Date and basketball

My shining star.

On one fine day, Jongdae ask you for a date. Both of you like each other but because of few things, Jongdae has made up his mind not to confess his feeling to you. Minseok and you are back like before. Jongdae also. Both of you have decide to remain like this for few months. 

Jongdae is in basketball team. The leader of the team saw him playing when he was training at your neighbourhood. He loves basketball so much and he wants to play basketball in front of his girlfriend is his long-long dream. 

So every evening you would go to basketball court in your neighbourhood and accompany him. 

The basketball team is one of sport games that always bring university's name. They always won in the game and the boys are quite popular too. 

 

You wait for him in front of your house because he is going to fetch you by car. 

''So, where we should go?'' he asks you as his eyes are so focus on the road. 

You look at him curiously, '' I don't know. I'm okay with anything. Up to you.''

''Okay.'' he smiles and opens the radio. He connect the radio with his phone and play songs at his music. 

Lucikly, you know the all the songs that he is listening to. Both of you are singing like crazy in the car. You even record the moments with your phone. 

It takes one hour and half to reach to his destination. 

You follow him around buying everything he wants. Although it's quite tiring, but you having lots of fun; you even know a little about what he likes and doesn't like. 

He also bring you to one of his favourite restaurant in that area. The food is quite good and delicious. 

He orders foods on the menu and both of you wait for it. You smile when he looks at you. 

''So, are you having fun with me? I'm sorry, I have buy lots of things.'' he says. 

You smile, ''It's okay, Jongdae - ah. I love it'' 

He takes out his phone and show the message that the leader had message him. 

''He text because he wants me to join his team.'' 

You speechless. You are happy about the news and are worried about something else. ''Congrats for that. Do you want to join?'' 

''If you say yes, I'm okay with it.''

You're quite shock when he says like that. He depends the decision on you. 

''Well, it's your thing and I want the best for you. I really happy that you can join them but..'' 

''but...''

''not a thing'' you says as your eyes focus on the food when being serve by the ahjumma. 

he smiles because he can predict it. 

''.... it is because you are worried I might have fans?'' 

You almost choke when you drink the water. How can he read my mine.

You try to laugh but it seem so fake. ''No way I worry about that.''

''Then?''

You sigh, ''yes, I am. I afraid that many girls gonna have crush on you, want to know more about you, want to be your friend and they might be pretty than me.'' 

He laughs as it so not you to worry over it. But yeah, you're girl after all. The insecurities about everything is so out of control. 

He pulls your hand and interlock it. ''Aiyee, never ever you worry about that. I might have lots of fans, I might be friend with them, and true that they might be pretty than you but my eyes only lay on you and most important, you got me.'' 

You try not to smile over it but it just can't hide anymore. You smile as big as you can. 

 

Two months has passed and you are busy with the prepration of mid term and Jongdae is busy for both; mid term and basketball. They are going to have friendly with Sungkyung university and have battle for championship with Minweol University. 

''You're going to come, right? Cheers for me?'' he asks you when you're busy studying. 

You look at him; give the water to him. ''Do I have to come?''

''Yes, you should.''

''Aren't you worried?''

''For what?'' 

''The boys might have crush on me. I'm pretty at all.'' 

He laughs hardly when you say like that. ''Please girl, you are not pretty.'' He comes closer to you and whisper, ''you only pretty when you are with me.''

He kisses your forehead and start his training again. 

 

So finally, the day has arrive and you are nervous for him. You want him to win so bad because he has train for it about months. You give a kiss on his forehead before he is in the basketball court. 

They are so many people in Minweol's University basketball court. All of them are mostly their students. 

The game start at 1500 and the referee blow the whistle. 

On the first quarter, the old team will play and Jongdae will sit with the rest with the coach. 

Eventhough he still not playing, you keep cheering for team to win. 

The Minweol's players are very reliable in playing basketball because on the first quarter, they are leading. 

First quarter end with 20-14. Jongdae's coach give hint to them how to get the point as he already realise the way Minweol's players play the game. 

After a while, second quarter start and it so intense because both team want to win the game. 

The second quarter both of them are 42-42.

On the third quarter, Jongdae is in the court with the leader who is a sharp shooter.  10 minutes has pass and our basketball team is leading; 55-60. 

On the fourth quarter, the game is so intense as each team keep trying their hard to keep up the pointer.

Jongdae sets up the alley oop to the leader for Raehwan. 

With 0.10 seconds left, Jongdae receives a half-court inbounds pass, rotate 180 degrees and nail the three pointer at the buzzer for win. 

Jongdae and the team are crying so badly as they win the game with 75-88. You are crying too because you could watch your boyfriend's game and he win.