Protect

Prompts/Drabbles

The prompt: Protect: My character keeps yours safe from harm.

Luhan/Seohyun


"You can’t stay here Seo ah, they’ll kill you." He whispered softly as his big, frightened eyes looked around from their vantage point in the building, every ounce of him on flight mode. The collar around his neck beeped insistently, unrelenting and refusing to be put out of their minds. It was only a matter of time until he would be found and she-

They would kill her in front of him as a way to make a point. That if he ever tried to run away again, then the people he cared about the most would be in jeopardy. They didn’t care about casualties; they didn’t care about anything except results and as long as Luhan continued to grow and show promise, he would be kept as a little pet in their lab, his collar tracing all of his steps no matter how far away he became. It was foolish of him to think that he could just run away like this. As he looked at Seohyun, her soft face stricken with fear, he felt so sorry for dragging her into this mess. If hadn’t of gotten a hold of a cell phone and messaged her, he would have never been found. She wouldn’t have tried to break him out and they wouldn’t be here, hiding out in a building not on the facility’s grid. 

But it was only a matter of time before they found him here and left the room they hid in a bloody mess. He could picture like last time, when a different human had tried to free a pet. He had been tortured relentlessly in front of all of them as an example.

"I s-shouldn’t have let you come.." He hissed at himself, his ears raised and twitching as he listened for any sounds of oncomers. The pair had decided to hide out of view under a desk by the window, but every now and then, they would stand to stretch their legs.

"Luhan, I’m not leaving you and letting them take you away again. I can’t let that happen." She was being stubborn, Luhan internally groaned, but this was not the time.

"Seo-" The sound of gunfire caught Luhan off guard and he quickly tackled Seo down and out of range of the bullets, turning his head to the side and growling as he smelt the disgusting stench of the scientists. Seohyun’s eyes brimmed with tears as more shots were fired from the doorway, but made no move to push Luhan away. Was this really their end?

"Shh, don’t worry," The blonde whispered as he shrouded her body with his own, willing to take any shots that hit. He purred lowly to try and calm her rapidly palpitating heart.

"I’ll protect you."

 

 

 

End