The Escape

Inequality

Inequality

Chapter 2 – The Escape

 

So you plan to overthrow the rule?” Akari whistled approvingly and mumbled, “Sounds fun.”

 

We want to take Area 15 back... South Korea.. it doesn't belong to them.”

 

She looked him over and attempted to read his mind, but he looked away and she mumbled, “Smart. Did Clovis make you guys as well?”

 

Akari looked at Kris and her gaze shifted back to the group of males. Dongjun was sitting down in the jail of ice and he stared blankly at her. She, in return, blinked in confusion. Dongjun could easily negate that, what the hell is that idiot doing? Akari glances back in time to see Kris shake his head and he responded, “We're natural borns.”

 

Her expression softened and she mumbled, “So you weren't tainted then..”

 

However, that fleeting warmth in her expression fades, as her expression hardens shortly afterward when she glance back down and made eye contact with Dongjun. You can leave, Akari. She hear his voice in her head and she nodded and mumbled, “You're lucky, that you weren't tainted.”

 

Akari looked up and said, “We can't negotiate here, we'll be caught by Clovis' men.”

 

Not Dongjun?” Kris asked. She doesn't respond, instead snapped her fingers and broke the ice. As the shards floated downwards, they reformed into a lift of some sort and she sends it back down to the men below. They look at it warily and Akari frowns, “Either get on it for faster transportation, or I'll just leave all six of you to be food for Clovis' men.”

 

The men scramble on, a very feminine looking on hesitated to get on, but the dirty blond and the loud lightning user pushed him on regardless of his feelings and immediately Akari lifts them up, faster than any of them would have liked it. Akari hops on and Kris does as well and the ice disappears into vapor, scaring the crap out of all of them. She laid down comfortably on her back and she sighed, “Calm down, it'll form a cloud soon enough.”

 

The ice shards gently melted and the water vaporized into a cloud and they touched it hesitantly, scared that they'll fall right through and Akari laughed and she asked, “Where to, oh saviors?”

 

Kris looked at her weirdly and he said, “Go to Busan.”

 

Akari nodded and flew towards the area, and she asked, “So who the hell are you guys and how did you guys know me and where I was located?”

 

I told you she had a fiery temper,” the lightning user laughed, he offered a hand and greeted, “I'm Chen, lightning.”

 

She shook his hand and was about to introduce yourself and he put his other hand up and said, “We already know about you. Ability of absorption, gained the ability of weapon forming..? Is that what you call it?”

 

Akari shrugged and said, “Not sure what to call it, they just call me monster so I guess I'll be fine with that.”

 

I'm Kris, flight,” the male with flight introduce himself and gave her a small nod. She nodded in response and the dirty blonde spoke up, “I'm Tao, time control. But I'm also really good at martial arts.”

 

The ice user pushed the feminine one forward and his deer-like eyes made Akari blink in surprise about how pretty he was – a man that pretty would make any girl think twice about their appearance – and he bowed and greeted, “Luhan, telekinesis.”

 

The ice user popped his head up from behind Luhan and greeted Akari with a bright smile and he said, “Xiumin! In charge of frost.”

 

Cute,” she mumbled unconsciously. Xiumin blinks at her before hiding before Luhan and she laughs softly, catching them all off guard. She nods her head towards the sleeping one and asked, “Who's the sleepyhead?”

 

Ah, that's Lay,” Luhan introduced him and said, “He has healing abilities.”

 

Akari's eyes widened and she repeated, “Like, legit healing abilities?”

 

They nodded and she mumbled, “This is a relatively good team, especially with time control and healing. Those are two you don't see every day.”

 

And you, uh, Xiumin right?” she asked, he nodded and she continued, “Your ice techniques are really well done. Extremely well done, natural elements are hard to control, especially one that involves two elements.”

 

Ah, thank you Akari-sshi,” Xiumin responded. Akari raised an eyebrow at the honorific and she waved it off and said, “There's no need for formalities, I'm not even Korean. And besides, I've only been called that name by Dongjun.”

 

We're going to be your comrades, so of course we're going to call you Akari. It's not like we're going to be all like, 'THAT ONE' or something like that,” Chen spoke up.

 

Mm, comrades huh?” she mumbled. Akari looked at them in turn and she muttered, “I can't trust you guys that easily.”

 

It's not like we expected you to,” Kris responded. She smirked and murmured, “Of course.”

 

As they neared Busan, Akari noticed that the scenery has changed a lot during the 4 years since she was imprisoned in South Korea. It was still the beautiful Korean cities she has come to known, but the transparent walls have increased. No, it's a cage, even the sky has a limit now.

 

Akari looked up and the small openings, just big enough for planes, dotted across the netted sky and she unknowingly let out a growl, garnering the attention of the boys.

 

Akari?” Luhan softly called out to her. She turned around to them and saw the concern on their faces and she cringed before shaking her head.

 

It's nothing,” she mumbled. They nodded and went back to chatting with themselves, and she sighed. Human contact. And they don't even treat me like a monster. She shook her head and she felt someone tapping on her shoulder and she turned around to be face-to-face to Kris.

 

You can land now,” he said. Akari nodded and willed the wind to lower the group and the cloud dispersed. Akari wasn't really paying attention to where she landed, but it was a clearing. No matter how far someone strained their eyes, you could barely make out the city limits. The entire place was a grass plain.

 

Luhan stared intently at the ground when suddenly the ground gave way, swallowing the group and quickly reforming itself. Akari let herself free fall, turning around to check the distance to the ground. It seemed all of them were either anticipating something, or just planned to land on their face.

 

Yeah, I don't think so.

 

Just before they hit the ground, Akari once again willed the wind to support them. And they stopped just short before the ground. Kris glides off and a thud is heard when his foot touches the floor.

 

The lights suddenly illuminate from the ceiling and Akari blinks a couple times before seeing an entire underground city. A small gasp is elicited from and the members look at Akari a bit proudly as she looked on in awe.

 

Welcome to the real Korea,” Kris said proudly.