Chapter 12

I Promise You

The bright light coming from the room instantly woke Jaejoong up from his slumber. His eyes slowly opened as he sat up, only to be met by his haraboji, sitting on a chair right in front of him. His face was full of mixed emotions; Frustration, anger, sadness, as he massaged his temples to calm himself down. Jaejoong examined the room and saw how everything was white and that was when he realised he was in a hospital. He looked at his back, expecting a large wound but he only found a large white bandage covering it.

Once the old man felt the bed slightly move, he looked up only to find Jaejoong staring at him. Without any warning, he stood up from his chair and ran up to his grandson, hugging him tightly. Tears were running down on the old man’s face. He was happy his grandson was alive and breathing. The moment they arrived in the hospital, he screamed at the doctors to make sure his one and only grandson was alright. He was willing to do whatever for his grandson and if the doctors couldn’t save him, he’d find a doctor that could. Even if that doctor is all the way in another country.

If Jaejoong died, he knew he couldn’t possibly live anymore. Ever since his wife and his only son died, the only family he had was Jaejoong.

Sure he had Hyunjoong but he now despised Hyunjoong. He was exactly like his son’s wife. When he was little, he was always up to no good and so, the old man always favoured Jaejoong.

Jaejoong’s widened his eyes as he felt his Haraboji hugging him ever so tightly; so tight that he couldn’t breathe. He could feel his haraboji crying so he lifted his arms around him, hugging the old man. He caressed his back softly, trying to calm him down.

“Haraboji, it’s okay. I’m fine,” He whispered almost inaudibly.

“Why did you do that?! All for a stupid girl?!” His haraboji shouted before breaking the hug and stared at him right in the eyes. His eye showed anger and Jaejoong was scared. He didn’t want to make his haraboji angry but he knew he had to do it. He had to go and save Boa.

He loves Boa. Although he knew it’s quite impossible as they’ve only known each other for 2 days, he’s positively sure of his feelings. Boa was the only person that could make his heartbeat faster than before. She’s the only person that could make him smile with the silliest things such as when she tried his cooking. And the way he couldn’t stop himself from turning red the moment he finally had the guts to hold her soft hands.

He loves her. And he knew he’s willing to do anything to save and protect her.

That was his promise.

Jaejoong wanted to say that to the man right in front of him. He wanted to shout everything he’s feeling right now but it felt as if he couldn’t. He knew that if he said those exact words, it would break the poor man’s heart. But what he didn’t understand why he seemed to despise Boa.

Before Jaejoong could part his lips and speak, his haraboji stood up furiously and stared at Jaejoong.

“You’re moving back to Japan and getting married to Yeonhee,” Haraboji announced fiercely and Jaejoong couldn’t believe what his ears were hearing.

“What?!” Jaejoong cried. He didn’t want to get married to Yeonhee. He doesn’t even love her. He had always thought of Yeonhee as a little sister and nothing more. But he knew his haraboji would do something like this.

“You can’t do this to me you know. I don’t love Yeonhee!” Jaejoong argued back but the old man stared right back at him. Jaejoong just wanted to punch this man but he knows it’s his haraboji.

“You know what Jaejoong? I’m fed up of this,” The old man shouted back making Jaejoong halt and listen. “Since you were little, I travelled the whole world just to save you and cure that stupid cancer. I took care of you, fed you. I gave you everything you’ve ever wanted and more. You wanted to be a famous as a singer; I made you a famous singer. And you know what? You’ve never actually done anything for this old man. This is my last wish for you before I die so if you grant this only wish, I can die happily.”

Jaejoong shook his head. As much as he loves his Haraboji, he just couldn’t do this. He’s willing to do anything for his Haraboji however, he just didn’t have the guts to leave Boa and get married to Yeonhee. If he was going to get married to someone, it should be Boa.

“But I can’t get married to Yeonhee! I love Boa!” Jaejoong confessed making the old man stop his tracks.

“You what?!” The old man said in shock. “H-How can you fall in love with her?! You’ve only met her after a couple of days. You have no idea what love is!”

“I don’t care,” Jaejoong replied as he started to get up from the bed. “I’m going to see Boa and you can’t stop me.”

Jaejoong ran out of the room, holding on his back as the cut hasn’t properly healed up yet. He found it hard to run however; he knew he had to run if he wanted to be with Boa.

He knew Boa was going to be in the same hospital however, he didn’t know what room she’s in. As he was running, trying to check all the rooms in the hospital, he felt heavy footsteps right behind him. He turned around only to find 2 doctors running towards him. They were holding a sharp injection so Jaejoong ran faster.

It was no use. He couldn’t run as fast as he could because of the wound on his back until the doctors had finally caught up on him.

“Let me go! Boa! Boa!” Jaejoong cried angrily as he tried to struggle away from the 2 doctor’s arms holding him back. His eyes widened as he saw one of the doctors deeply inserting the injection in his arms and that was when his vision slowly started to blur.

“Boa….”

--------------

Boa woke up with sweat dripping over her face. She woke up from a terrible nightmare. She dreamt that Jaejoong was shouting and calling for her name but she didn’t know why. However, she had a feeling that something bad was going to happen.

She sat up immediately only to find out she was in a hospital and there was a young girl, about her age staring at her.

The woman looked awfully young however; she was dressed in black making her look a lot older than she normally is. Her face was pale however, Boa found her quite pretty. Before Boa could ask who she is, she spoke.

“I’m Jaejoong’s fiancée,” She explained as if she could read Boa’s mind. Boa tilted her head in confusion.

“W-what do you mean?” She asked softly and she saw the girl smirk. Boa knew Jaejoong couldn’t possibly be engaged. If so, why would he stay in the same house with the opposite ? Even if it was only for a few days?

The girl lifted her hands up for Boa to see and there, rested a shining diamond engagement ring. Boa knew she couldn’t truly trust this girl. And plus, she hasn’t seen Jaejoong wearing an engagement ring.

“Y-you’re lying,” Boa said, almost in a whisper. She looked down, avoiding eye contact. “He couldn’t be engaged. He just cou---”

“But he is,” The girl suddenly interrupted Boa. “We’ve been engaged for 5 months already. Our wedding is quite soon. Hasn’t he told you yet?”

Boa then heard the girl giggle making Boa look at her in confusion. “I guess not. Oh Jae, he loves playing with girls. But at the end of the day, it’s always me who he returns to.”

Boa felt as if someone stabbed her heart. All this time, she’s been played all along. Of course, she’s heard celebrities toying and playing with normal people so Jaejoong should be the same.
She knew it was too good to be true.

She thought that she’s finally learning how to love again.

The word made her stop her tracks. Love? Does she really love Jaejoong? Ever since she met Jaejoong, she felt a little bit happier and their so called ‘outing’ was one of the best days in her life. She couldn’t help but realise that only Jaejoong could make her feel all shy and giddy. Even ‘Han Jaejoong’ never made her feel this way. But of course, she was only a little kid back then.

Maybe she’s in love after all.

But she can’t fall in love with him. It all sounds true. Maybe he has been playing with her and her feelings. Maybe everything was a lie.

The kiss.

His promise.

He promised Boa that he will always protect her.

“I suggest you stay away from him this instance,” The girl interrupted her thoughts and Boa looked up at the girl again.

The girl began to stand up and headed for the door. “If you don’t believe me, lets just see if he ever comes back and visits you.”

And with that, the mysterious girl slammed the door closed and Boa was left alone in the empty room.

“Will he ever come back for me?”

----------------

Whoa~ it's been so long hasn't it! I'm so sorry I haven't updated! I've been so busy and i had a HUGE writer's block T___T.
But it's christmas holidays soon so I'd probably be able to update quite a lot. Maybe ^___^
I hope I didn't lose any followers :)
Thanks a lot for reading~ ^^
Comment about what you guys thought of this chapter :D