Chapter 2 - 1000 Won CD...

What if...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[At the YMCA cultural centre]

 

SR : Thanks guys!  See you same time, Studio B next week ok?

 

Students : BYE!!!

 

Seungri slowly dragged his tired body out of the dance studio that he teaches every Saturday afternoons for the past year. 

 

He was tired but happy at the same time as he was on his way to meet his girlfriend, Ayu at their favourite coffee house.

 

The coffee house where they first met.  He fondly reminisced about that day as he quicken his steps to meet her, armed with a CD.

 

It was raining heavily that day.

 

Seungri was on his way back from the Gwangju bus terminal.

 

He did not call up his parents to pick him up.

 

He didn't know how to face them.

 

Instead he decided to walk all the way back home from the bus terminal.

 

What was normally a 15 mins car ride back home, took 40 mins by foot.

 

But he needed that.

 

He needed time to think.

 

To clear his clouded mind.

 

All of a sudden, it started raining heavily.

 

He hastily took shelter at the front porch of a coffee house with white picket fences bordering their alfresco dining area.

 

That's when he met her.

 

Ayu.

 

Dressed in a white lace tunic dress.

 

With long shouldered black hair and almond eyes, she smiled at him.

 

The front porch had a little roof but not enough to keep out the rain which was aided by the strong, gustful wind.

 

Ayu extended her umbrella nearer to the very wet Seungri, sheltering him from the rain.

 

He felt his heart skipped a beat then but still manages to smile back.

 

After half an hour of waiting for the rain to stop, Seungri had managed to convince Ayu to exchange phone numbers.  He knew where she lived and which high school she went to.  Turns out she had just broke up with her long term boyfriend who she caught cheating on her with an older noona of his in college.

 

They parted ways when her father picked her up in her family beaten up van.

 

A year later, Seungri was on his way to meet the love of his life to celebrate their 1st anniversary.

 

The coffee house had an English cottagey feel to it.  White picket fences marks the al fresco siting area right outside of the coffee house.  Inside, cozy English styled armchairs with green cushion covering were peppered all over.  Random reproductions of famous western paintings such as the 'Girl with a pearl earring by Dutch painter Johannes Vermeer provide a touch of elegance.  The wall coverings were either in deep peppermint green or red maroonish colour.  Fresh white starched table cloths lined the table while brass lamps were mounted high up on the walls.

 

Kling Kling Kling!!!

 

A small brass bell ring throughout the coffee house, indicating to the staff about the arrival of guests.

 

Seungri pass by a guy with glasses at the doorway.  A familiar smell triggered his attention at the handsome stranger.  But he brushed off his paranoia.  How many bottles of Hugo Boss for Women were sold in S.Korea.  He was bound to dump into someone wearing that scent.

 

After the usual customary hellos and welcomes exchange with the staff at the coffee house, Seungri made his way to the back of coffee house.

 

He spotted Ayu sitting by the window.  Their favourite spot.

 

Seungri mentally laughed at the very thought of actually having a 'favourite spot' with his girl.

 

He made his way over to Ayu, without even noticing a handsome stranger with a red fedora and black shades sitting alone in the table next to her while listening to his ipod, looking slightly mad with knitted eyebrows.

 

[Half an hour earlier....]

 

Big Bang was having a nationwide concert tour 'Want You' since their debut a year ago.  With all the hectic concert schedules, GD was happy to be given a day off to rest.  But he don't want to lie in bed like the rest of his BB members.  He had never been to the countryside like Gwangju and wanted to explore the area around their hotel. 

 

After a whole morning of sightseeing and gift shopping for his family back home, he finally sat down for a light afternoon meal of espresso (a habit he cultivated while being cooped up in the recording studio all night...) and a turkey ham sandwich. 

 

When he finally sat at a table near the window, he slowly look around the coffee house and its surrounding.  In the table right next to him was a couple drinking and chatting up.  The guy looked like a college student while the girl was rather sweet looking.  Maybe still a high school kid. 

 

Feeling bored and alone, he decided to plug in his ipod and listen to some music while resting his aching heels.  But his ipod was low on battery.  Feeling embarassed for forgetting to charge his ipod back in the hotel room, he silently cursed himself.  But then the conversation between the couple on the next table by the window caught his attention.  He decided to leave his earphone on in spite of not having any music blasting through it. 

 

Ayu : Oppa you don't have to wait for me here.  It's going to be awkward later for him and me.

 

Oppa : But what if he turn violent or something?

 

Ayu : Don't worry about him. He maybe flirty with other girls but he will never turn violent. He loves me too much to do that to me.  A real love sick puppy.  He even told me he had specially made a mixtape for me.  And even planned a whole day of fun to celebrate our first year anniversary.  How corny is that?

 

Oppa : Are you sure?  I mean, you are going to dump his sorry after all.  If it was me, I would probably go ape crazy....

 

Ayu : But oppa, YOU are NOT him.

 

Ayu smiled lovingly while caressing the gift from her Oppa - a monogrammed LV speedy tote.

 

*Coughcough*

 

Ayu quickly turned towards the source of the violent cough as she could almost swore she heard the word ''.  But the guy sitting next to her was listening to his ipod.  There is no way he could have heard her conversation with her oppa.  Brushing away her paranoia, she turned back her attention to her oppa.

 

Oppa : What if he won't let you go?

 

Ayu : Well, I will just have to tell him the truth then.  That we had been seeing each other the past two months and I had given myself to you.

 

Oppa : WHAT??

 

Idiot Oppa nearly spit out his tea when he heard Ayu boldly declaring that she will tell her current boyfriend that she had been sleeping with him.

 

Oppa : Are you nuts!!! *whispering* 

 

Ayu : Well it's the truth right?  Or are you regretting it now? *Ayu glared at her Oppa*

 

*Coughcough*

 

Ayu was getting irritated by the random coughing of the guy sitting next to her table.  She took out a tissue and angrily handed it over the ailing stranger.

 

GD who was intently listening to the conversation all this while, somehow manages to keep his composure and took the tissue while thanking her.  PHEW!!! He thought to himself before he continued his evergrowing interest in his new hobby - eavesdropping.

 

Oppa : No.  I never regret it at all!!!*sheepish grin*

 

Ayu : Good.  If you did, I will rip off your balls and personally seasoned it with salt before feeding it to the pigs back in my family farm.

 

Oppa : O....O....Okay *gulp*

 

Ayu : Oppa you should go now before the movie tickets sold out.

 

Oppa : Okay then.  I will buy the tickets first.  Call me if anything crops up.

 

Ayu : GO!!! He will turn up anytime now.

 

Ayu got up to hug her Oppa.

 

Oppa : I see you are wearing my favourite scent. *smiling cheekily*

 

Ayu : Oppa!!!

 

Ayu pretended to hit her idiot Oppa on his chest but her hands were caught on time.  Her Oppa planted a quick kiss on the lips before making his way out of the coffee house.

 

*Coughbullcough*

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter