..Past part 7/ First Heart Break..

Heart of Ice

 

_normal pov_

 

Yeonhee stayed rooted to where she was blinking a few times at the stranger holding out his hands to her, it took her a few seconds before it sink into her that the man in front of him indeed is asking to dance with her, she was about to reach for the guys hand but before she could the music that lingered a while ago suddenly stopped and her friend Ryn came running to her.

 

 

“I’m sorry will you excuse us” Ryn smilingly said to the guy that was in front of her friend, the guy was also a little a taken a back with her sudden appearance just like Yeonhee, before Ryn could completely pull her away from the guy she slightly bowed as an apology and meekly smiled at him, the guy also bowed as a reply.

 

She was pulled by Ryn a little far in the corner of the room, then her friend abruptly stopped and faced her, but before she could speak she cutted her out first - “Ya! That was a little rude don’t you think,”.

 

“I know, and I’m sorry,” Ryn said with her apologetic face, thou her face is covered with a mask, Yeonhee just rolled her eyes and glanced back from where the guy was, she saw him starting to walk away while scratching the back of his head, *aigoo, now I feel bad for that guy* she thought.

 

“Yeonhee ah!” the voice of her friend snapped her out from her thoughts, she turned to her friend with her with her yes-what-is-it expression.

 

“I think the program will start” her friend said while glancing at her back, with curiosity she looked at where her friend was looking and saw that the MC of the party was already at the small improvise stage.

 

 

The MC started to greet all the guest a good evening, and blabbered with stuff about the party, she felt her friend nudged her a bit, she looked at her and Ryn was pointing out to her using her eyes something.

 

“huh? What” said, she still followed her friends gaze and saw the very same man that she was looking for.

 

 

“oh its Gikwang” he was at the side of the stage talking with a. elegant looking elderly, he was just nodding with what the man was saying to him, and by the looks of it, the man seemed to be his father. Yeonhee turned to look at her friend,

 

“Is that his dad?” she asked, with her eyes still locked on Gikwang

 

“I think so” was all Ryn said, she unknowingly nodded as a response, thinking if she will approach him or just wait until he will be alone, battling against herself she leaned a little to Ryn to ask her opinion,

 

“Do you think I should approach him” she simply whispered to her, too afraid that someone might hear, Ryn paused for a while, thinking, before she looked at her, - “uhh…I think maybe later, he is still talking with his dad, and I think he will go up stage that’s why he’s there” she said, as she points where Gikwang was.

 

“ohh..” was all she could say, Ryn then suddenly turned Yeonhee around to face her, she was a little surprise but quickly regained  her stance and saw Ryn eyeing her.

 

“W…what?” Ryn was still looking at her, with a pout, eyeing her from head to toe.

 

“I’m just checking you, we need to make sure your still presentable, seeing that Gikwang is with his Dad, there will be a chance that you could meet him too” Yeonhee just gave her a oh-yeah-your-right expression while slowly nodding her head.

 

“And maybe…” her eyebrows quickly creased with Ryn’s unfinished statement

 

“maybe….?” she trailed, imitating her friend’s tone

 

 “You know, he could introduce you to his father, and finally your relationship could be brought out to public” she said beamingly while wriggling her eye brows, Yeonhee gasped a little with what she said and she started to feel her heart make bu-dump-dump sounds.

 

“so… we need to see to it that you maintain presentable arasso, and don’t drink wine anymore you might get drunk or anything” she continued while yeonhee were still dazed and in her own world thinking what if Gikwang really does that, she snapped out of her thoughts when Ryn started talking again.

 

“aigoo, see, your brooch is crooked and not properly pinned, I know you love this pin, and if this falls, you’re not getting another from me” she said,

 

 

Yeonhee look down on where she was fixing her brooch, it was Ryn’s gift to her as a friendship sign before they both entered high school, Yeonhee smiled while gazing her friend being busy fixing her outfit and all.

 

“there” she said, satisfied with what she did, Yeonhee just smiled warmly to her friend

 

“and stay neat…” She then added, she notice that Yeonhee was sjust staring at her, -“what?”

 

“huh? Ahh…nothing…I’m just glad that you came with me, without you I can’t do this at all, thank you Jinryn ah~” Yeonhee said, still looking at her friend and reached for her hands.

 

“tch…aigoo, mushy much…I just want you to be happy ok, if this is what will make you happy, being with that jerkasorous, then I’m all up to it, but, don’t let me see him making you cry, or I’ll break every bones in his body” Ryn said as she crossed her arms on her chest.

 

“arasso…” was all Yeonhee can say, she was cut when she heard the Mc mentioning the celebrant to go on stage with his father.

 

All they guest including Yeonhee and Ryn looked at their direction, Gikwang was all smiling and he looked very happy, and his father grab a hold of the microphone to say something.

 

“ohh…its starting” whispered Ryn to Yeonhee’s ears, the latter gulped anxiously, a waiter walked by and she grabbed two glasses of wine like Ryn did earlier and gave the other one to her friend. She calmly sipped her wine, ignoring the still taste that she doesn’t like, and held the glass with both of her hands tightly, hoping to calm her nerves.

 

“chill” Ryn whispered to her, she looked at her friend and nodded, then returned her gaze to the stage before inhaling deeply, *I hope I could do well, I really want to be with Gikwang already*

 

“Good Evening to all of you, thank you for coming to my son’s birthday party,…” the Mr. Lee said, he continued talking about stuff, and Yeonhee kept her gaze to Gikwang, who looked very excited, all smiling to himself,-“but today, its not only my son’s birthday, we also have another thing to announce…” Mr. Lee trailed

 

Yeonhee looked at Ryn and she did the same, both with curious expressions on their face, and quickly returned their eyes on the old man speaking.

 

“Tonight, I will personally announce the engagement of by beloved son Lee Gikwang” Mr. Lee said, as he held his sons shoulders, Gikwang immediately had that wide smile on his face.

 

“ENGAGEMENT?” Ryn suddenly blurted out, loud enough to get the attention of some of the people around them, she quickly apologized and bowed and faced Yeonhee who was stupefied, her eyes were opened widely and slightly open because of shock.

 

“What engagement? Did Gikwang proposed to you?” Ryn whispered to Yeonhee’s ear, the latter just shook her head, not able to speak because she feels that her heart might give up on her from too much beating. *e…en…gage...ment? Will he propose to me?* still bewildered with the situation she’s in.

 

Everyone from that room also started buzzing like bees with the sudden announcement, Ryn had her eyes locked on Gikwang, with arms still crossed on her chest and giving the guys death glares - *I don’t feel good about this, something is definitely wrong with this setup, considering Gikwang never invited Yeonhee in this party, we just gate crashed for effin’s sake, and I don’t think they are talking about Yeonhee*

 

The entire crowd’s attention went to the stage when Mr. Lee cleared his throat and continued speaking, “I’m entirely honored to present to you my future daughter in law…” the old man said, with that Yeonhee’s heart beat doubled its beat, she bit her lip and her grip on the wine glass tightened more.

 

“The heir of Kim enterprise”

 

 

*wait what Kim enterprise* Ryn thought,

 

 

“Ms. Kim Hyuna” the old man finally stated as he presented the young girl that came out of the room upstairs and is now walking alluringly down, the crowd applauded as the men awed the beauty presented to them

 

 Ryn’s eyes widened in shock as her hands involuntarily dropped to her sides, she looked back at Yeonhee who was in the same state at her, super taken aback, the glass she’s holding threatening to break from her grasped.

 

Yeonhee just kept her gaze on Gikwang who came to the lady that was just introduced, she saw how Gikwang was smiling to the girl, his eyes overflowing with emotions that she never saw when Gikwang was with her. She saw Gikwang offered her his arms, which the girl immediately wrapped her own arms with and flash him her sweet loving smile which the man replied with his own loving smile.

 

Ryn uncomfortably laid the glass of wine she was holding to the table near them and went to Yeonhee to hold her shoulder, only to find her friend trembling.

 

*! This is not good* she thought

 

“yeonhee ah~, calm down, breath slowly, don’t hold your breath” Ryn tried to tell her, but it’s like she can’t hear anything, all she can see is the loving couple in front of her, she felt her heart cracked when Gikwang whispered something to the lady beside him and gave the man a peck on the cheeks on return, Ryn’s attention returned to the old man when he started speaking again.

 

“My son and Hyuna decided to get married after their four years relationship, Hyuna just returned from Europe a few days ago from her studies” the old man declared.

 

Yeonhee can’t seem to register the words from her head, she heard them clearly, but it seemed like they were just words without meaning, she started to have hard time breathing, and shakingly removed her mask hoping to relieve the tightening of her chest, Ryn tried to calm her, but nothings working, she just held her friends shoulders, afraid that Yeonhee might collapse any minute now, *aish! I need to get Yeonhee out of here*, but before she could do anything Mr. Lee started talking again.

 

“I’m very happy for these two, and I willingly give them my blessings, their wedding will be held two months from now, it’s a little sudden, but it seems that these lovely duo already planned these a year ago, they are just too stubborn to let us know, so I wish—“before Mr. Lee could finish his statement, he was cut with a ruckus from the crowd.

 

 

Yeonhee felt her knees give up making her stumble a little but Ryn caught her, refraining her from collapsing,  the glass wine on her hand slipped and fall on the floor and smash to smithereens, giving them all the attention of the guest in that room, specially the people on the stage.

 

 

Yeonhee was still in daze, oblivious from the look of the people giving her. Ryn who is aware to all of this can’t help but to blush from the sudden attention they were receiving, but she doesn’t mind 1. Because she still has her mask on and 2. Yeonhee was starting to break down,

 

 

“yeonhee ah~, can you walk? I need to get you out of here” she tried to shake her friend, hoping to wake her from her sanity.

 

Yeonhee who was now a little conscious with Ryn’s continuous plead to get a grip composed herself, and tried to stand straight although her legs are still shaking, she looked at her friend who have the you-need-to-get-a-hold-of-your-self- look, and nodded as assurance that she’s ok.