…Past part 6/ Masquerade...

Heart of Ice

 

 

_Yeonhee’s Pov_

 

We were in front of the 5 star hotel that Gikwang’s party will be held, we were already 30 mins. Late and still people with masks like us are still entering the vicinity. I looked at Ryn who was beside me, we were still inside the car that Ryn’s parents provided us. She looks very calm while I’m already fainting inside me.

“umm…Jinryn ah~” do you think we should wait a little while more” I asked her, I was really very nervous, I know that I planned this and all but, I’m freaking my self out.

“I think we need to enter also” she said while looking outside the car

“aiish…are you sure, I think we need to wait more” I said more in a pleading way than just saying

“ya! Were already 30 minutes late the party already stated awhile, if you really want to do this, then lets go” she said, as she reached for the cars door, but I immediately stopped her.

“WAIT!!! Wait wait wait” I shouted,

“I just need a little time to breath” I added, she was now clearly annoyed by me

“Park Yeonhee!’ she snapped

“I know, I know, why don’t you go out of the car first and give me a minute then I’ll go out and I promise ill be very calm and poised then” I told her, she just sighed

“you should be very calm and very lady like after a minute, also put your mask on before you get out ok” she then said then went out on her side of the car and leaned in the door.

I breath very hard and tried to calm myself, I need to be very calm and poised, I don’t want to ruin Ryn’s effort, after a while I put on my mask and deeply breath in and out before going out on the other side of the car.

Ryn looked at me and I smiled at her, she was already also wearing her mask, I gave her a smile as an assurance that I’, already fine, although my heart still kept on pounding on my chest like it wants to get out. She then gave a little instruction to her driver and we both started our way inside the hotel.

 

_Ryn’s Pov_

 

I really tried to keep my cool in front of Yeonhee, I clearly know that she freaking out, so I don’t want to add up.

After I gave a simple instruction to our driver we then went inside the hotel, I was kindda familiar with this kind of gathering for my parents tried to bring me to a few of their gatherings. I and Yeonhee have the same family status but I know that she’s never been to one of these gatherings, whenever her parents try to drag her to these kinds of gatherings she’ll just run away to our house or just lock herself in her room, that’s why I clearly know why she’s very fidgety right now.

We finally entered the hall were Gikwang’s party is being held, and oh my gosh, its more than I expected, I’m clearly aware that almost the population of our school will be arriving but I think it’s more than that, the party is very glamorous, it’s just very fitting for the Mr. Popular guy of our school.

I looked at Yeonhee and I’m a little surprised that she’s calm now, I can totally feel that she’s starting to gain confidence on herself, well, she should be, she’s freaking gorgeous.

“Ryn ah~” there’s so many people” she said while looking around her

“What do you expect your namjachingu is very popular and capable” I told her and she just smiled and was still looking around her, I think I know what she’s doing

“it will be a little difficult for you to see Gikwang, there so many people and we are wearing mask” I whispered to her, she then nodded

I also looked around us, trying to recognize people behind their mask, and its clearly very hard, Yeonhee is doing the same. A waiter with a tray of wine passed our way and I grabbed two wine glass and gave the other one to Yeonhee.

“ya~ I don’t drink” she whispered

“Just to calm your nerves” I answered as I started to sip my drink, she also did the same and I almost spit the wine I just sipped when she grimaced after tasting the wine

“It’s just in the beginning, the more you drink, the better it will taste” I then whispered to her, she nodded and tried to taste the wine again, and this time she didn’t grimaced.

I smiled at her and continued to drink my wine while looking around, there are many eligible guys here, although their faces are covered with mask’s I can clearly tell that they are good looking. Then while looking around I saw the guy that we were here for, it’s Gikwang.

 

_Yeonhee’s Pov_

 

It’s not really my first time drinking some alcoholic beverages, it’s just that I don’t really like the taste of wine, I’m  much used to drinking soju, but little by little this wine that Ryn gave me is starting to taste fine.

I’m still looking around me like Ryn, I’m trying to look for Gikwang, but because everyone is wearing a mask it’s very difficult, then the music played and one by one people are entering the dance floor with their partner to dance.

I finished the wine that I was drinking so returned it to the tray when a waiter passed us again, Ryn did the same thing, and we just watched the people dancing.

Suddenly Ryn is lightly elbowing me, I turned to her then noticed that a man is beside her and asking her to dance, I just nodded at her as a sign that it’s ok, she smiled back then went in the dance floor with her partner.

I was all smiling widely as I watch my friend dancing with an unknown guy, and how I wish Gikwang’s here to dance with me too, then suddenly I heard a man clear his throat, I looked at him he looked very handsome with his tux although his face is covered with a simple butterfly shaped white mask

I can clearly say that he’s good looking just by looking at his eyes, they were alluring and also with his charming smile.  I was just a little taken a back when he held out his hand, is he asking me to dance with him?