Chapter 8

I Promise You

“We know you have Kim Jaejoong and you’re being charged for kidnapping.”

I heard the other line spoke as the hairs on my skin started standing up. My eyes widened as Sunny looked at me curiously as if trying to examine what was happening just by staring at my brown eyes. I felt my whole body froze. My smile immediately faded as my mind carefully suspecting who this mysterious man was. His voice was deep, very dignified and fearless making me feel me even more petrified.

“Who.. Who are you?” I stuttered in fright. My fingers travelled to a nearby table where it nervously tapped. I could feel my face losing its colour from tensed self.

“Lets just say that if I don’t have Jaejoong in less than a week, I will find you and kill you,” And with that the man hang up. I slowly gathered my sense and placed my hands down which continually shook from horror. What did he mean by ‘I will find you and kill you?’ Random question started to enter in my mind. Who was this man? How did he know Jaejoong was with me? Was this a mere practical joke?

“Unnie! Your boyfriend’s here!” My thoughts were instantly interrupted as I heard a joyful high pitched voice coming from behind me. That was when I realised that Sunny wasn’t in front of me anymore. I shortly turned around only to be met by a familiar man greeting me with a warm smile. Both of his eyes were beaming.

“Chagiya~!” He yelled excitedly as he waved his hands frantically. There were only a few people in the restaurant however; they all turned around as they heard a loud shout. I shook and lowered my head in embarrassment.

What part of ‘you can stay at home’ didn’t he understand?

--------------------

A young woman all dressed in black sat down in the far corner of the restaurant. She took the hat she was wearing and crossed her legs as she drank her warm coffee. Her eyes were completely alert as if she was waiting for something suspicious and queer to happen. Although she sat from afar, she could still see the woman she was carefully examining.

Kwon Boa.

The young woman saw how Boa picked her phone up and something about it seemed oddly strange. The moment Boa picked her phone up; it was as if her pleasant expression reverted into a more frightful one. As the woman was about to grab her bag and move towards Boa to eavesdrop, she felt her phone vibrate and without hesitating, she picked it up and it happened to be a text from the Boss.

“Yeonhee, Come to the mansion urgently.”

The woman sighed disappointedly however; she knew not to disobey the boss. She swiftly put her hat back on and grabbed her bag, dashing outside the almost empty restaurant. When she pushed the glass door, she bumped into someone’s body. She immediately forced her head to look down, avoiding eye contact and mumbled a small ‘sorry’ before walking away.

However, she wasn’t aware that the manshe bumped into was the person she was looking for all along.

-----------

Jaejoong grinned as he placed both of his hands on his waist, proud that after an hour walking around, he has finally found Boa’s Restaurant. He looked up with a smile, staring at the sign saying ‘Kwon Restaurant’ right above him. As soon as he walked towards the restaurant, the glass door instantly opened and he felt something bump on him. He looked down and saw that it was a person wearing a black hat. He couldn’t really see if it was a woman or a man. However before he could part his lips and apologise, the person had already walked away. Jaejoong scratched his head in confusion but proceeded inside the restaurant anyway.

The restaurant looked the same as the last time he went however, it had a few number of people. Some were chit chatting with their friends and some were alone but having a nice meal. His further thoughts were interrupted when he saw a young charming girl greeting him with a welcomed smile. The girl looked very young; too young to work in a restaurant. The girl wore her brightest smiled and Jaejoong wondered if the girl ever stopped smiling. However, he too gave the young girl a warm grin.

“Welcome Sir! My name is Sunny!” The young girl, named Sunny, giggled cheerfully. Her voice was high pitched and chirpy, a voice that most people would find annoying. However, Sunny’s voice was the complete opposite and it wasn’t annoying at all. You can say that her voice was rather pleasant and it was a voice many people would adore.

“Table for how many?” Jaejoong smiled when he realised that the young girl didn’t seem to recognise him at all. Of course, who would? His whole face was mostly covered as he wore sunglasses and a thin scarf, almost covering the bottom half of his soft pale skin. No one would ever expect that this man was one of the DBSK members.

“I’m looking for someone actually,” Jaejoong spoke out and he immediately looked around the restaurant, searching for Boa. His lips formed into a curve however, it instantly disappeared when he saw the look of her face. Although Jaejoong could not really see the woman’s face properly as she was standing from afar, her face showed distress and she looked very pale, in contrast of her normal, full of colour, cheerful face. Seeing her like this somehow made his heart ache a little.

“Are you looking for Boa Unnie?” Jaejoong heard that high pitched voice once again however, he could only nod slowly in reply as his eyes were anxiously focused on Boa. He noticed that Boa was on the phone with someone. “How are you related to Boa?”

Jaejoong averted his eyes away from the young girl in front of him and then he remembered his plan. A few hours ago, when he was still in Boa’s house, he created a plan because of mere boredom. His plan was to surprise Boa by arriving in the restaurant and a little. Jaejoong then stared at the girl in front of him with a huge smile in his face.

“I’m her boyfriend,” Jaejoong declared, a little boastful. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Boa placing her phone down. He heard Sunny giving out a short gasp but quickly covered it with a giggle as she turned around and called out Boa’s name. Boa quickly turned around and Jaejoong grinned.

“Chagiya~!” Jaejoong shouted as he waved uncontrollably, not really caring if he looked like an utter fool. He saw how Boa’s face gained a little more colour the moment she laid eyes on him however, she immediately looked down disappointedly. Just as Jaejoong predicted. He gave out a small smirk trying to hide joy.

Oh this was going to be so much fun.

---------------

Yeonhee arrived inside the Kim’s Mansion however there was no light around the mansion at all and it seemed oddly empty. Although it was still daylight, the mansion is usually bright with lights. There would also be busy and occupied maids and butlers walking around. However, there was no sign of any maids at all. The mansion’s door was unlocked as well.

Yeonhee walked up the long marble-made stairs and made her way up towards the master bedroom. Her soft hands gently knocked on the white wooden door twice. She patiently waited for an answer from the other side however; all she could here was silence. She turned the door knob slowly to realise that it wasn’t locked and quickly opened it. As soon as she entered the enormous room, she saw an old man sitting on a chair covering his head with his hands. His hands terribly shook with fear.

“Boss! Boss!” Yeonhee yellowed out running towards the old man. If anything happened to this man, she knew it would be all her fault. “Are you alright? Have you taken your medications? Should I go get you a doctor?”

As soon as Yeonhee was about to dart off the room and ask for her, the old man tightly grabbed her wrist.

“Y-Yeonhee,” The man breathlessly spoke, looking into the young woman’s eyes.

“Hyunjoong is alive.”

---------------

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS BORING~ I'm sorry~
I wasn't supposed to cut it there but... I haven't finished typing the chapter because I'm so busy busy busy~ D: I've been revising and doing masses loads of homeworks for the past few days!~
There's going to be tons of bojoong moments in the next one though ^___^ (:
I hope you enjoyed this chapter(cause i didn't. TT^TT)
More drama is about to happen! dun dun duun~
^^
comments are love♥