Chapter 16 – Is It a Happy Ending?

Our "Secret" Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16 – Is It a Happy Ending?

Jeongmin woke up in a room that he recognized well. The white wall, the white bed sheet, the blue blanket with stitch doll all over the bed he would know it definitely where he was laying. However, there was no one there with him when he opened his eyes. He didn’t know how his heart doing right now. It was like everything got ripped out off his chest like he felt numb. It didn’t felt hurt but it didn’t feel fine either, it just like he already used to the pain.

He didn’t know how someone could be really stupid and dumb just like himself. He crossed the barrier when he knew that he shouldn’t. When Hyunseong came into his mind he felt sorry for Hyunseong to have someone that always gave him troubles. He is a nuisance and caused so many troubles for Hyunseong already.

I looked the nightstand beside the bed and found a book that I knew very well. It was the book that we used to read together, where he promised not to leave me. It was the book which accompany us to spend our long nights together. I wonder if he had finished reading it. Does it end with a happy ending?

“Jeongmin-ah.”

He felt a hand landed on his shoulder and startled him. It was Bora with a glass of water on his hands. The sky was still dark outside. It might be just early in the morning.   

“It will make you feel better.”

Jeongmin smiled a little as his hand grabbed the glass. He sure would feel better if he could control his heart.

“Thank you noona. I think I feel better, I will go back to my room.” Jeongmin lift his leg and felt the cold floor on his sole. A sigh come out of his lips, he sure was better. No need to be fake, he was fine enough to stand up and went to his room. When he managed to clumsily stepping into his room he locked it to prevent anyone including his two roommates. He bet that they wouldn’t come back to the dorm tonight. He just felt like he needed to be alone for a while.

“Jeongmin-ah”

I heard a knock on the door and realized that it was morning already, or afternoon? The cold wind made some noises outside the window, snow falling hard covering them.

“Jeongmin, wake up!” I heard the voice became louder and the knock became harder as they came over and over hitting my door. I stretched my arms and rubbed my eyes afterwards, trying to adjust with the light coming from the window.

“Yes hyung. Hang a second.” I walked slowly to the door and startled to receive a tight hug from our leader.

“Donghyun hyung, what’s getting into you?!” I shoved him who almost chocked me to death. A smile appeared on his lips as he cupped my face, a relieve sigh escaped from his lung.

“You okay?” He asked. I gave him a big smile.

“Why wouldn’t I?” I chuckled and walked to the kitchen before something caught my eyes.

It’s him. He is here.

With a straight face that I managed to show, I grabbed a bottle of water and gulped it down, have no desire to greet him or even say ‘good morning’ to him. I let the awkward feeling last longer than it should be. He dropped his face before walking to my stunning self, I unconsciously squeezing the bottle on my hand as I saw him stepping closer.

What the hell he wants to do?!

 As he walked closer to me I notice that he looked a little paler than usual. He has a tan skin and it would be obvious when he got sick. Was he sick?

He stood in front of me, and the atmosphere become intense as he took the bottle off my hand then put it on the kitchen counter next to me. My breathing became heavy after he closed his eyes as he needed to calm down himself.

“Jeongmin-ah.”

He said my name softly, and my heart thumping hard inside my chest. Just like, it might explode soon. After last night I pissed off because he was nowhere to be seen, now he was right in front of me. And what the f**k was wrong with him, he held my hands!

“Hyung, everyone is here. What the hell you’re doing?” I asked, a bit whispered. His hands are warm wrapping around mine. Oh god, what am I thinking about.

“I’m sorry for not coming to your birthday last night. I was kinda sick. That night when I spent the night with you made me caught flu.”

I blushed as he mentioned about that night. Ah, right. He had his shirt all wet and I let him wore it because I didn’t realize his shirt was wet, stupid me.

“Hey, I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter