Chapter 1

I Promise You

Chapter 1

The sun brightly shined on the window as I woke up, scratching my eyes and slowly stretching my arms out. I looked up at the ceiling with a blank face. ‘Another day of smiling and pretending to be happy in front of everyone,’ I thought bitterly. I shook my head and quickly got up. I got ready for work and before I walked out the door, I looked at my reflection. There stood a young girl with long brown hair. Her eyes sparkled but it wasn’t from happiness. It was because of the crying from the night before. I forced a smile. ‘Come on Boa! Hwaiting!’

So, let me introduce myself. My name is Kwon BoA and I’m 18 years old. Ever since I was 15 years old, I lived independently. My parents died from a horrible car accident and since then I lived on my own. I didn’t have any relatives as both of my parents were the only child in their family. I have no idea about my grandparents as my parents hardly talked about them. All I know is that they were ‘nice’ and ‘loveable’ grandparents.

I got inside my car and drove to where I worked: my parent’s restaurant. You can say that this restaurant was the only thing that I have left from them. The restaurant wasn’t exactly a posh, 5 star restaurant. It was more of a small and comfortable restaurant. A small restaurant where you can just relax. However, not a lot of people fancy a type of restaurant like that so only a small number of people come to our restaurant.

As I opened the restaurant’s door, I was greeted by a very happy Sunny.

“Omo! Boa unnie!” She exclaimed and ran from the counter to give me a tight hug. I giggled happily as I returned the warm hug. I missed being hugged like this.

“Yah! Sunny! We see each other almost every day!” I replied as we both backed away from the hug. “How come you always act as if we haven’t seen each other in years?”

“Aniyo unnie!” Sunny shook her head cutely. “I just really miss you a lot. You’re like a big sister to me. You’re truly amazing unnie!”

I gave her a soft smile. “Yeah yeah, let’s get to work!”
She gave me a firm nod and started cleaning the tables.
Sunny is my only best friend and she’s also the co-owner of the restaurant. She’s only 15 years old and you might say that a 15 year old is too young to run a restaurant however Sunny has helped me a lot and she’s the only person I can truly trust since my parents died. She’s the only person who probably understands me the most because her parents died at a young age however, unlike me; she has an auntie who takes care of her. Although Sunny looks cute, she’s very mature for her age.

I sighed as I stared on the floor thinking about the past. When my parents were still alive and when I was still happy.
Suddenly, a flashback from when I was young came to my mind.
Him.

I could feel the tears crawling up my eye but I knew I couldn’t cry. Not in front of Sunny. I quickly shook my head. ‘I bet he doesn’t even know who you are anymore,’ my conscience told me.

“Unnie,” I jumped as I heard Sunny’s soft voice calling me. “Are you alright? You’ve been staring at the wall for the whole 10 minutes.”

I looked up to her and gave her a warm smile reassuring her that I’m fine.

It’s been 14 years.

I should stop thinking about him.

------------

(Jaejoong’s POV)

“Honey,” I heard a girl’s voice and I quickly woke up. I scanned my surroundings and I’ve realised that I was in a hotel. I looked on my left only to find a girl with short hair, and only a white thin blanket covering her body.

“Who are you?!” I shouted. I could feel my head spinning as I massaged my temples with my hands.

“It’s me! Tiffany!” She replied. “Don’t tell me you already forgotten about what happened last night.”

I closed my eyes, trying to remember what happened last night and after a few seconds, it hit me. It was my birthday last night and the guys told me to go clubbing and have a drink. Next thing you know, I met a girl and we ended up in bed together.

“Look Tiffany,” I sighed as she stared at me. “I was drunk. I’m sorry. Just … Just forget about what happened last night okay?”

I quickly stood up from the bed and started getting dressed. Tiffany however stayed still in the bed and I could hear her sniffing. She was crying.

“B-but oppa, y-you were my first,” She whispered softly.
I rolled my eyes.

“We live in the 21st century. Guys don’t really care if we took a girl’s ity or not. So don’t think this the wrong way and that I love you just because I took yours,” I quickly grabbed my things and before I reached the door, I turned around to face her. “You’re welcome to stay here. As long as you don’t say anything about what happened last night. I don’t want DBSK getting into some scandal or anything.”

And with that I slammed the door. I grabbed my phone and dialled Yunho’s number.

“Yunho, Come here and pick me up right now,”

“Eugh,” Yunho groaned. I could tell that he just woke up. “It’s freakin’ 7 in the morning! Where the heck are you anyways?”

“In some hotel. It’s near the club we went to last night,” I replied.

“Okay fine! Give me 20 minutes.”

I nodded as if Yunho could see me and hanged up. I rolled my eyes as I walked out of the hotel with my sunglasses, hoping no one would see me. It was 7 in the morning and the sun wasn’t up yet so I doubt there’d be fans stalking me anyways.

However, thinking about Tiffany cry made me sad. I hated seeing girls cry. Suddenly, a flashback came to my mind. It was a bit blurry but I visualised a young girl. She was probably around 3 or 4 years old however, she was beautiful. She had long brown hair and she smiled. It wasn’t just an ordinary smile but it was the most amazing smile I’ve ever seen.

‘Who is she?’ I thought. But before I could think about it any longer, I saw Yunho’s car driving pass the hotel and coming to a stop. I quickly walked over the car to see a tired looking Yunho wearing a pair of glasses and a hat. He wore a black t-shirt and a pair of worn-out jeans.

“Phoning me at 7 am to pick you up,” He muttered almost inaudibly as I sat on the seat however I heard it clearly.

“Sheesh! Sorry man! You were the first person on my speed dial!”

“Whatever,” He said and we quickly drove off to the dorm.

-------

Chapter 1 is up~ ^^
I hope you guys like it :D
Sorry if there's any grammar errors or whatever D:
Comments are love♥