..Past part 8/ freezing the heart..

Heart of Ice

 

 

Gikwang who was still in stage tried to fathom the situation, he looked at Hyuna beside him who has a concern look on her face looking at the guest who made the ruckus, he followed her gaze only to see a pair of girls in black and while cocktail dress, the one with white dress and a mask on was supporting the girl in the black dress who had removed her mask, she looked a little pale.

 

 

“Baby? I think that girl needs to be taken to the hospital, she looks pale and about to faint” hyuna told him who was still looking at girl. He looked at his fiancé and reached for her face to look at him and smiled at her. “Ok, let me get someone to help her” he said, giving hyuna a soft pinch on her cheeks before returning his gaze to the girl in the crowd.

 

 

He can’t seem to figure it, but something is awfully familiar with the girl, he gave hyuna a quick peck on the cheeks and told his father to continue speaking before going towards the girl who was slowly making her way out, still supported by her friend.

 

 

Ryn manage to drag Yeonhee away from the crowd and into the back. She was really glad that the Old man started to speak again making the attention of the people leave them. She helped Yeonhee to sit in one of the chairs at the back and look if she’s alright.

 

 

Yeonhee’s gaze is just rooted to one spot, she was still surprised with the events that happened, she refuse to believe the things she heard, until she caught her eyes to the man currently on her mind, she suddenly had the strength back in her body when she saw Gikwang on the crowd looking around and walking towards where they are.

 

 

Ryn was utterly surprised when Yeonhee hastily stood up and looked back, she turned around to where Yeonhee was looking a while ago only to see Gikwang looking around, and finally met his eyes. The blood on her entire body boiled at soon as their eyes met, she looked at where yeonhee was only to find her out dashing away towards the hall’s exit.

 

 

“YEONHEE AH!!!” she shouted then quickly followed her friend.

 



 

 

 

Gikwang was still looking around when he caught eyes with the girl in white that he was looking for, the girl’s eyes quickly widened when she saw him, making him a little puzzle. Then he saw the girl in black abruptly run away towards the hall’s exit, then the girl in white turned around,

 

 

“hey! Wait—“ before he could continue he heard the girl in white shout a name he never thought he would hear in his party.

 

 

“YEONHEE AH!” then the girl in white quickly went after the first girl. It took him a few seconds to register the name on his head, his eyes widened in disbelief.

 

 

“Oh my…don’t tell me she’s” before he could say anything else he started to dash to where the two girls went.

 

 

 

_Yeonhee’s Pov_

My mind just went blank and I just felt my feet move on their own when I saw Gikwang, all the pain on my chest suddenly turned to hate, before I knew it I was dashing towards the door out to the hotel’s hall way. I heard Ryn calling for me, but my foot doesn’t want to stop. I’m starting to feel pain in my foot as blisters began to form as I ran with high heels, I just need to get out of here, I don’t want to see him. But before I could reach the way corner to where the elevators were, a felt a hand gripped my wrist and stopped me.

 

 

I tried to break free from the steel like grip on my wrist but it’s no use, I was just hurting myself in the process,

 

 

“stop! Stop running” said the voice that was very familiar to me, I was panting from exhaustion, but I didn’t care, I tried to escape from him,

 

“STOP!” he then yelled, I just found myself stopped moving like what he told me, still facing away from him, he tried to turn me around but I resist, biting my lips as I suppress myself from crying.

 

“Turn…turn around” he commanded, but I did not listen

 

“Look at me!” he continues, but still I didn’t want to and once again tried to be freed from his grasps

 

“I said LOOK AT ME! DAMMNIT! YEONHEE TURN AROUND!”He yelled, I was surprised when he yelled, releasing the tears that I tried to contain like waterfalls.

 

As he felt me stop from resisting he slowly turned me around, I just looked down, hiding my crying face from him. He finally succeeds from making me face him, with his still tight hold on my wrist. I wanted to stop crying for I don’t want him to see me cry for him, but my tears just kept on pouring.

 

 

“It’s you right?” he then asked with a soft voice, I didn’t look, to afraid to what I might see

 

 

“Your Yeonhee right?” he continued, hearing him say my name again felt like knife stabbing my heart, I bit my lip hard to keep myself from sobbing making my lip bleed.

 

 

“What are you doing here? I never invited you. You shouldn’t have come--“ before he can finish whatever he wanted to say, I just felt my other hand flew across his face, making him release his hold on my hands and step back a little.

 

I never knew I could slap someone, but my heart just felt so much pain, that I wanted to inflict all my hatred the the man that caused him.

 

I saw Ryn stopped from running when she saw me slap Gikwang, she must have been shocked, because all through my life I was never a violent person.

 

“I…I…don’t” I swallowed the lump that was on my throat that making it hard for me to speak, Gikwang looked at me, shock can be seen in eyes, I saw that his lip bleed from the slap that I gave him.

 

“I.DONT.WANT.TO.HEAR.IT” I stated, emphasizing every word

 

 

_Gikwang’s Pov_

 

 

Oh my Freakin… Park Yeonhee just slapped me, and I’m sure my lip is busted for I can taste blood on my mouth. I can’t believe she was capable of hurting someone, I thought she was all goody goody, but her eyes says otherwise.

 

 

“I.DONT.WANT.TO.HEAR.IT” she said, I can clearly tell that she’s very mad. And I can’t help but be surprise, I never knew that she’s the same girl that me and my friends made a bet on.

 

 

“Just it up! And leave me alone, I can clearly understand what I just saw and heard, no need to explain, I’m not stupid Lee Gikwang” she said, I am really taken aback with the Yeonhee in front of me she’s…er…pretty, no scratch that she stunning, if not for the dark aura around her and the deadly glare on her eyes that’s full of hatred.

 

 

“you…you shouldn’t have come” I tried to sound determined, and tell myself to not be intimidated with the girl in front of me, but I was dumbfounded when I saw her smile…no, it’s not a smile, it’s a smirk, an evil smirk.

 

 

“tch! Yeah, I shouldn’t have, it’s my mistake that I came here,” she said, then tilted her head a little to the side, and slowly blinked her eyes, the hatred that was on her eyes a while ago was replaced with just a blank glare, it’s just emptiness, a deadly empty glare.

 

 

“then again…I’m glad I came…because I clearly witnessed with my own eyes the biggest lie of the century that made a fool out of me” she continued, I’m clearly aware that she despise me now, and I expected it, but I never anticipated her to act like this, I thought she would just cry her eyes out or something, yes there are tear stains on her face, but her tears have stopped now, it was just something else.

 

 

“You win! I am a fool; I clearly believed all your lies. Are you happy now?” she finally said, then I notice her break her glare from me and walk away, but before she could, I grabbed her wrist again only to receive a strong blow on the face, it’s not a slap this time, she punched me, making me fall on the floor.

 

I just looked at her stand there while holding the part of my face where she hit me, with her calm but piercing glare.

 

 

“Don’t touch me, Lee Gikwang, and don’t ever approach me, EVER! If you don’t want to get more than that, from now on, let’s forget that we know each other, and I’ll gladly ignore your presence” and with that she left me, she gracefully walked to the corner, like nothing happened.

 

 

_Yeonhee’s Pov_

 

 

After that incident with Gikwang on the hotel hall way, I went inside the elevator, completely worn out, I even forgot all about Ryn, i tried hard not to cry inside the elevator because I was not alone, I didn’t even notice that the guy that asked me to dance awhile ago was the same guy I’m with now, I was a little surprise when he handed out a light pink handkerchief with a bunny design,

 

 

if it was a common situation I would just chuckle with the site of the handkerchief, but I just found myself reaching for it.

 

“thank you” was all I could say,


 

“a pretty girl like you shouldn’t cry” I heard him say, then I found out that tears were just involuntarily coming out from my eyes, he smiled at me, and although his face was still covered with a mask, I knew that it was a genuine smile, his eyes proved it. I smiled back and bowed, and then I heard the elevator ring, stating that it reached the desired floor.  It was in the lobby, so I decided to go out first, once I was out I heard him call—

 

 

“Take care” I looked back and saw him bow before the door closed.

 

 

(flashback ended)

 

 

_present time_

 

 

….still yeonhee’s pov

 

Back then I knew that I was very mad, but after I went out of that elevator, I forgot all the anger, it’s very funny, because I think that masked guy hypnotized me, but I’m glad I run into him, at least he made me forget for a while. Although it hurt back then, I’m glad it happened, because I’d choose the present me anytime rather than my previous self.

 

 

*Oh…it’s raining, im glad we already took the bus, or else Ryn and I will end up drenched*

 

 

_normal Pov_

 

 

Yeonhee was a bit startled when Ryn handed out a couple of tissue to her, she looked at her friend whose eyes were closed while listening on her ipod. Ryn opened and eyes and gave her a questioning look. Ryn beamed her sweet smile then traced her own cheeks from the eyes down ward saying tears, then pointed at Yeonhee.

 

Still confused yeonhee touched her face, and found out that she was crying, and then look back at Ryn, who gave her again a sweet smile. Yeonhee reached for the tissues and wiped her face, and mouthed back “komawo”.