Out of Love

Prompts/Drabbles

Prompt: They don’t. They’ve already fallen out of love, and they only let you know they’ve fallen out of love, but my muse won’t say how long they loved you before that.

Luhan/Minzy


The silver band that twisted around her finger was the first object Luhan saw as she embraced him, and as he realized which finger it was, he felt his chest ache. While he was away on his trip to “find himself,” Minzy had forgotten his existence and gotten married. His face twisted into a grimace and he tried to hold onto what little happiness he had left, but it all seemed to deteriorate as she pulled away from their much too long hug, stealing all of his warmth away with a bright smile etched across her face. The tall, lanky blonde blinked down at her, his golden eyes dimming without her noticing.

"It’s been a really long time Byeol.." Luhan heard her say, her big doe like eyes transfixed on his golden pair. It had been almost three years since he had last been given the chance to see her before his sickness forced him to run away from any happiness he could have gotten if he had said yes to her. If he had taken her into his arms and kissed her breathless that night. But he didn’t- he shook his head and gave a small nod, the sound of his old nickname ringing sweetly in his ear. He was her byeol, her star, and she was his haven, his resting place. She had brought him such relief on countless nights when all he wanted to do was scream. She was one of the few reasons he was even alive now… and what they had, he thought she wouldn’t forget it.

"Y-Yeah Ha- Minzy. It’s been a really long time.." He spoke softly and ended his sentence with a small smile. He could bare to call her "Haven" anymore and even the sound of her name leaving his lips sent a staggering pain shooting through his chest. He didn’t think it would be this hard to meet up with her again, not after everything they had been through, not after the promises they had made. He promised he would return and she had promised to wait for him. On that cloudy day, she said she couldn’t live without him in her life. Had that been a lie-

"Byeol? You okay? I know it’s been a long time, but I’m still… me.. I’m still… your haven…" Minzy spoke up after a silent minute in which Luhan had accomplished nothing but holding back the tears that wished to spill endlessly from his eyes. He still couldn’t comprehend the idea that she had married someone that wasn’t him.

"I loved you," He heard himself say as if he were detached from his body, his voice soft and tired, his face revealing his sickly health. Luhan had never been the healthiest around. 

"Byeol-" He shook his head, his eyes crinkling up into tiny imitations of crescent moons.

"It doesn’t really matter now, right? So I can say it. I loved you."

I’m still in love with you Haven…

But you chose him over me.

"How long?"

"How long what?" Luhan blinked as he zoned in again, his golden eyes staring straight into Minzy’s.

"H-How long after you l-left… were you still in love with me?"

"It’s nice that you settled down Minzy. You always said you would have the best wedding out there. I’m sorry I couldn’t be there." He replied, avoiding the subject all together. So, he lied, something he hated doing, but something that had to be done. Their time had ended and a new era had arrived, one where Luhan would have to save himself.

 

 

 

End.