8 : Odd

Little Choi's Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 6th 2015

My my a year almost passed and I'm so deeply sorry for not updatiing this story T.T I'm havng a writer's block with this story and finally I could get over with it, just about recently, a ing damn recently ohman...

So here it is! Enjoy

 

Hyemi had been hospitalized for about three days. And so far, her mom would visit around 7 to 9 in the morning. While Eunhye, unexpectedly, visited on lunch time . Of course Eunhye’s arrival wasn’t that important and beyond the lil girl’s expectations. But by the elder’s arrival, she could sense that Eunhye was really trying to get into her family. Or trying to gain her attention for specifically. And Hyemi had been suspecting based on the notes she had got a week ago, Eunhye was trying to get her appa back, literally.

She had to think fast. There was no way that Eunhye would become her step-mother. Eunhye would ask the rights to raise Hyemi from Bom. And if that really happened, her appa would espouse the said-step-mother.

She shook her head, trying to erase those unwanted possibilities. She loved her eomma, her appa, and they both being together. She would do anything to get them together.

The door being opened. Hyemi turned and her smile formed once she spotted both of her parents were stepping inside.

“Eomma, appa!” she squealed happily as her mom hugged her, flashing her bright smile.

“How are you feeling, honey?” Bom asked softly, caressing her daughter’s hair.

“I’m feeling better eomma. I’m waaaayyyy better.” Bom giggled.

“Good then, because I have a good news for you too.” Her dad spoke, gaining attention from the lil girl.

“What’s it appa?”

“You will go home soon! Since doctor said you have recovered very well, you can go home tomorrow or this evening.” Seunghyun smiled, taking steps closer to Bom’s side.

“Really?! Yippeeeee~ I wanna meet Naomi then! I miss her so much.” She pouted.

“How about eomma? Don’t you miss me too? I’ve been alone in the house with Naomi tho.” Bom stated, pretended that she was sad.

“Aish, I don’t miss you, I love you eomma!” Hyemi’s words brightened Bom up. “Wait... if you’re alone with Naomi, then what about appa? Don’t you guys sleep together?” Hyemi questioned.

Bom glanced to Seunghyun, while he glanced back. But they looked away secs later. Both Bom and Seunghyun didn’t dare to say words. Silence was filling the atmosphere. Bom began nerveous. Hyemi looked at them with that curiousity on her eyes. Little did she know that her parents were having bad relationship again.

God, not this time.

“Forget it. Can we prepare now? I miss home so bad.” Hyemi tried to liften up the mood.

“Oh ― ofcourse! Let’s get prepared then.” Bom immediately went to pack her daughter’s stuffs like clothes, books, and others. Ah, not to forget that during the hospitalized-time, she kept doing homeworks. Miss Im had called Bom to inform that Hyemi shouldn’t think about her homeworks and just focus to get recovered, but Hyemi couldn’t stay still. She kept asking Bom to tell her what hoemework she got. So Hyemi didn’t afraid about her grades anymore.

As promised, Hyemi could go home in the evening.

After finishing the admisnistration payments, Seunghyun went to his car. Hyemi and Bom had been waiting him inside the car.

Hyemi was sitting on the backseat while Bom on the co-driver seat; beside Seunghyun. The trip to their house was pretty quiet. Nobody said words. They all were drowned in their own thoughts. Especially the said parents. But Hyemi wasn’t. She was observing them both.

Aish, what happens? It’s so unusual. Appa would ask eomma some things, while she would reply it. But.. what should she reply when no questions asked?! Don’t tell me they are fighting? Seriously? Again? Why should they? For what’s sake?

Hyemi crossed her arms, thinking what would probably be the cause of her parents’ fighting. She facepalmed herself once a thought passed on her mind.

It must be Eunhye then.

She couldn’t deny it. It was obvious. That eonni really wanted to get her appa back. Another question then suddenly appeared; what did she do until appa and eomma have another fight?

***

Awkwardness still filling up the whole room, both Bom and Seunghyun’s. Hyemi was on her room, probably had slept already.

They both sat at the edge of the bed, but in the opposite direction. Their backs faced each others. No one said words, even just a letters.

“Where had you been?” Seunghyun started, breaking the silence.

“W ― what do you mean?”

“When Hyemi was hospitalized, where were you?”

“I was working, but after visiting her.” Their backs still facing each others.

Seunghyun turned, “Visiting her? You mean, came to hospital?” he frowned.

“Of course.”

“Don’t you dare to lie. Those past three days I asked Eunhye to look after Hyemi and you didn’t show up a lil bit. You should be the one who took care of Hyemi.” His voice was deeper, he was serious.

“I’m not lying. I was there, feeding her breakfast,  from 7 to 9 am. And after that I left for work.” She paused,”What ― what did she say to you?” s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter