And then Rest

Inequality

Inequality

Ch. 13 – And then Rest


 

Akari sat there on the floor when suddenly the wind in the room picked up. Akari panicked and her eyes darted around as she tried to find the source. It wasn't her.


 

The group looked at her in shock and Akari composed herself. She stood there rather calmly and attempted to calm the wind down. However her actions only seemed to agitate it even more. She saw the wind manifest into an egg shape before releasing itself, blasting all of them away from the spot.


 

Akari barely held her ground as the rest of them got blasted away. She glanced back at them momentarily, and that was all it took before the wind knocked her off her feet during that fleeting moment. Chen rushed forward, or attempted to, and cushioned Akari's fall, catching her in his arms.


 

She looked at the spot in which the wind had manifested and exploded. Lying there on the floor was V. Surprised and shock, Akari ran up and cradled the younger male in her arms. Kris made a groaning noise as he gently shook his head and he said, “Looks like negotiation worked.”


 

Taehyung. Taehyung..?” she gently called out. V’s eyelids fluttered open and Akari looked at him in surprise and his attention flickered to Kris who was being supported in order to stand. A small smile pulled at his lips and he said, “Poor kid’s probably exhausted. Those Wings.. they’re so adamant and stupidly stubborn it’s annoying.”


 

How..?” she asked. Kris shrugged and he said, “I was being stubborn. I didn’t want it. It wanted me. And Taehyung needed it in order to survive, and it needed a host to survive, and… yeah, that’s what happened.”


 

Taehyung’s arms weakly wrapped around her torso and she held him closer as his face nuzzled against her stomach.


 

Sorry Akari noona,” he hoarsely breathed out. Akari smiled and shook her head as she gently caressed his cheek. Lay walked up to him and softly placed his hand over V’s forehead, healing him just enough so that the boy could move.


 

V made a movement to talk and Akari shushed him softly.


 

Sh, don’t talk Taehyung-ah,” she cooed. Akari was about to say more when those feathery white wings appeared once more, shocking her. She looked at them cautiously and V gently took her hand into his and he said, “I’m sorry.”


 

He nodded and he sat up straight, but still leaned against her for support as one of his wings gently wrapped around Akari. The feeling was different and she gently touched the wings, sending a tingling feeling to V and he giggled.


 

Sorry, it just tickles,” the boy sheepishly responded. Everyone in the room smiled and Chen sighed, “We thought we lost you.”


 

I thought I died too,” V responded. He looked at everyone in turn and he said, “I’m sorry if I scared you guys.”


 

He coughed, and Xiumin rushed out with a cup of water for both Kris and V, in which both of them accepted it gratefully. Kris sighed contently and he said, “I am never going to attempt gaining power like you had done V, I applaud you for that.”


 

V smiled at the older male and he said, “Hyung, I was a fighter before you were.”


 

Kris laughed and ruffled V’s hair lovingly and said, “This little brat.”


 

V smiled and he glanced over to Akari and asked, “Noona, are you crying because of me?”


 

His thumb softly wipes the tears that had unknowingly began spilling and she lowered her head. She had thought she had gotten over losing people, but man, Akari was so wrong. No matter how many lives have been shed, she was still unaccustomed to losing someone, especially those dear to her.


 

Chen walked over and gently pulled Akari and V into a hug. He had done so instinctively and she felt your heart warm as she just sat there hugging V tightly as Chen and V both gently calmed her emotions. Luhan smiled at the scene and he said, “You know, how did you guys even manage to come back here?”


 

V looked up and Kris met his gaze and Kris complained, “You said you’d explain.”


 

You promised me you’d help me.”


 

The two locked stares and Akari felt the tension that was caused by the stare, melt away just as quickly as soon as it had happened as the two males began laughing again. Everyone looked at them confused and Kris said, “Where do we start?”


 

When V’s wings were ripped off from him,” Tao said. V and Kris nodded and V said, “When the wings ripped off…”


The wings had attached themselves to Kris, leaving V in a shattered and broken form as his body began turning translucent. Kris fought with the intruding substance that attempted to enter his body, and by the time he had fought the Wings off, everyone else was gone except V and Kris.


 

Kris faintly heard the group calling his and V's name, but he couldn’t leave V here alone. The Wings manifested into its physical form and Kris was surprised by the appearance. It looked like another boy.. a younger boy, even younger than V.


 

The Wing frowned at Kris and whined, “I don’t know why you won’t accept me. I don’t get it.


 

Too much trouble, I already see how Akari suffers with her Wings, I don’t want to go through the same thing,” Kris responded. He glanced over to V and the Wing followed his gaze and it said, “I don’t want to be with a child though. The child will suffer more. You have already lived long enough to be able to suffer.


 

Kris blinked and he sighed and asked, “Will you stay with the kid?”


 

The Wing blinked and he mumbled, “I suppose I can, not like I want to though. The child will suffer.


 

Taehyung will die if you leave him there.”


 

The Wing looked surprised and it gently placed its hand on V’s back, and V’s body became more solid. The Wing came to a realization and it sighed before replying, “I guess I will. And I supposed, the child does have a stronger sense of flight than you do.


 

Kris snorted and he said, “My sense of flight is definitely better.”


 

The Wing smirked and it replied, “Not quite. The child has a larger sense. He sees a different future, and he wants it so desperately. I will stay with the child, as long as you make sure to guide him.


 

Kris nodded and by the time he reopened his eyes, he was back in the living room.


 

After finishing telling their tale Akari sighed and she said, “I’m just glad both of you are okay.”


 

V smiled and he cuddled against his favoritest noona and he said, “I can’t just leave noona like this.”


 

Everyone chuckled and Chen sighed, "How about we turn in for the night?"


*****

Chen was cooking in the kitchen as Akari and V watched him intently. They sat on the stools outside the kitchen counter that faced towards the kitchen and Chen felt pressured. It was his first time cooking for a girl. V was idly braiding her hair, regardless of how short it was, and continued to braid it and then let it go and then braid it again, trying out plenty of different styles on her.


 

Akari was intrigued by Chen's cooking, it was her first time to be able see someone cook. She's been fed rations, although V claims her rations were a feast compared to his, and she has always wanted to learn how to cook.


 

Chen glanced over and saw her staring at him with bright shining eyes and he chuckled and he asked, “Are you interested?”


 

Akari nodded her head eagerly and Chen gestured for her to come inside. She immediately hopped off the stool and ran in, eager to learn. V sat at the stool, interested in seeing Akari learn and Chen asked, “Want to set up a mental link?”


 

She blinked at him and he said, “It's easier to learn that way, trust me. That's how I taught the others.”


 

Oh, okay!” she nodded and she quickly connected with him and he smiled at her presence.


 

Are you ready? He asked. She nodded and he automatically began listing out the types of pots, pans, and the types of utensils as he guided her step by step on how to make a simple omelet. Noticing how she caught on quickly, he began making increasingly more difficult meals and Akari kept pace, albeit the food didn't come out as pretty as Chen's, but it was still satisfying to know it tasted good.


 

Chen looked at the food spread out on the table before him and he smiled, “You did pretty well!”


 

Akari smiled and said, “All thanks to you!”


 

V was dangerously close to the food and Chen laughed, “Go ahead and dig in you two.”


 

Akari and V immediately set out on devouring the food as Chen ate slowly, making sure that the two younger ones were eating enough considering how much had happened within one day.


 

After eating and all three of them had helped wash up. Akari stretched as V napped on the couch. Chen gently tucked him in and she immediately transformed into a small wolf before jumping onto the couch and circling around V's feet and curling into a ball.


 

Chen looked at her surprised and he said, “You don't want to sleep on the bed?”


 

She lazily opened an eye and she asked, “You'll let me?”


 

Well, I only have one bed, but you're a girl so...”


 

It's fine, I can sleep like this,” Akari drowsily responded. Chen chuckled, and V momentarily shifted and she felt her balance tip and she jumped off, landing on the floor not very gracefully and gave V a small glare. Chen laughed and he picked her petite form up and said, “C'mon.”


 

She struggled and Chen cradled her adorably small form in his arms and he said, “Just sleep in the bed, I don't mind.”


 

I mind, damn it.”


 

Chen chuckled and he dropped her off in a different room and he said, “Sleep well. And I lied, I had two beds. Just wanted to see your reaction.”


 

She blushed at the thought and Akari whined, “Chen you meanie!”


 

Chen laughed and said, “Sleep well Akari-ah.”


 

He stopped at the door and was about to close it when Akari quickly transformed back into her human form to temporarily hug Chen. He was taken by surprise, but before he could hug her back, she had already changed back into the small wolf form and jumped back into bed and slipped under the covers.


 

With another flash of light, she transformed back and snuggled into the blanket as she heard Chen softly chuckle and close the door behind him.


 

Akari closed her eyes and she quickly hoped for tomorrow to not come. She wanted to enjoy this short period of peace as much as possible.


 

A/N: HAHA, Plot twist. A bunch of you guys are probably like, "AUTHOR WHY YOU DO THIS?" Because it was for plot development. #notevenkiddingyou xD I had a feeilng someone [or a mob of you] would be sad if I killed off V, and to be honest while writing this I was smirking the entire time because I knew someone was going to be like, "Why did you do this to us!?" No worries, V's alive, and here to stay. I'm sorry to those I replied to and replied I'm sorry. I meant that I'm sorry for trolling you guys like that and making you believe that V actually died. It's too early to kill someone off. x) Anyways, hope you all are enjoying this so far! And thank you for all your love and support. <3 <3 <3


 

Side note: I don't know why my spacing is weird, but it's driving me insane. T___T Sorry guys


 

[2014.04.16] I finally finished catching up with all the name changes. +___+ Watch out subbies, new updates will be coming out soon!