Chapter 13 – Who’s Really Suffering?

Our "Secret" Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyunseong-ah, are you okay?” Bora asked as he observed how Hyunseong didn’t pay any attention to her or to the food in front of him. His chopsticks kept on trusting the donkatsu without putting that favorite food of him into his mouth.

“Eh? I will just follow you noona.”

Bora rolled his eyes as Hyunseong didn’t even hear her question. She knew that she couldn’t force the younger to give her all of his attention, but however, she also wanted to have that attention from his own husband. With pout on her lips she sighed as chewing her food lazily. When she thought about their dealing, she realized about whom is she demanding for Hyunseong’s attention? She had known her limit. Having Hyunseong beside her now had already been a miracle for her. When Bora stole a glance at Hyunseong again, the guy kept doing the same things as before. His food was barely eaten. How could she live in this kind of fake harmonic life?

“There was something between the two of you, am I right?” Bora finally spitted that question out of her control. He had been suspicious toward the two of them since long ago.

Looked up from his food, Hyunseong’s eyes were widened as he stared right into Bora’s sharp gaze.

“Wh-what, who?” He startled and tried to deny what the thing that might be Bora’s suspicion, even though he knew so well who ‘the two’ whom Bora aimed were.

 

***  

“Umma… Appa… Noona..!!!”

Jeongmin arrived at his house and knocked the door a bit too harsh. A woman in her early thirty came over him and hugged him, almost suffocating him to death.

“Noona, it’s too tight.” Jeongmin complained and tried to escape from the dead grip around his body. His noona sometimes could be too excited over a small thing.

“Hey! What are you doing here anyway? Aren’t you celebrating your birthday with other members? Something happens?” Jeongmin clicked his tongue when his noona wouldn’t stop her never ending questions.

“I’ll tell you later noona. Where are mother and father?” Jeongmin looked around but only his nephews and niece that came to his sight.

“They are going to oppa’s house. So, will you tell me what is happening?” his noona came closer and dragged him to sit on the couch.

Jeongmin sighed and rested his head on the couch, closing his eyes to restraint his mixed feeling of sadness, anger, disappointment, and a bit of jealousy. Or too much jealousy.

Looking at his noona’s children made him realized that Hyunseong also would have a kid. Jeongmin knew Hyunseong likes kids; they are awesome and always full of happiness. His parents, especially Mrs. Shim kept asking for his girlfriend and when he would get married. However, when he would be with Jeongmin, he knew the consequence. So, perhaps… perhaps Jeongmin thought it was the best decision that Hyunseong could take.

“He left.” Just a word, but his noona could quickly relate it to the one particular person.

“Jeongmin-ah, are you sure he doesn’t have any feeling for you anymore?” His noona inquired a question that Jeongmin also dying to know. If she asked for his own feeling, Jeongmin would say that he still has that feeling for Hyunseong. But Hyunseong? Jeongmin didn’t know him anymore. Jeongmin felt like he had changed to another person that he didn’t even recognize.

“He isn’t here on my birthday, what is it mean? It’s meant he doesn’t care anymore. He has a gorgeous wife beside him. So, I bet that he had got over me and forgot about me, about us.” Jeongmin couldn’t face his noona as tears streamed down his face. He couldn’t be like this forever. He was depressed. He should have already been able to get over Hyunseong and living his life witho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter