Chapter 15

Textbooks and Tears (Under construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The awkward tension between Jongin and I became amplified when Jongin asked me, "Your mom said you were at the dance, how come I didn't see you?". I felt like my heart dropped to my stomach. My mouth became dry and my palms became sweaty. "I sat in the back the whole time" I lied. He snorted in laughter, "Who goes to the dance just to sit?". I awkwardly laugh to fill the void. 

We reached my house and I showed Jongeun to Yoon-Jo's room. I knocked on the door, "Yoon-Jo, I have a surprise for you. Can I come in?" I asked. "Yeah" I heard from inside. "Go in" I told Jongeun who opened the door and walked inside. I could hear Yoon-Jo gasp as Jongeun walked in. I smiled to myself and turned around to see Jongin staring at me weirdly. 

"What?" I asked, blinking quickly. "How come you seem like a different person here compared to at school?" he cocked his eyebrow. I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm the same person, you're just too biased to see." I began walking downstairs. I met eyes with mom who looked extremely mad; the first thought that popped in my head was my teacher.

"I called your mom to talk about your grades and possibly a tutor".

When my mom saw Jongin her whole expression changed as he greeted her. "Oh! Jongin-ah, you are here too! Great I have something to ask of you!" she cooed. Please mom, don't do what I think you are going to do!. "What is it?" he asked, putting his hands in his pant pocket. "Yoon-Mi's grades are dropping and I want to know if you are able to tutor her!" my moms' eyes glistened waiting for his answer. Jongin looked at me and then back at my mom. "I would love to, especially after her tutoring me, I feel like I owe her" he smirked. My mom cupped her hands in joy. "Daebak! Yoon-Mi, show him to your room!" my mom ushered us out. 

I hate that my mom is so biased just because she is now close with Jongins' mom. Why can't she be this excited when I brought Luhan over? I get the "NO BOYS" rule and scolding, but I have a feeling she is going to force Jongin and I together. Should I lie to get her to hate him?

I showed Jongin into my room, he stared around. "Your room isn't what I would have expected." he murmerred. "What is that suppose to mean?" I asked, slight offended. "I mean, with all the girls rooms I've been in... yours seems less like a room and more of a library. I mean, look at this book shelf. You probably have more than the school library" he stated as he looked through the bookshelf. "I mean, come on! Look at this big book!" he said as he pulled out my hollow book that I kept my makeup in.

"STOP" I shouted as I shoved the book back into the bookcase. "Please don't touch that!" I panted. He scrunched his forehead at me, "And why not?" he asked. "It was a gift from my dad" I frowned. Jongin faced me, "Where is your dad? is he dead?" he asked. "I rather not talk about it" I said as I walked to my desk and pulled out my desk chair to sit, I didn't want to discuss my dad situation- especially not with him. 

My dad actually did give me that book. It wasn't for me hiding makeup, but he would sneak in goodies for me when I was younger and little notes for me in the morning before school. That book

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter