Prologue

Is It My Fault?

It's a cold and pouring Thursday afternoon. The sun is buried behind the dark, grey clouds, leaving the sky boringly dull and colourless. Kai look up at the sky and a huge sigh escape from his mouth.

"Let's go inside, Mr Kim" his driver said politely to him.

"Hmm. Alright then" he nods.

He steps inside the big house, walking straight to a room. He walk inside the room and see there's a lady and old man.

"Kai... You're here" the lady which is his mother, said and smiles  to see him there.

"Come here, I want to talk to you for a moment" the old man who happened to be his grandfather, smiles weakly to him.

He nods and sit next to his grandfather.

"Since you're my only grandson that I love the most, I have a last wish that I want you to fulfill it"

Kai look at him curiously, feeling something wrong with his grandfather. "What is it, grandpa?"

"I want you to get married with my bestfriend's granddaughter, Seo Joohyun. She's the only one Seo's granddaughter since her parents died"

There's a sudden change on Kai's face after he heard what his grandfather had said.

"What? But... But why me? You still have Suho hyung" 

His grandfather shooks his head and smiles. "Because... I love you the most, Kai. I want the best for you. Joohyun is a nice girl and I know that she'll take care of you"

Kai silented. He don't know how to change his grandfather's mind.

"Please.... It's my last wish for you. You know that I'll di--"

"Alright then. Please don't say that word because you know I hate it right? I will. I'll get married with that Joohyun girl" he said.

His mother just smiles weakly, knowing that her son had to fulfill his sick grandfather's last wish. But she know that it's the bast for him.

 

Black-And-White-Page-Dividers.jpg

 

He walk towards his grandfather's garden weakly. He know it. He know that he'll meet her today. 

"That's him", his grandfather smiles widely.

He force a smile on his face and look at them. He know that it's Seo family. 

"Annyeong, I'm Kim Jong In" he bows politely.

"Come on~ Don't be so formal" Mr Seo laughs.

He just smiles and sit on the seat. He look at them and his eyes stops at one girl. She kept lowered her head since he joined them a few minutes ago.

"By the way, this is Seo Joohyun. Your future wife"

He just nods and bows at her, not knowing what should he say.

"But..." Mr Seo paused his words.

Kai look at him curiously.

"...She's mute"

His jaw dropped. What? She's mute? They want me to get married with a mute girl?!

"I---"

"Kai never care about that instead of he accept her lack" his grandfather lied.

Kai couldn't say anything but to show his smile in front of them.

"That's good then!~ At last, someone accept her lack" Mr Seo said happily.

"Well... Let's leave them alone. They need time to know each other" his mother said, looking at Kai.

"Sure!~" they walked away, leaving them alone in the garden.

Kai sighing and stood up from his seat, looking at Joohyun in irritated.

"Well... I guess you're not deaf right?" he asked. She just nods.

"Okay, good then. Now listen carefully, you mute girl. I, Kim Jong In, will never accept you in my life. I'll get married to you but that's not means that I'll love you" he said coldly.

Her eyes widen in surprise, never expect that he would said like that to her. She nods and took a pen and a notebook from her bag.

 

I'll remember about that

 

"Good. And remember. Our family shouldn't know about this and we'll pretending that we're okay in front of them. Remember that, mute" he said and walked away from there, leaving her alone in the garden.

 

Why is this happening to me? I... I can't live like this

Her tears start to escape from her eyes, imagining her future life with him. 

 

Black-And-White-Page-Dividers.jpg

Hello!~ c:

How is it? Hope you'll like it! ^~^

Sorry for the mistake/grammatical/spelling error >_< Kekeke <3

-Aeriren-