2 : My Parents

Little Choi's Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March, 22nd 2014

“Thankyou so much for accompanying me today auntie, and uncle!” Hyemi bowed respectly once Dara and Jiyong had sent her home.

“Aww, don’t mention it honey. I’m also happy that you had fun. Uncle Jiyong sure will buy us a lot icecream as we had before. Right uncle?” Dara turned to her beloved husband, who had his eyes widened.

“Yah! You know how much should I pay for those 30 plates of spaghetti and icecream pies?!” Jiyong whispered to her.

“Uncle said it’s okay. So, we’ll be hanging out together next time. See you soon Hyemi-ah. Don’t forget to brush your teeth!” Dara smiled and waved her palms.

“See you too auntie and uncle!” Hyemi couldn’t help but chuckled as she waved her tiny palms. With that, Kwon’s family’s car disappeared.

Hyemi sighed as she walked to the main door with a trophy on her right hand and a certificate on the another hand.

“You’re arrived, Hyemi..” Naomi, her baby sitter greeted her and bowed once Hyemi turned the knob.

Hyemi gave her cute smile to the elder, “Ne. Umm... can you put this on the cupboard and this on my room, please?” Hyemi raised her right hand, then the left one.

“Sure, Hyemi-a.” Hyemi handed her trophy and certificate to Naomi. When Naomi was about to walk away, Hyemi called her.

“Eurmm... have my parents arrived yet?” she asked as she looked down. Naomi stopped and turned to the little girl with her smile. She put it ―the trophy and certificate― on the floor first, and kneeled down.

“Hyemi-a, you know that your parents are very very busy, right? They might get home at 10 p.m or more. It’s still 7.30 p.m. You must be very tired after having a trip with aunt Dara and uncle Jiyong.” Naomi smiled before went to put Hyemi’s trophy and certificate to the said places.

Hyemi sighed and went upward her room. She threw herself to her white, One Piece-painted bed and laying on her stomach.

She took out her iPad which laid under her pillow. She opened the Talking Tom Cat app on it.

Everybody knew that if you said something, the cat would surely follow what had you said.

“Hey, a lonely Choi Hyemi’s here.” She started speaking.

“Hey, a lonely Choi Hyemi’s here.” The cat followed.

“Do you know why my parents never have any time for their own daughter?”

“Do you know why my parents never have any time for their own daughter?”

“I know they are very busy-people. But, can’t I get their love at least for a day?”

“I know they are very busy-people. But―”

The device suddenly turned off due to the ran out of its battery.

“I forgot to ask Naomi to charge this. Pfft.......” Hyemi stood up and went to charge her iPad.

She remembered that she still has a lot homeworks to do. She took all her Maths, Science, Drawing, and English books. She brought it all to the living room.

She turned the tv on, then started doing her homeworks.

There was a 7 feet-height cupboard on the tv side. It contained all of Hyemi’s trophies. Eversince she was 2 years old, she had involved a lot of competition. Like drawing, singing, and currently were olympiad and speeches. Singing must be given from her mom, while winning ilympiad and speeches must be inherited from her dad.

 

Hyemi finished all of her homeworks within an hour.

“Eh, it’s 9.15 already?” she looked at the watch which hanging on the wall. She felt like she had just sat for about 5 minutes and but the clock had hit an hour later.

After putting her stuffs on her bedroom, she went back to watch some movies. Her eyes spotted a CD that seemed unfamiliar to her.

“What kind of movie is this........?” she mumbled. The cover was gone, and there was just a picture of a husband and wife, and a son that looked up at his parents, his palm was holding his chin with that creased eyebrows. At least, that was Hyemi seeing.

Curious, she put it on the CD playe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter