Chapter 3

I Promise You

Chapter 3

Jaejoong walked quietly inside the dorm, trying not to wake the members up as it was still early. However, his plans were ruined when Yunho walked in and slammed the door close behind him.

“What are you doing? Are you trying to wake the members up?!” Jaejoong whispered quietly. He hated it when the members are up in the morning. They were loud and noisy and will probably force Jaejoong to cook for them once again.

Yunho rolled his eyes. “Relax. They’re all awake. I woke them up after you called me. They’ve already ate as well so you don’t have to worry about cooking.”

Jaejoong nodded, amazed at how Yunho can read his mind. Yunho is a true leader has always waked the members up every morning and surprisingly, the members would always listen to him unlike when Jaejoong wakes them up. Yunho always wakes up early as well and sometimes Jaejoong wonders if the man ever sleeps.

Jaejoong opened the door to their bedroom to find the members lying down on their beds. Yoochun was reading his English book, Changmin was listening to his ipod and Junsu was just staring at the window, daydreaming.

Yoochun acknowledged Jaejoong’s present and put his book down. He smiled at Jaejoong and put his hands up to say hello.

“Oh Hyung!” he started, “How was your night with Tiffany last night? Had fun?” Yoochun gave out a small smirk and Jaejoong sighed.

“Terrible,” Jaejoong replied, walking towards his bed and throwing his body in it. He closed his eyes tightly, trying not to think about what happened. “I’m not getting drunk ever again.”

Junsu faced Jaejoong with a dramatically shocked face with an added gasp. “What?! How can you say that! It’s called having fun Jaejoong hyung! It was your birthday after all.”

Jaejoong ignored him and tightly closed his eyes. He faced Changmin and saw that he was still listening to his Ipod, ignoring the world. “You know, I should’ve stayed with Changmin. He just stayed here studying.”

Junsu started laughing, “Hyung, you’d rather stay with Changmin? You know how Changmin is when he’s studying. He tells you to be quiet even when you’re just sitting in a corner breathing!”

The members laughed at Junsu’s comment. It was true though. Changmin is a straight A student and the moment he arrives in the dorm, he’d either study, practice or eat. When he’s not studying, he’s practicing. When he’s not practicing, he’s eating.

Changmin took his headphones off when he saw the members laughing. He hit the person next to him and it happened to be Junsu. Junsu winced in pain. “Yah! What are you guys laughing at?”

Their laughter faded and they gave Changmin a small smile, afraid of the maknae’s violence side. Changmin turned his head diagonally, curious about what the members must be laughing at. ‘Were they laughing at me?’ He thought but immediately shook the thought off as he thought he was perfect and there was no reason for them to be laughing at him.

Yunho stood up and the members turned around to face him. “Guys, we need to get ready. We still have to catch a plane to Korea. Manager Lee is coming here in a few hours.”

The members nodded. They got ready with huge grins on their faces. Fortunately, their bags are sorted because the members were too excited that after a few months, they’re finally coming back to Korea. Although it’s only for a week as it’s for a concert, they’re still happy. They love Japan but Korea was where they trained, where their families are and Korea is definitely their home. They loved their Korean fans a lot because although they haven’t released a Korean single in months because of their busy schedule in Japan, they’re still there to support them.

After 2 hours of waiting, Manager Lee arrived in their dorms. Manage Lee had a frown on his face but the other members didn’t notice as they just wanted to get out of their dorms and go straight to Korea. However, Jaejoong noticed.

“Manager Lee,” Jaejoong said. “What’s up? What’s with the frown on your face?”

“Jaejoong,” The manager sighed. “I’m sorry to say but you have to stay here in Japan.”

“What?” The other members exclaimed. The manager could only give out a small nod.

“Jaejoong was picked to be in a CF so he’d have to stay here to shoot it. It will only be for a couple of weeks. Or months.”

The members looked devastated. They didn’t want their hyung to stay here in Japan all by himself. Plus, the concert and DBSK wouldn’t be complete without him. The fans will surely be disappointed.

“Can’t hyung do it some other time or so?” Yoochun asked the manager but he just shook his head.

“But I’ve already promised my family that I’m going to see them the moment I arrive in Seoul!” Jaejoong argued. “I haven’t seen them in years because of my busy schedule. Can’t I just do it when I come back? Please Manager Lee?”

The manager once again shook his head. “I’m very sorry Jaejoong. Anyways, we have to go now. We don’t want to miss our flights.”

The members all hugged Jaejoong goodbye before they left. Jaejoong didn’t want them to leave but he knew that he was being selfish.

The dorm was empty and Jaejoong sat on a sofa with a frown on his face. He didn’t want to stay here in Japan any longer. He missed his family. He missed his friends. He missed his dog, Vick.

He stood up and grabbed his bags. He’s going to Korea and that’s final.