Chapter 4

Textbooks and Tears (Under construction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey mom... I'm going out later tonight.." I stated as I sat down at the table for lunch. Mom turned her head at me in surprise. "You are going out?? with who??" she asked curious. "Just a friend" I lied through my teeth. "A... boy friend?" she asked narrowing her eyes. My palms twitched unsure if I would be able to lie to my mom. "No... a girl friend.. her name is Rae-Mi" I said with wavering breath. 

Mom looked at me strangly before agreeing. "You must be home by 10, no matter what." she said before turning her head back to finish doing the dishes. "Can I come too noona?" asked Yoon-Jo sweetly. I smiled and ruffled his hair, "Im sorry Yoon-Jo, I'm going to the movies. I dont think you want to see a movie about girls and kissing" I smirked. Yoon-Jo made a face before saying "Ew yuck!" and running to his room. 

I decided to take a shower. Using a coconut smelling shampoo, I washed my hair diligently. After I was done, I wrapped my long hair in a towel as I picked out an outfit to wear. A nice long flowy blouse and some leggings with boots. This was my first time out on a date and I wanted to look the best I could. Putting my glasses on my face and putting my hair into a high ponytail. I went over to my bookshelf where I hid my makeup in a hollowed out book.

I put a thin layer of mascara on and a light pink gloss on my lips. I was considering putting a bit more on, but decided to keep it simple. I put on my long over the shoulder mini purse onto my shoulder with my phone and money inside and began walking down stairs. "Omo! You're going out like that?" asked my mom.

I looked down at myself, "Yeah, why?" I asked. "I dont know, you look too nice to be going out with a friend. You better not pick up any boys!" she said glaring at me. I seriously have no idea what is with my mom and not allowing me to date or wear makeup, but I know it has something to do with dad.

"Okay, Im leaving" I said as I gave Yoon-Jo a hug goodbye. I stepped outside and headed to the subway station to get to Hongdae. Getting inside the subway, my heart began to beat tremendously as I was approaching closer and closer to my destination. Do I look okay? What should I do? Does my hair look okay? 

Questions flooded my mind and finally I got out of the subway and made my way into the streets of Hongdae. I gained the courage and began walking quicker to the arcade. Finally approaching the arcade, I stopped and looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter