't know what to do. If we mess up, everything could go wrong. Everything.”

 

What do you mean 'everything'?”

 

Chen didn't receive an answer though. After all, V was still struggling to come to terms that the years have caught up and he wanted to trade places so badly. If only... If only.