Flashbacks and Yearnings

Dollhouse

You sat still by the window of Kibum and Donghae's room, on the comfortable pink satin chair which the vampire princes have bought and customised especially for you. You watched the rain drops fall at the corner of your eye and occasionally turn to look at the giant door, hoping that either one of them would come in and put you to bed as usual, in that wooden heart of yours you hoped it would be Kibum, but you've belonged mostly Donghae all your life. You were given to him, although your purpose was meant to benefit all 6 of them. You were created for one sole reason, to protect the power that was bestowed within you when you were created. However no one but your creator knew that the secret power was hidden in you. If anyone did, the demons would come for you and destroy you.. being in the hands of the kind hearted vampire princes was the one and only way to keep it safe...

It's been 16 years since they've finally been crowned as princes. And all those 16 years you've lived in Donghae and Kibum's room, at your own corner of the spacious room which they have decorated for you and dedicated to you. You had your own bed and everything, Your smooth ivory skin and warm ash brown curly locks would be gently cleaned and combed by the princes who loved you dearly, although they knew you were just a simple doll, but you meant the world to them. They spoilt you with furniture and dresses and gowns and accessories for any occasion, you were like their princess.. You loved them all dearly in return, but you had a special soft spot for Kibum. He was the most quiet among the 6 of them, and although you were Donghae's crowning gift and although donghae doted on you the most, you felt especially attatched to Kibum.

You thought to yourself about how you've seen them mature, the princes were all over a century old but they look like they were trapped (much to their favour) in a teenager's body. Each of them had their own special talent. Donghae controlled water, Kibum controlled nature (like plants and flowers and all that stuff), Sungmin controlled fire, KyuHyun could inflict pain on anyone he wished, Siwon could read minds while Eunhyuk had the most impeccable hearing capabilities. You let their faces play in your mind, submerging yourself in the nostalgia. You remembered how angelic each of their faces were the first time you 'met' them...

*16 years ago*____________________________________________________________________________________

You awaited for your unknown owner to open the gift box. You could hear voices coming from outside the box you were carefully put in. They sounded like boys.

"hyung! what could it be?!' one voice said.

"I don't know kyu, but it is heavy!' your supposed owner said

"well hurry up and open it Donghae!!" another voice said excitedly.

"careful hyung the previous royalties said it's extremely delicate and fragile!" a 4th voice said.

"did they mention or hint on what the gift was?' the first voice said.

"nope! but whatever it is, it's pretty heavy! and huge! Its about half a metre long!" a 5th voice came in

"I heard the maker of the gift was murdered by the demon clan only a day after he had finished up the gift and handed it over to the previous royalties!" a 6th voice sounded.

"All the more I'm dying to see what donghae's gift is!!" the 5th voice said.

"I wonder if my crowning gift would be as cool as all of yours!" Donghae replied.

The box cover slowly came off, and you saw light once again after a long time. And for the first time, you were face to face with the princes, the only other faces you've seen since your maker's. He spent ages making you as perfect as he could. Giving you a perfect heart shaped face with radiant yet soft pink almond shaped eyes.

"A doll?" said the first voice, which you had matched to 'Kyu'.

"I think she's really pretty!" the 4th voice said.

"Kibum, I think we needa make some room for her in our bedroom" the voice which you had matched to Donghae said.

"totally." Kibum replied.

"I don't really get why they gave a doll to you hae, but since they said it was important, and they clearly think these gifts would be of help to us, I'm not gonna get my head chopped off for saying the wrong thing" the 3rd voice said.

"Eunhyukkie, shut it! they gave it to him for a reason. We should respect it." the 6th voice said. Eunhyuk gave a gummy smile and waved childishly at you, which made you feel accepted right away.

"shall we give her a name?" Kibum said, smiling gently at you.

"well since she was given specifically to Donghae, her surname should be 'Lee' as well!" said the 6th voice.

Donghae carefully lifted you out of the box lined with soft satin sheets that kept you safe and intact. he smiled warmly at you and carried you close to his chest like a baby.

"Siwon hyung, what do you think?" Eunhyuk replied to the prince whom the 6th voice belonged to.

"sungmin's better with names" Siwon pointed at the prince with the 5th voice.

As they decided what to name you, you slowly registered their names and faces carefully. The feeling of being held so gently was overwhelming and comforting to you, since you were tucked away in the box for who knows when. You knew the previous royalties knew that you existed but never got to see you for themselves as you maker had gone missing, knowing that he was murdered only shortly after he created you left you feeling a little empty, since no one but your wooden self knew what power you held within your fragile and perfected body. In the right hands you could be the key to defeating the demon king and his clan once and for all, but in the wrong hands, you could be the one to destroy everything and drown the entire world into the clutches of the demons for eternity. You felt burdened by the fact that you were the line between freedom and eternal hell, but now that you were in good hands, you felt safe.

"Let's name her Jaehwa" Kibum suggested.

"I like it!" Donghae said immediately. "Lee Jaehwa...Perfect for a princess!" he beamed, smiling down at you.

" hyung let me hold her!" Kyu pleaded as he extended both hands out towards you.

"be gentle, she's actually heavier than you think" Donghae said as he gently placed you into Kyu's arms.

Kyu held you extra carefully and rocked you back and forth "Princess Jaehwa! My name is KyuHyun!" he smiled childishly. "you might want to know the hyungs too so I shall pass you to them and let them hold you! This is Siwon Hyung" he beamed as he passed you over to Siwon, who held gently but with a little discomfort.

"I'm Siwon... Nice to meet you Jaehwa" he said and placed you onto Sungmin's lap as he sad down on Donghae's bed. "I hope you like it here in our castle, and I hope you don't get bored of us!" he added as he gave you a small smile.

"Hello beautiful princess! Welcome to the world of the 6 newly crowned vampire princes! I'm Sungmin!" Sungmin introduced himself as he gently pressed his cheek to your hair. "What a beautiful pink gown you have! and your shoes look so perfect with it! I can't wait to buy you more outfits and accessories!" his smile glowed as he passed you over to Eunhyuk who seemed almost too excited to hold you.

"Ya! Be careful with her!" Donghae yelled as Eunhyuk supposedly grabbed you from Sungmin's arms.

"I'm Eunhyuk!" He smiled his gummy smile again as he kept speaking quickly "I'm sure you'll love living here with us! Although you'll be sharing this room with Donghae and Kibum! We'll treat you very well!" he grinned as he gently plopped you into kibum's supporting arms.

"If she were real I think you would be scaring her" Kibum laughed as he cradled you. "Hello our precious little Princess Jaehwa, I'm Kibum, and I'll be your room mate from now on. I'll take good care of you and talk to you whenever I can so you won't be lonely. I hope you stay as pretty as you are forever" he said and planted a gentle kiss on your forehead, earning jeers from the other 5 princes who were now sitting in a tight circle on Donghae's king sized bed which faced another King sized bed on the opposite side of the room which you concluded to be Kibum's,

Once again you were placed into Donghae's arms. He cradled you protectively as he did a while ago and kissed your hair "I'm donghae and I'll be the one to protect you princess!" he smiled triumphantly.

"YA! what are you talking about?!" Eunhyuk snapped "we're ALL going to protect her! She may be YOUR crowning gift but she's OUR princess!" he laughed as the other joined in. Donghae merely smiled down at you and continued with his introduction "What he said then, I hope we make you feel comfortable and that you'll love living with us, especially with me and kibum since you will be staying in our room from now on" he beamed.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

You smiled at the memories the boys gave you. Their attitude towards you never changed one bit, all as loving and as caring and as doting.. Although as the years went by they had no choice but to spend lesser and lesser time with you due to their school and the occasional fights with the demons who try to destroy them. But you knew the princes would return home safely to you. The rain was becoming heavier and heavier and the thunder was getting louder and the lightning kept flashing, frightening you. As if on cue, the door opened and Kibum came into the room. He smiled right at you the moment he entered the room and walked across the room towards you.

"how has your afternoon been princess?" he asked gently. "Are you cold?" he added as he reached for a grey knit sweater that matched well with your cream coloured dress and pale grey oxfords. "Let oppa bring you for a walk while the hyungs and kyu are out shopping." he said. "Are you wondering why oppa is dressed in a tux tonight? " he smiled down at you. and you that was when you realised he looked smarter than usual, in a black sleek suit with a creamy blue tie with a grey dress shirt inside his blazer. "We have an event tonight, Jaemin, so we will be home late tonight, but don't worry, we will make sure you're safe" he smiled down at you. You felt this sinking sensation in you when you learnt that they weren't able to see you much today again, but you understood that they had to go for these things. it made you wonder if they knew how you felt, and hoped you would turn human soon. The lightning flashed and the thunder boomed loudly which then echoed in the corridors of the castle. Kibum held you tighter reassuringly "Oppa always wondered if you were ever afraid of the lightning and thunder, like how girls are. Sometimes we wonder what would it be like to have you as a human instead of a doll. We haven't had any female company apart from our elders." He confided.

You missed having him talk to you like this. It has been a long while since he had brought you on a walk since he was too busy with the other princes. They have only taken turns to put you to bed, most of the time being donghae and kibum, but all of them always gave you a goodnight kiss on the forehead (that was the least they could do). Donghae would take you out of bed and sit you next to him when he was unable to sleep at night sometimes as well. Kyu and Sungmin would occasionally bring you new clothes when they had the chance to. You heard voices coming from the living room which wasn't too far from where you both were. Kibum seemed to have heard the voices as well so he wheeled around effortlessly and made his way to the living room. As he neared the living room, you could faintly make out the other 5 princes voices, talking on and on about how they needed to find the key power and how they need to find this girl who has it with her. Right after that you stopped listening in as your yearning to be a human girl grew.. Your thoughts were interrupted when you felt yourself being transferred into someone else's arms, which happened to be Donghae. He greeted you with the usual soft kiss on your hair as well as form the other princes.

"did the lightning frighten you Jaejae?" Eunhyuk asked, holding your petite hand with his fingers. "Luckily Kibum came up to bring you for a walk" he grinned.

"Let's go get ready for the ball guys, we only have 3 hours left." Siwon reminded the rest, glancing at the grandfather clock.

"oh yeah, let me put Jaehwa to bed first" Donghae said.

"Wait! I want to give Jaehwa her new set of pyjamas which I collected from the tailors just now!" sungmin said as he dug around in his bag. IN a minute he pulled out a set of pale pink lacey satin PJs. "Oppa knows that you like pastel colours so he decided to get a new set done for you, I only realsied you only had a pink night gown but not a pink PJ top and pants the other time I looked into your closet." he beamed. He followed Donghae up to his room and quickly changed you into your PJs (don't worry, your underwear was a white tank top and boy shorts so it's not very revealing) and left to get changed after. Donghae then carried you over to your bed which was custom made for you. You had soft sheets and soft pillows and even a small teddy bear at the corner (totally fit for a princess) Donghae then gently tucked you in and gave you a kiss. "goodnight princess, we'll see you tomorrow" he smiled and left to get ready himself.

_