Wings and Poison

Dollhouse

For the first time in 16 years, you were able to feel almost human. Why almost? You were simply 50cm tall.. but you were happy enough. It has been a week since the princes have come back from that awful fight with the demon clan. They haven't told you anything about it or mentioned it at all, but focused more on you and just you. Kibum's arm wasn't on a sling anymore but it was still in the cast, but he was recovering fast. You've asked him a few times before about his arm, but he merely smiled his prince charming smile at you and said it was nothing to be concerned about.

Another huge change came upon your way, your wings have finally grown fully, but you have yet to get used to flying with them. The princes have been helping you with your flying since you've earned you wings, but it hasn't been to successful since you only got them for two days. 

"I'm so tired oppa" you whined as you sat on Donghae's bedside table, leaning against the lamp. Siwon smiled down at you and Kibum took your hand and helped you to stand up. You pouted and sighed and rubbed your hands together, it was cold and windy that day as it was raining heavily. 

"Just one last time" Donghae encouraged. You looked at all 6 of them, looking hopeful, you didn't want to let them down so you took a deep breath and fluttered your wings, slowly you felt your feet go off the table and you were in the air.

"Good start Jae Jae don't give up!" eunhyuk cheered.

With ease, you flew forwards, and to the sides, but flying backwards was a challenge for you as you would always fall. Thankfully the princes were always ready to catch you. "Don't worry Oppa will catch you!" Kibum smiled as he watched you hover in the air as you hesitated. You closed your eyes and gave yourself a push backwards, expecting yourself to fall and land into kibum's arms but you felt wind rush past you and heard the princes cheering.

"Welll done Jaehwa-ah!" they clapped for you. You opened your eyes and realised you have flew all the way to the end of the room. you lowered yourself into kibum's outstretched arms and smiled back at him brightly and snuggled at his chest. The princes congratulated you on you finally mastering it.  Just then, there was a knock on the door. Kibum swiftly wrapped you in your blanket so as to hide your wings from whoever was outside. Sungmin had reached for the door and opened it to see a very exasperated butler at their door. He bowed respect fully at the princes.

"I'm so sorry to trouble you princes" he said, still at the 90 degree bow. 

"You may stand" Siwon said and the butler straightened himself up and looked at the princes. " What seems to be the matter?" Siwon asked.

"Advisor Jung (Yunho and Narsha's uncle) killed himself..." the butler said almost fearfully. 

"what do you mean?!" donghae asked as he pushed past siwon to come face to face with the butler who seemed to be shaking. Kibum had stood up from the chair he was sitting on, he eunhyuk and kyuhyun had ran to the door the moment the butler reported that their advisor had killed himself. 

"How is that possible?" Sungmin asked, looking at the butler.

"I don't know but I found this next to his cup of blood in his study.." The butler said as he passed them a packet of white powder. "Your highnesses I think you should go to his study to see for yourselves.." the butler said. The princes walked out of the room and kyuhyun locked the door as they all exited. You kept as still as possible in kibum's protective arms and tried not to make a sound.

As they neared the study, a few maids were huddled around the front of the room, all of them bowed respectfully to the princes, who nodded briefly in response. Sungmin opened the door and walked in, followed by the rest of the princes. Advisor Jung was motionless, head on his desk, and his body seemed to be grey and his eyes gently closed. 

"He's dead.. Siwon said as he stood near the advisor. The rest looked up at the tall prince and looked back at their advisor.

"you may leave" Eunhyuk said kindly to the maids and butlers who watched the princes worridly, all of them bowed and walked scattered. "I heard them say they dared not touch anything.." eunhyuk reported.

"yeah, they left everything untouched" Siwon said with a frown, as if searching for something on the table.

"What was hyung doing?" Donghae asked, peeking over the advisor's shoulder. He noticed a piece of parchment under the advisor's head. He pulled it gently and took a look at it, Kibum and Eunhyuk were looking at it over his shoulder.

"This is crazy." Kibum said. as he read what the advisor had written on the paper.

"He couldn't help us and now he feels so miserable and cuz of that he kills himself?!" Donghae said, getting more and more annoyed.

"Coward" Kyuhyun muttered under his breathe.

"I knew he'd be devastated over Narsha and Yunho's death" Sungmin sighed as he crossed his arms. 

"You leave us when we need you most hyung, that makes no sense." Siwon said, as he read on. 

"And sorry won't make up for it either" Kibum added. "i doubt we'll ever understand your intentions hyung," he continued. 

"but still, he deserves to be let go of the right way." Donghae sighed.

"I'll go call the butlers and maids to prepare the stuff" Sungmin said as he proceeded out the door.