Chapter 7

Textbooks and Tears (Under construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoon-Mi... it's been two days now! You need to go back to school. What happened at school that made you this way?" My mom said as she was sitting at the edge of my bed. I was curled into fedal position, the same position I have stayed in for the past two days. "I don't want to talk about it" I said softly. I heard my mom sigh before she got up and left my room.

I sighed as I rolled onto my back. I stared up at the ceiling. I didn't want to be bothered by anyone or anything. My phone soon vibrated and I opened a text that I received from Luhan.

Lulu: You still aren't coming to school?

Me: No, a few more days.

Lulu: Take as much time as you need; I understand. Will your mom be alright if I came over to deliver your homework?

Me: I dont know, let me ask.

I rolled myself out of bed and downstairs. I checked around the entire house and looked in the kitchen to make sure she wasn't in there. She wasn't here. I found a note sitting on the kitchen counter. "Went to work early today, I'll be home by 6pm. Remember to eat and pick up Yoon-Jo from school. Love mom!"

I pulled out my phone to text Luhan back.

Me: My mom left for work, but I think it will be okay.

Lulu: Mmmmm... Alright. I'll be over right after school.

Me: Actually, I need to pick up Yoon-Jo, so Ill meet you in front of the elementry school.

Lulu: Okay, see you then.

 

I turned and looked at the clock. It was barely noon and I was starving. I walked over to the fridge and opened it up, there wasn't anything I could make; same goes for the cupboards, empty. Sighing, I grabbed some money from my wallet and left my house. 

Walking around the streets, I found a small ddeukbukki stall. I was hesitant to go in as it looked strangely familiar. I soon made eye contact with the stall owner. I took a step back and this strangely familiar face. "Yoon-Mi?" the older lady muttered. "Do I...know you?" I asked.

"Omo! It is you. Wow! You have grown to be so big! I haven't seen you since you were young when your appa would take you here." the lady said beaming. It was then that I remembered, "Mrs, Ok?" I asked. She quickly hugged me.

"It's been about 7 years since I've seen you! How is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter