Chapter 10

I Promise You

Yeonhee sat down in a nearby bench in a small Park. The sun was brightly shining and the children around her were playing happily, smiles covering their faces however Yeonhee felt different. She wasn’t happy at all. She felt lost and confused. She just couldn’t get what the boss said off her mind.

(Flashback)

“Hyunjoong is alive.”

Yeonhee’s eyes widened as she opened in shock. How could this happen? Didn’t the boss say that Jaejoong’s family all died?
“Wh-what do you mean? You’ve killed them haven’t you?” Yeonhee asked. She couldn’t believe that Jaejoong’s younger brother was alive.

“That’s what I thought as well,” The old man answered. He then breathed deeply before he carried on explaining. “When I found out that my daughter and her filthy husband was locking my dearest grandson in their attic, I was completely appalled. I couldn’t believe my sweet daughter could do something like this. If I knew my grandson had cancer, I would’ve taken care of him. Not lock him inside an abandoned attic.”

Yeonhee nodded as she eagerly listened at her boss explaining what happened.

“So I went to their house to find out that they were just about to leave for Japan. Those three were planning to leave Jaejoong behind. All alone until he died in the attic with his cancer. I was so furious that I wanted to kill those three. I know it sounded absurd but I love both of my grandsons dearly. Of course, I was only planning to kill Leeteuk so my daughter can find a husband better than that filthy bastard. When I found them, I grabbed the knife on my pocket and stabbed him. I could see the tears forming on my daughter’s eyes however, I ignored her. I didn’t regret killing that bastard. When Leeteuk died, my daughter ran towards Leeteuk’s body, crying her eyes out. I felt guilty but I knew I had to do it.”

Yeonhee looked at the boss and his face showed guiltiness. As if he didn’t really want to kill that poor man. But Yeonhee knew the Boss’ attitude. When the Boss was angry, he would definitely kill someone. Whether it was family or not.

“And that was when my daughter screamed at me. She kept on screaming. ‘You killed Leeteuk! Is this what you wanted?’ I can remember her piercing voice yelling at me. I’ve never seen my daughter act like this before. ‘Kill me! I have no reason to live anymore! I hate you! Go on! Kill me!’ I couldn’t say anything. I just stared at her in disbelief. And that was when she took the knife I was holding and stabbed herself. Everything happened so fast. I couldn’t believe that my daughter was so madly in love with this Leeteuk that she was willing to die for him.”

Yeonhee examined the man’s hands as it shook uncontrollably. She held his hands tightly hoping it would stop.

“The men who came with me arrived in the house afterwards and took both of their body. I told them to burn their body somewhere far away. I then ran up to the attic and woke Jaejoong up. I told him that his parents died however I didn’t tell him how they died. I knew if I told him the truth, he’d hate me forever. Just like my dear daughter. I told him how from now on I’m going to take care of him and he’s going to live a brand new life.”

“But how about Hyunjoong?” Yeonhee asked. “What happened to him?”

The old man only shook his head. “I don’t know. I guess when my daughter, her husband and I were having a commotion, he snuck away. I thought I killed him but now that I think about it, I didn’t. He escaped.”

Yeonhee knew that Hyunjoong is obviously planning revenge now. And he might be planning revenge on Jaejoong.

“Yeonhee,” The man called out interrupting her thoughts. Yeonhee stared at the man and listened to what he was about to say.

“Your duty is to protect my grandson no matter what.”

(End of flashback)

A ball landed on Yeonhee’s lap and she faced upwards seeing a small girl walking towards her.
“Unnie! Can we have our ball back?” The girl, probably about the age of 6, said as she took both of her arms out. Yeonhee gently threw the ball back and the girl gave her a small bow and a smile. “Thanks a lot unnie! Also, Please smile more often! Unnie looks very sad!”

Yeonhee only gave the child a small smile as the girl ran away and continued playing with her friends. She then looked up at the sky. She wished she was like those children. Happily playing around with their friends.

When Yeonhee was little, her parents didn’t want her and abandoned her on the streets. Luckily, Jaejoong’s grandfather, her boss, found her and took care of her. He was a father figure for her. He thought her everything she knew from spying and even from killing people. But of course, he also thought her to be lady like such as how to cook and be a polite young lady. She was happy she met someone like him.

To thank him, her life’s duty had become to protect the Kim Family no matter what. Even if it costs her her own life.

She took her bag and quickly stood up.

She knew she needed to go and look for Jaejoong now and protect him.

--------------------

Boa woke up in a dark room. She examined the room and saw that it was a large warehouse. She looked down and noticed that she was sitting on a wooden chair as her legs and arms were tied up.

“LET ME GO!” Boa yelled at the top of her legs and then out of a sudden, she heard laughter coming from afar. It was dark therefore she didn’t know where the laugh was coming from. The laugh seemed oddly strange. It wasn’t a laugh you’d normally hear. It was a laugh full of anger as if the person was being forced to laugh.

The lights quickly opened making Boa’s eyes immediately shut from the sudden brightness. She slowly opened her eyes to find a man standing right in front of her with a smirk on his face. He had brown hair and deep dark brown eyes. He was wearing a formal black suit as well. His eyes were cold and just by staring at him; you’d feel awfully frightened and scared. Boa stared at him and she could feel goose bumps running through her skin. The room suddenly felt cold.

“Wh-who are you?” Boa asked as she glared at the man right in front of her. The man walked towards her and cupped Boa’s chin so she could look him in the eye. Even though she wanted to get this filthy man’s off her face, she couldn’t as her hands were tightly tied up. She moved her head frantically trying to get his hands away from her however, it was no use. His held became tighter until he was practically pinching her chin.

“It’s me,” The man smiled and stared deeply into Boa’s eyes. Boa tried averting his gaze and looked forcefully on her right. “Han Jaejoong.”

Hearing the name made Boa’s eyes widen as she stared back at him. She shook her head.

“Liar. You’re not Han Jaejoong.” She spitted out angrily.

The man then laughed once again. But this time, it was much more forceful. He took his hands off Boa and started walking away from Boa. Boa stared at him, examining his every move. He then stopped walking and turned around to stare back at Boa.

“No. I’m not. I’m actually Han Hyunjoong,” He smirked. “But I do admit that I was Han Jaejoong back then. Remember Miss Kwon? 14 years ago?”

Boa continued giving him a dirty look.

“Shut up. Han Jaejoong was much nicer. He wouldn’t do something like this.”

Hyunjoong clapped his hands amazed at how this girl has fallen for his tricks.

“I guess I’m a pretty good actor after all,” He clapped joyfully. Boa didn’t want to believe this guy however, what if he really was Han Jaejoong? The man she’d been waiting for for 14 years? She shook the thought off. He couldn’t be.

“Let me go!” Boa yelled once again however Hyunjoong walked towards her making Boa feeling scared once again.

“I’m not letting you go until the real Jaejoong arrives. So be a good girl and shut up.”

---------------

Jaejoong arrived in Incheon International Airport with a frown on his face. He admits that he misses s a lot however, he didn’t want to go back to Japan. He loves Korea a lot and going back to Japan would mean going back to work and more work.

Jaejoong sighed. He would miss Seoul for sure. Especially Boa.

The moment her name came to his mind, he smiled. He grew fond of this girl. She helped him a lot and he couldn’t be more grateful that he met someone like her during his time in Seoul. Without her, he would probably be sleeping in the streets for the couple of days.

And then he remembered when they were in the amusement park. How happy they both looked, riding different rides. And how their hands perfectly fit each others. He adored Boa’s hands. He loved people with perfect hands and feet. Boa’s hands were perfect; soft and delicate and he just wanted to hold them forever.

And then how he wrapped his arms around Boa.

Jaejoong could feel his face turning dark red at the thought. Normally, Jaejoong wouldn’t be like this. When he hugged another girl, he wouldn’t feel anything. But when he hugged Boa, his heart started beating rapidly and he has never experienced anything like this before. He became even happier and practically felt like the luckiest man alive when he felt Boa’s arms hugging him back. He just wanted time to stop at that moment. He just wanted to hug Boa forever.

Jaejoong then realised that he had been standing in the middle of the airport grinning like a little kid as people walking past him stare at him. He hid his face with the passport he was holding but then suddenly, his phone started vibrating. He grabbed his phone from his jean’s pockets and saw that it was a text message.

The moment Jaejoong read the text; his smile quickly vanished as he dropped the phone and ran out of the airport.

The text said:

“Jaejoong, We have BoA. If you don’t come in less than an hour at the warehouse near Coex Mall, we will kill BoA.”