Chapter 2

I Promise You

Chapter 2

When work was finished, Sunny and I were sitting down on one of the empty tables inside the restaurant, waiting for her auntie to pick her up. It was around 8pm and it was already dark. I’d always tell Sunny that I don’t mind dropping her off but she always insisted that it’s alright as her auntie will pick her up. We talked about things that interested us until Sunny mentioned a very familiar name.

“Omo Unnie! I saw this boy group and they are super cute! They’re name is DBSK and the group consists of Yunho, Changmin, Junsu, Yoochun and this other guy called,” Sunny scratched her head trying to think of the other guy’s name. I stared at her, slowly nodding pretending to listen when really, I was just daydreaming. “Ooh! Jaejoong!”

My eyes widened. Jaejoong? Could it be? Han Jaejoong?
“J-Jaejoong?” I asked Sunny. She stared at me and smiled.
“Ooh so you’ve heard of him huh?” She giggled. “I didn’t know Unnie is a fangirl too!”

“Aniyo,” I shook my head. “But, what’s this Jaejoong’s guy surname?”

“I think its Kim,” Sunny replied. “Yup. Kim Jaejoong.”
A frown appeared on my face. What was I thinking? Of course it can’t be the Han Jaejoong I know. Plus, why would someone like him be a singer anyways? I remember when we were young and he couldn’t sing to save his life.

A grin appeared on my face as a flashback of Jaejoong singing came to my mind. I quickly shrugged the thoughts off. I promised myself that I’d stop thinking about him.

We heard a loud honk coming from outside the restaurant and we knew that it was Taeyeon, Sunny’s auntie. Sunny and I quickly walked outside the restaurant. When we were waving to Taeyeon, we noticed that Tiffany, Taeyeon’s daughter was crying at the back of the car.

“Annyonghasaeyo Taeyeon-ssi,” I bowed down and she gave me a smile.

“No need for formal talk Boa! Just call me Taeyeon,” She replied. “Thanks a lot for always taking care of our Sunny. She can be a little troublesome,”

“Imo!” Sunny exclaimed, “Stop treating me like a kid!” [a/n: Imo = Auntie]

“Aigoo~” Taeyeon said and pinched Sunny’s cheeks. “Ok ok! I meant young lady! Oh! I remember when you were little and you were so cute! Oh how time goes so fast!”

The three of us giggled.

“Anyways,” Taeyeon said. “I better go. Tiffany is in the back of the car crying her eyes out. I don’t know why. She won’t tell me either! Aigoo~ that girl!”

“Ok,” I grinned. “Goodbye Taeyeon! Goodbye Sunny!”

“Bye Boa unnie!” Sunny waved back and gave Boa a cute smile before she went inside the car. I stared at the car as it drove away.

I walked back inside the restaurant with a frown on my face. I was alone once again. I didn’t really mind being alone but sometimes, I felt that being alone makes me sad. I sat on a table and laid my head on the cold table. I didn’t want to go home. I wanted to stay here in this restaurant. I felt more at home and more relax whenever I’m in the restaurant. Maybe because this restaurant reminds me of my parents.

Suddenly, an old woman, probably in here 60s walked inside the restaurant. Her hair was white and she slowly limped. She looked awfully weak. I walked towards her and helped her sit down on one of the tables. There was a part of me that wanted to tell her that the restaurant was closed however, I didn’t mind having some company with me. It was a lot better than being alone once again.

“Thank you,” She gave me a faint smile.

“And how may I help you?” I asked her, forcing a small smile. The woman seemed nice and I didn’t want to scare her off with my frowning face.

“I just want a glass of water dear,” She replied. “I hope I didn’t bother you. This woman is getting old and after a 20 minute walk, I’m already this thirsty!”

“It’s not a bother at all!” I grinned and I dashed off behind the counter to get her a glass of water. The woman drank the water slowly and I examined her every move. Her hands nervously shook when she picked the glass up.
As I continued to stare at her, I realised that something about this woman reminds me of someone. Someone I knew from before.

“Umm,” I started and the woman quickly stopped drinking and faced me. “Are you… Han Junghee?”

Her eyes widened, shocked but quickly covered it with a smile.

“H-how did you know my name?” She asked, curiously. She stopped to think for a minute until she looked at me and gasped. “Kwon Boa? Little Boa?”

“Omo! Mrs Han!” I exclaimed happily and hugged her. I can’t believe that I’ve finally met her once again after all these years. I miss her so much. Mrs Han was like my 2nd mother.

“How are you? How’s Mr Han? How’s Jaejoong?” Tons of questions ran through my mind. I wanted to know where Jaejoong was. I wanted to know if he was alright. I wanted to know where they lived now. I wanted to know if he still remembered our promise.

“M-Mr Han is alright,” Mrs Han said, interrupting my thoughts. The old woman smiled but that smile quickly turned into a frown. She looked at the floor and sighed. “However, Jaejoong.. He…”

“Did something happen to him? Please tell me Mrs Han!” I interrupted loudly, making the woman jump.

“Boa,” She held my hands trying to calm me down. “Jaejoong… When we left for Japan… He couldn’t stop thinking about you and he wanted to go back to Korea right away,”

I nodded slowly, taking in everything Mrs Han was telling me. I wanted to ask if Jaejoong did go back to Korea. But of course, a 7 year old coming back to Korea on his own is impossible. I slowly opened my mouth to say something but then I immediately shut it as I waited for Mrs Han to continue.

“One day, he told us he was going for a walk,” Mrs Han started. “He wanted to explore the neighborhood more. He wanted to meet new friends before he started school.”
Mrs Han took a short intake of breath before she continued. “He never came back.”

My eyes widened. Jaejoong never came back? “W-what do you mea-”

“The police searched for him for 2 and a half years. Mr Han and I travelled all over the world looking for Jaejoong. But we couldn’t find him at all. Until the police came into a conclusion that he was dead.”

I couldn’t believe it. Jaejoong was dead. The person I’ve been waiting for almost my whole life is dead.

I wasn’t going to cry again.

I’ve cried too much already.

-------

(3rd person’s POV)

After a short chat with Boa, it was time for Mrs Han to go.
“I hope I’ll see you once again Boa,” Mrs Han smiled and slowly stood up from the chair. Boa quickly helped her.
“Thanks a lot Mrs Han,” Boa smiled. “Bye!”

Mrs Han waved back and walked out of the restaurant. She walked behind an alley and quickly took of her wig. There stood a young girl with brown hair like Boa’s but much longer than Boa’s. She took her phone out and swiftly dialled a number.

“Sir, I’ve found Boa. Don’t let Jaejoong step foot in Korea.”

“Ok,” A deep, manly voice came from the other end. “Good job Yeonhee.”

----------

Chapter 2 is done~
Did you guys expected that poor old Mrs Han will be a young spy called Yeonhee? Yes? No? xD
Chapter 3 will probably be about Jae's point of view.
Thanks a lot for reading ^__^
Comments are love♥