Little Voices and A Moment of Realisation

Dollhouse

*flashback*

he held you gently in his gentle but firm grip. The dollmaker was old and weak. But finihed his final and finest creation. You. He smiled at you as he propped you on the metal stand as he prepared your wig before he glued it onto your head. His old wrinkly smile etched into the walls of your mind. "I will die sooner or later my dear, but you are meant to last forever. You will guard the key power" he said as he tapped your chest where he put the gem of the Pixies. The power that can eithe destroy the world or save it. "you will be safe whereverthe royalties send you to I'm sure" he croaked as he brushed your wig. " though I should warn you that when you eventually start turning human, it may be confusing andfrustrating at first. But fear not, you're made to withstand the pressure" he said reassuringly. "it may be a decade or so before you start turning human, and I don't know if you will be fully human on time. But remeber this, protect the power, it is your life, and the demons will kill you to get that power" he warned as he placed the wig securely to your head.

He fetched a box that was lined with satin and gently placed you inside it. "remember this, and you will be fine" he smiled as he sealed you within the box.

*end of flashback*

you lay there, motionless as usual on your bed. You felt warm breath escape your slightly parted pink lips and out came a sigh. It startled you for a moment, the unfamiliar feeling of having to sigh. Was it time already?

Meanwhile at the other side of the castle...

"your highness," the royal advisor greeted the 6 pinces after tye ball has ended. "I must speak with you," he said and motioned for them to follow him to their meeting room.

The princes folowed and sat down in their individual armchairs. They waited patiently for the meeting to begin.

"I think I've found the key power" the advisor said. The princes exchanged glances. How could it just suddenly appear? "I have been doing se research and I found this in one of the abandoned pixie villages in the north" he said as he handed siwon a piece or parchment.

" read it to us hyung!" kyuhyun said.

"the power of pixies, bestowed upon a girl with eyes as purple as periwinkles, skin like snow, hair a pale blonde and voice like bell chimes" siwon read as his eyebrows furrowed. "im the wrong hands she could be the one to destroy the world and be the demon lking's key to drowing the world into eternal hell.." he paused to sigh

"oh my god.." sungmin said

" but in the right hands she would be able to defeat the demons" siwon conrinued and placed the parchment on the table. "unbelievable. There doesn't seem to be any hope left!" he said.

"yeah" donghae agreed "all the pixies were wiped out before we became the royalties" he said as he burried his face in his palms.

"advisor, what is this? We cant possibly find her! She's a pixie and they've been gona for over decades!" sungmin added.

"I've sent a search team out, just to find the last pixie. She's our only hope. It cant be that she doesnt exist, otherwise we would all be in the demon king's hell right now.

"yeah.. Teukkie's hell" eunhyuk shuddered.

"go get some rest your hignessess, the search team will be back in a week" the advisor said. "we dont have much time. If the demon clan finds her first there is no way to save the mortals or even the last hundred of our own species.." the advisor said. "it's been over a decade.. Something needs to be done" he added as he made his exit.

The princes made their way to the bedrooms, feeling uncomfortable that they might have been fighting a losing battle the whole time.

"I'm worried hyungs" kyuhyun said as they neared the coidor to their bedrooms.

"we'll figure it out. Get some sleep everyone, we have to get to work tomorow" siwon said a he and eunhyuk entered their room.

"nights everyone" sungmin and kyu said as they entered theors further down the hallway.

Donghae an kibum walked to theirs, which was at the end. You could hear their footsteps on the cobblestones and their tired murmurs. You awaited for the large door to open and as you wished it, they came in. Kibum plopped down on his bed without bothering to change.

"omo, oppas look so tired" you heard yourself squeak. "eep!" you squeaked again in surprise when you heard your tingly soft voice for the first time.

"did you say something kibum?" donghae asked as he walked towards your bed.

"omo, oppa can hear me too!?" you thought quietly to yourself.

"no... Go to bed hyung, you must be tired" kibum mumbled as he tossed his blazer off and started sleeping.

"yeah I probably am" donghae said to himself. He yawned after giving youa peck on the forehead. "goodnight Jaehwa" he yawned again and plopped down on his own bed and began slipping off into deep sleep himself.

"goodnight oppas" you quietly whispered and watched both of them snore quietly away..