Chapter 10 - Frustrations...

What if...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Across the clear blue water, GD strained his eyes to look beyond the Yellow Sea.

 

He smiled to himself as he reminisced the whirlwind events that took placed within the past 24 hours.

 

He could never imagined going on an impromptu weekend beach getaway with SR a year ago when they were still trainees.

 

SR had casually mentioned to GD after their Goong marathon that Gwangju has some of the best beaches in the Jeollanam Province and that his stay in Gwangju won't be complete without a day trip to the beach for some fun.

 

So being GDragon, he immediately went online and book a last minute hotel reservation to one of the coastal town beach resorts that SR had mentioned.

 

Luckily, it was off season as the school term had already started.

 

So after sms-ing a certain 'concerned' individual back in Seoul and his Mom, GD practically pushed SR out of the door first thing the very next morning.

 

SR's parents of course were only too pleased for their only son to go away on the getaway since they thought the sea breeze would do SR good.

 

The bus ride passed by quickly as SR recounting stories about his growing up days in Gwangju, his dance team - Chapter One, his past relationships and his family,.

 

The entire bus ride, GD could be seen with a precious smile plastered on his face. 

 

He was smiling from ear to ear and laughing at every little bits of SR's stories.

 

Little did GD knew that SR noticed GD's radiant child-like smile in between stories and felt his heart skipped a beat.

 

***

 

[Check-In]

 

Staff : Here's your key sir. One master suite with  a king sized bed  and a view of the ocean.  Breakfast will be served in the dining area by 8am. *smiling*

 

GD : Thanks.

 

SR raised his right eyebrow.

 

One.

 

One?

 

One!

 

He would be sharing a bed with his GD hyung?

 

A lump immediately formed at the back of this throat.

 

He swallowed his saliva and shook the very thought out of his mind.

 

Maybe the bed was meant for GD himself while he, the maknae, no wait!..he is no longer part of BB....HS is the maknae....he is...a dongsaeng??? ARGH! Whatever his status is to GD, he started to resign himself to sleeping on the hotel room floor.

 

He cursed silently himself for forgetting to pack along his sleeping bag.

 

After dumping their bags on the hotel room floor, GD prompted SR for a race to the beach.

 

Off they went, two silly boys from the Seoul and Gwangju, running along the sandy beach, splashing each other with the seawater.

 

Parasailing, banana boat rides and jetski were the order of the day.

 

GD was an avid jet-skier and took it upon himself to teach the Gwangju boy how to jet-ski.

 

SR chuckled silently to himself.

 

He didn't have the heart to tell GD that he once won a local jet-ski competition - Junior category.

 

***

 

As GD continued to breathe in the salty seabreeze, he didn't realised a certain maknae ploughing his beside him on the sandy beach.

 

SR reached over to shook GD's right shoulder.

 

SR : Hyung...

 

GD turned to his right to look at the one who burst his bubbles.

 

GD : Ya maknae....

 

SR felt weird hearing his GD hyung addressed him as 'maknae'.

 

It may seemed harmless to total strangers.

 

But to SR, he was no longer the maknae of BB for almost a year.

 

Plus, he had never heard such tenderness in GD's tone whenever he spoken to SR in the past during their trainee days.

 

GD being nice to him was still a foreign concept that he has yet to get used to.

 

SR : Hyung, why are you smiling to yourself? 

 

GD realised his folly and immediately tries to act otherwise.

 

GD : Nothing....mind your own business maknae!

 

SR : I was until you started smiling to yourself.  Passer-bys might think you got a screw loose up there. *pointing to GD's head*

 

GD : Yah! You dare to speak like that of your hyung?! *mock anger*

 

SR was taken aback by GD's outburst.

 

He never really knew what GD's temperament was.

 

He only remembered walking on eggshells and treading lightly whenever he was in Gd's presence back during their trainee days.

 

He lowered his head and muttered an apologetic 'Mianhe hyung'.

 

Now it was GD's turn to be taken aback by the sudden turn of event.

 

He turn his whole body to face the slouching maknae with his head hung low.

 

GD : Maknae...I...

 

GD found himself at a loss.

 

He never really knew what SR was thinking about nor does he knew what to do with him.

 

GD had always grew up knowing EXACTLY what he wants in life.

 

Be it career, love, friendship, family, wealth.

 

But with SR, he constantly found himself feeling restless and lost.

 

With SR, he had no control over his maknae, what he was thinking or doing.

 

And it drove him nuts.

 

HS and DS were good dongsaengs because they listens well to him.

 

SR was a wild horse.

 

Whatever he does in the past during their trainee days, always made GD pisses to no end.

 

Funny thing was GD had no idea why he was constantly trying to understand SR in the past.

 

Because whenever he tried, he always end up getting all worked up and thus the eventual receipient of his built up frustration, was the one who made his that way - SR.

 

And this time it was no exception.

 

GD hated the feeling of being hapless and not being in control of things.

 

He could feel his blood boiling in frustration.

 

GD : AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!MAKNAE AH!!!!

 

SR immediately looked up at GD, confused and yet readying himself for a tsunamis of curses and vulgarities coming his way.

 

GD saw the look in SR's eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter