Chapter 5

I Promise You

Chapter 5

My eyes widened as I quickly took my hands away from Jaejoong. I then saw his hands slowly forming into a fist.

I was speechless. What did he mean by ‘stay here with me’?

“I meant, can I stay here in the restaurant?” He asked me and I slightly tilted my head. I was still confused. “I know it’s a bit rude to ask if I can stay in your house so the restaurant will be alright. I have nowhere to go and I desperately need a place to stay.”

I awkwardly scratched my head. I couldn’t let him stay in the restaurant. I barely know the guy! “B-but Jaejoong-shi. I’ve only met you a few hours ago and I don’t think staying in my restaurant is a good idea. Aren’t you a celebrity? Don’t you have money? Can’t you stay somewhere else?”

A pang of guilt suddenly rushed over me. Was I being too mean? I bit my lips as I stared at him, waiting for a reply.

“You see,” He began. “I wasn’t supposed to be here in Korea. I was supposed to stay in Japan. However, because I miss my family dearly, I kind of ran away.”

He took hold of both of my hands once again, gently caressing the back of it with his thumb. “Please, Can I stay here? I can help with the restaurant! I can help cook, clean the dishes and serve food! Anything!”

I gave out a soft sigh. “Mianhaeyo Jaejoong-shi. I have to say no.”

I saw his face and guilt once again rushed over me. He looked at the floor and his face showed disappointment and sadness. However, he tried hiding it by facing me with a smile.

“I see. Well, I respect your decisions Miss.”

He quickly stood up and grabbed his belongings. I felt so remorseful. Maybe, just maybe, him staying with me wasn’t a bad idea.

“Thanks a lot for everything,” He bowed down and turned around. But before he could walk away, I quickly grabbed his wrist.

“Wait!” I said loudly, nearly shouting. I felt him jump from my actions. He then turned around to face me. “Maybe you can stay here after all.”

His eyes brighten up as he heard my words. He gave me a huge grin and quickly hugged me. I was surprised at first but I slowly hugged him back. His body felt very warm and hugging him made me feel protected. It made me think of someone I knew from before.

“Thank you so much Miss…”

“Boa. Kwon Boa,” I finished for him and I gave him a sweet smile.

--------------------------

I opened the door to my house and made a small ‘Tada’. I know that he was supposed to stay in my restaurant however, I couldn’t completely trust him alone in there. Plus, I don’t think he’d be very comfortable sleeping while sitting down. I looked at him and studied his expressions. He looked as if he was amazed.

“This is really nice,” He said as he walked in and looked around the house. “It’s small however I could feel that homey feeling.”

“Thanks,” I replied. I sat down on a nearby sofa as I watched Jaejoong walking frantically all over the house. “I moved here after my parents died. The ajumma who owned the house was really nice and she told me I can stay here for as long as I want.”

He simply nodded and continued walking around the house. He looked as if he was like a little child; arriving to a new and unfamiliar place for the first time. It made me smile a little. Although Jaejoong looked so mature, he seems to have a mind of a child. And I find it really cute.

I looked at my watch to find out it was already 12 midnight. I stood up and Jaejoong simply stared at me. “It’s already 12 and I still have work tomorrow. Let’s go take your bags to your room so I can go to bed.”

I saw him nodding and I walked towards his bags. I carried one of the luggages only to find out that it was too heavy for my strength. I felt so week.

“Here,” I heard a soft voice right behind me and felt someone’s arms around me, also holding the luggage. “I’ll take it. You don’t have to carry anything.”

I blushed at our closeness and quickly stayed away from the bags. He grabbed the luggage as if it didn’t weigh anything at all and I simply stared at him, astonished at how strong he was. ‘Maybe he works out,’ I thought. I felt my face turning red again at the thought of Jaejoong having abs and muscles. I quickly slapped myself back to reality and I felt so embarrass. Why am I thinking naughty thoughts of him!

“Boa!” A voice woke me up and I found out that the voice was coming from upstairs. When did he arrived upstairs? “Is this one my room? The one with the blue wallpaper?”

“Neh!” I replied back. “I’ll be there now!”

I walked upstairs to find Jaejoong holding all his bags and once again looking around the other rooms and opening all the doors like a little kid.

“Yah! Don’t go to my room! Your room is this one!”

-------------------------

After I sorted Jaejoong in his room, I walked towards my bedroom. The moment I saw my sweet and lovely bed, I jumped on it, messing up the pillow and the covers. I couldn’t really careless. I was so tired and I just wanted to sleep.

I looked up at the ceiling. And it hit me.

A guy was staying in my house.

Why didn’t I think of this before? He’s a guy for god’s sake! What if he does something to me like me?

I quickly shook the thought off. Jaejoong seemed really nice and I don’t think he was that type of guy. A flashback came to my mind and it was him looking around the house frantically like a little kid.

A smile curved on my face. He reminded me of someone.

Han Jaejoong.

Although I told myself that I should forget about him and that he was dead, I couldn’t make myself do so and I hated myself for that.

I sighed as I hugged my pillow tightly. I closed my eyes and started thinking about the past.

----------------

(3rd person’s POV)

When Boa left, Jaejoong was all alone in his room. Jaejoong looked around the room and started studying the room. The room was small, with only a tiny desk, a bed and a wardrobe. He stared at the small desk and something caught his eyes. It was a picture of a girl and boy. They both had bright smiles on their faces and they were both holding hands.

Jaejoong smiled. ‘That girl must be her,’ he thought. He then examined the boy she was holding hands with. He had short jet black hair and he had sharp facial features.

“That kid sure is handsome,” He said as he examined the picture even more. However, he felt as if the boy seems oddly familiar. He ignored the thought and lied down on the bed. He suddenly remembered that he hasn’t thanked Boa yet and quickly stood up and walked towards her bedroom.

He took his hands out of his pockets and softly knocked on her door.

“I just wanted to say thank you. Thanks a lot for letting me stay here, Boa.”

However there was no reply and he knew that Boa was already sleeping. He smiled and walked back to his room. And then he came to a halt.

Kwon Boa.

How come that name sounds so familiar to him? He knows for a fact that they’ve never seen each other before so how come the moment she told him her name, his heart started beating like crazy?

Her sweet smile appeared on Jaejoong’s head and Jaejoong felt his face turning red but quickly shook it off. She was his new landlord therefore he can’t think about stuff like this.

However, a curious question appeared on his mind.

Who is she exactly?