Chapter 7

I Promise You

I woke up with the smell of something oddly delicious coming from downstairs. I looked at my pink hello kitty alarm clock which rested on top of a small table and saw that it was only 6:40 am; too early to go to work. However, I still got ready and walked downstairs.

When I arrived downstairs, I saw a topless man, wearing nothing but a pair of white shorts. My eyes widened when I realised that it was Jaejoong, the man I have to live with for a couple of days! I turned away and thankfully, Jaejoong must’ve noticed my presence as I heard his voice behind me.

“Oh Boa! You’re awake! Look! I’ve cooked food!” I heard his voice behind me and all I could do was bit my lips.

“Jaejoong-shi,” I said softly like a whisper. “Can you please put on a shirt?”

“Oh!” Jaejoong said with a small laugh. “I’m so sorry Ms Kwon! It’s just that I’m used to being like this in the member’s dorm. I’ll put on a shirt right away!”

I counted for 10 seconds before I could turn around hoping I wouldn’t see him topless however, I counted too fast. When I turned around I saw his body as he was walking up the stairs for a whole second and I nearly fainted.

I slapped myself as I walked towards the table.

Oh Boa. He’s a guy! You’re his landlady! Stop thinking about naughty things about him!

------------------

“THIS IS DELICIOUS!” I said enthusiastically as I grabbed more food from the table. “How did you learn how to make these?”

I heard Jaejoong laugh as I stuffed my mouth with all kinds of food that he cooked himself. I probably looked like a pabo but I don’t care. There was kimchi, rice, vegetables, fried egg, ham, toast and more! It was almost like a feast and I’ve never had this much breakfast in my life!

“I learnt it all from my haraboji,” He replied with a smile plastered on his face. “He took care of me since I was little. He taught me how to cook, how to sing, how to dance, how to do almost everything!”

I nodded as I stuffed more food in my mouth. I swallowed the food and then faced him. “How about your parents? How come your haraboji took care of you?”

There was a brief silence and I knew that I asked a personal question.

“Oh, Jaejoong-shi, you don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to,” I said reassuring him however he shook his head.

“No, Boa,” He answered. “My parents.. I don’t really know much about them. My Haraboji took care of me since I was 7 and I was born with Cancer.”

I stopped eating and eagerly listened to him.

“My Haraboji never really talked much about my parents. He just said that they died, just like your parents.”

I opened my mouth to form an ‘O’ and slowly nodded.

“But you haven’t got cancer anymore right?” I asked him curiously and he replied by shaking his head and smiling.

“Nope,” He grinned. “Since Haraboji took care of me, we travelled all over the world looking for a doctor to cure my illness. Of course, we found one in America. However, there was a minor side effect and the side effect is that I lost all the memories of my childhood.”

“So you can’t remember anything about your childhood? Nothing? How about your family?” I questioned and he looked up and started to think.

“Nope,” He replied when he looked at me. “All I know is that I have a mum and dad who died but Haraboji never really told me how and why they did. And ooh! I also have a younger brother. His name, apparently, is Hyunjoong.”

I nodded once again. Jaejoong must’ve felt sad because he couldn’t remember any of his friends and family.

I then glanced at my watch to find out that it was already 8:30 am. I stood up and grabbed my bag.

“I need to go to work!” I said as I quickly drank the glass of orange juice on the table.

“Can I come to work with you?” Jaejoong asked as he stood up as well. I grabbed my jacket and swiftly put it on. I was thinking about making Jaejoong come to work with me however, I thought of Sunny. If Sunny saw that I was living with one of her favourite group’s members, she’ll probably go fan girl crazy.

“No, you can stay here,” I replied as I turned the knob of the front door.

“I’ll be back by 7!”

-------------------

(3rd person’s POV)

Yeonhee sat up inside her car as she saw a woman getting out of a house. She took her binoculars and saw that it was Boa. She examined the house carefully and saw that it seemed that there was no one in the house except for Boa.
When Boa stepped inside her car, Yeonhee got out of hers and slowly walked towards the petite house. When she was sure that Boa has gone, she ran towards the window and glanced to see if anyone was there.

“Dammit!” Yeonhee cursed. A curtain was covering the window therefore she couldn’t see if anyone was inside. Yeonhee then walked towards the front door and pressed the door bell. She swiftly hid herself behind the wall and waited for someone to open the door. However, no one answered.

“Maybe there really isn’t anyone here,” Yeonhee thought. She then shook her head.

“I should go and check her restaurant.”

------------------------

After Jaejoong finished cleaning up the table and the kitchen, he sat down in front of the TV and grabbed the remote. He flicked through random channels, half frustrated that he was going to be alone and bored in the house for 10 hours. He sighed. ‘At least I found a place to live in,’ He thought.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. He stood up and walked towards the door however, he didn’t know whether or not to answer it. So, he walked towards the window and slowly moved the curtains away and peeked through to see if anyone was there but there nothing but air.

‘Hmm maybe it was just children playing around,’ He thought as he moved towards the sofa once again.

It’s been an hour since Boa left and Jaejoong groaned in frustration. He was bored and there was nothing to do in the house. He hated being alone and he just wants company. Someone to talk to. He was about to grab his phone and dial one of the member’s numbers when he thought that it was a bad idea. If he did call them, they’d definitely find out that Jaejoong was in Korea.

Jaejoong sighed heavily. He then thought of a better idea and he grinned mischievously.

He’s going to the restaurant.

------------------

“UNNIE!” Sunny ran towards Boa and gave her one of her powerful ‘sunny’ hugs. “I need to tell you something!”

“What?” I asked her as I broke the hug.

“Can I have the day off tomorrow?” Sunny asked smiling cutely.

“It’s DBSK’s Concert tomorrow and I really really want to go unnie! But if unnie refuses, then that’s fine.” Sunny added but giving out a disappointed tone at the end.

When I heard Sunny mentioning DBSK, I immediately thought of Jaejoong. Does that mean Jaejoong is going to that concert tomorrow?

“Sure Sunny,” I smiled. “Have fun!”

Sunny jumped and clapped. Oh, how cute is this girl.

My phone suddenly rang and I answered it.

“Hello?”

“Is this Kwon Boa?” The voice from the other line asked.

“Yes? Can I help you?”

“We know you have Kim Jaejoong and you are being charged for kidnapping.”