Home

Prompts/Drabbles

Prompt: Home: I’ll write our characters living together.

Luhan/Hweji


The memories of his former life were just sprinkles of dust in the outer reaches of his mind, but even then, chips and pieces holding her face had yet to leave his mind. The facility attempted their best to sweep him of all likeness to his former self, but her vibrant smile and dazzling eyes kept Luhan in limbo, kept him from letting his cat nature take over him completely. With no use for him any longer after month long trials, Luhan was released out into the open world once more with barely a recollection to who he was, much less his name.

Her. She was the only thing the blonde knew now that he was apart of the general public, but who was she and what did she have to do with him? Luhan mulled over these thoughts day after day as he shifted in and out of his human form and his cat form, subconsciously searching for her. He had a feeling that she had been important to him, like maybe she could tell him who he really was. 

Luhan met Hweji again on a rainy night. The dark, dusky clouds had lounged their way into the sky and begun to cry, huge water drops toppling through the sky to land on every surface and leaving nothing untouched. Beanie tugged down lower over his sensitive head, Luhan had been sniffing his way through the empty streets and ignoring virtually every turn. His instincts kept telling him to keep walking, even while his thin clothing became drenched to the bone. Biting down on his lower lip, he saw her. She had been standing off to the side at a bus stop underneath a bright red umbrella. The moment her face matched up with one of his memories, he was stalking closer, the rain falling to the background.

"Luhan!?" Hweji had turned and cast her big eyes on him suddenly and when their eyes met, she was both afraid and ecstatic. He looked different, but that had to be him. That had to be Luhan. She began to gravitate towards him as his arms willingly reached out to pull her into his arms. This was it, Luhan told himself, this is what I’ve been searching for.

This is home.

.

"Yah. Hannie, use a fork!"

"Okay, okay," Luhan quickly placated her as he reached for a fork with a pout on his lips. He had been so used to his animal nature that pretending to be normal and human was hard. Most nights, he slept curled up at the end of Hweji’s bed or under it and rarely used eating utensils. He purred or mewled any time she pet him or even touched him and couldn’t help but sit in her lap while she was watching television.

"Hannie, don’t—" Too late. Luhan had eaten toothpaste.

"Han? Where are you? Yah!" Luhan mewled and turned to look at her from his sitting position on the floor, his slightly clawed hands poised to scratch at the material of the couch some more. He blinked and tilted his head at her, wondering what the problem was.

"Lu- no! Aish.." Hweji pressed her face into her palm as Luhan plunged his face into his third cup of milk.

"Night Hweji.." Luhan mumbled sleepily with a little smile lighting up his face. Instead of sleeping at the edge of her bed, he pressed his face into her stomach and closed his eyes.

Luhan was comparable to a pet— but she didn’t mind the ears and tails as much as she thought she would. They had learned all about each other and Luhan came to find that bits and pieces of her were coming back to him.

It was nice to be home. 

 

 

End.