..Past part 2/with him..

Heart of Ice

 

_Yeonhee’s Pov_

 

I know Ryn is just worried about me, especially every time that I reminisce that event that happened 3 years ago, it’s still so fresh in my memory, the pain still lingers in my bones as I think about him…

3 years ago, we were still in on our senior year in high school, like now, Ryn and I are inseparable, were in the same class and pretty much everything is the same, except for one thing…I was no near any miss popular, or even noticeable in our school, I was a mere ordinary student, for real this time. Yeah I still got that milky complexion but it was all covered with my geeky-ness, yes you heard it right, I was a geek, a certified science and math club member.

 I didn’t even bother for just a bit about my appearance, my school uniform is my all time favorite outfit, with messy ponytails, converse shoes, black rimmed glasses, braces, and a back pack full of books, my day is all set. I didn’t even tried to look good, I was all focus on studying, reading and all sorts of schools stuffs, and then I met him, Lee Gikwang.

He was one of those popular kids in our campus, a track and field varsity player, Mr. Gentleman, who girls usually drools for, well not me. I was too focused on studying to be bothered with boy stuff, I don’t even really know him at first, just his name and that he’s popular, that’s all. Not until our path crossed, and how he started being friendly towards me.

He befriended me, yes, a geek like me, I was wondering at first and in doubt with his intentions, but because I was too naïve back then, I didn’t really saw his real intentions. We easily became friends because he was too nice, too sweet, and very gentlemanly, all things that you would look for a potential boyfriend.

(flashback)

I was waiting for Ryn’s class to end, and decided to read a book under our favorite tree were we usually meet. I was already immersed in reading when someone surprised me.

“HUWAHH!” he jumped out from behind the tree, I was really startled that I accidentally threw the book that I was holding on him and it his his face, under his eyes more specifically.

“yah! Don’t sneak on me like that” I shouted at him, and I notice that he was holding his face

“awww…that hurts” Gikwang exclaimed

“omo, did I hit you…” I asked worriedly

“ahh…appo” he whined

“aiish….chincha…omo, I really didn’t mean to throw my book at you, I was just really startled” I explained as I approach him and assist him next to where I was a while ago.

“ahhhh…” he still whined as he covers his face

“omo, eottokke…should I call the nurse…should we go to the clinic” I said while panicking, I was really worried that I hurt him badly, and it looks like he was really hurt badly

“ahh, anyi, anyi, kwenchana, I’m fine” he said, but I was really panicking

“omo, wait ill call the nurse” I said as I was going to run to the clinic, he suddenly pulled me that made me sit next to him

“wait, anyi, I was just joking, I’m fine” he said as he uncover his face laughing

“ya!” I just exclaimed dumbfounded with him

“hahaha, you should have seen you face, you were so funny” he said as he laugh more

“ya! Lee Gikwang!!! Chogule!!!” I said as started to hit him

“ahh, ahh, mian, mian, I was just joking, sorry…I won’t do it again” he said as he grab my hands preventing me on hitting him more

“aiish!!!” I just gave up and turned my back at him

“Ohh…sorry, ok, I’m really sorry” he said now with a serious face, I didn’t respond and just pouted, my back still facing him

“Chincharoo…jaimotheso…arraso…I won’t do it again...I swear” he promised with his hand raised like he was oath taking, I face him now, but still pouting.

“Chincha??” I asked him like a little kid

“Ne, promise” he said as he gave me his sweetest smile

(Flashback ended)

I really treated him as true friend, and with each days passing by, we became really close. And I admit I was starting to like him more, not only as a friend, but as a man, I just don’t say it for I know it’s impossible for a popular guy like him to like a nerd like me, and just kept my feelings for myself. Not until one day…

 

(Flashback)

“ya! Where are you? I didn’t see you all day” I was talking with Ryn on the phone

“What? You’re sick? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Oh, so that’s why you didn’t went to your class today”

“Ah, arasso…”

“Ne, I’m fine, don’t worry, I can go home by myself”

“Ne, get well soon”

“Ne, arasso, I’ll call you when I get home”

“Ne, bye” and with that our conversation ended,

“Ahh, if I only knew she was sick I didn’t have to wait for her” I thought to my self

“Aissh…and I think it’s going to rain any time now, just my luck” I said as I went my way home

Our driver is on leave that’s why I can’t call someone to pick me up, I had no choice but to go home alone, I walked my way into our school entrance, and by the time I reached the school gate the rain started to fall.

I ran out the school campus and went under a shady tree, I stayed there for a while thou I was still being drench in rain water, I started to look for my umbrella in my bag, but I wasn’t able to find it, then I remembered that I changed my bag, and my umbrella was on my previous bag.

“aiish…” I exclaimed in frustration

The bus stop was kindda far from where I was and little by little I was being totally drenched in the rain, my mind was battling if I were to run to the bus stop or wait for a taxi, but because it’s raining hard there are no taxi in site. I was startled when someone came near me and pulled me close to him as he covers both of us with his jacket.

“Oh, oppa…” I just said,

“Why are you letting yourself be drench with rain” Gikwang said as he was looking at the road, maybe he was also looking for a taxi

“ahh, I thought I have my umbrella, that’s why I stopped here, but I guess I didn’t bring my umbrella after all” I said in a apologetic tone, I thought I saw him smirk but maybe I was just imagining things because my glasses were kindda foggy.

“aiish…” I heard him exclaimed

“There’s no taxi around” he said with annoyance

“Ne, I also was waiting for one” I just said to him, he looked at me then smiled and said

“It looks like we need to run to the bus stop and wait there, if we stay here, we will get very wet” he said to me

“Huh…”is all I could say

“Let’s go, ok” he asked as he looks at me, waiting for my response

“Ah, ne” I just said and we started to run to the nearest bus stop

We were a little panting as we reached the bus stop’s waiting shed, no one was around so we didn’t have to struggle for shade, and I quickly stepped away from him because we were too close and my face is starting to blush. We waited for a taxi or a bus to arrive but nothing is coming and it’s still raining hard.

As the cold wind blew I started to feel cold because my clothes are wet, especially my back, but I just endured it, I didn’t notice that I was shaking and I think he noticed. He came closer and wrapped his jacket to me, I just looked at him for I was surprised, and he just smiled at me as an answer.

We still waited but really nothing is coming, and because his jacket is also wet it didn’t help that much and I started to chill more.

“Ahhh…why isn’t there any taxi coming” I heard him exclaimed, then he looked at me, I saw a surprised expression on his face then he came closer to me

“Yeonhee shii~, kwenchana? Are you still cold” he asked me

“ahhnyi…”I just said, but my voice didn’t cooperate

“buya…your definitely not alright, come close to me” he said as he pulled me close to him, I was really startled with what he did

“anyi, anyi, im fine” I said as I backed away from him

“aiish…babo!” he said then pulled me close again, now he made me face him

“Look your lips are so pale because of the cold” he said then he hugged me, my eyes grew big and my jaw dropped with what he did and couldn’t move because of too much shocked.

“There, both of us will be warmed if we do this” he said, I’m still a bit dazed that I couldn’t say anything, we stayed in that position for more than a minute then he gently released me from his hug then faced me and looked me straight in the eyes, and yes I was blushing too much right now.

“You know” he started

“I know this is not the right time for me to say this but…” he paused; I was just staring at him

“Yeonhee, I really like you” he said then gave me a shy smile; I felt my heart thump so loud inside my chest that as if it wants to be released.

I was too dazed that I can’t say anything to him; I just stayed staring at him with my mouth slightly open

“I really really like you, seriously” he added, I just blinked a few times, for I cannot believe what I was hearing

“buya? Am I dreaming?” I thought to my self

“Oppa…”I manage to say, and with that his face slowly went down, I quickly closed my eyes then I felt him kissed my forehead.

“I know your startled, I’ll wait for your answer” he said, I opened my eyes and found him smiling at me, then suddenly a taxi drove by, he quickly hailed it and guided me inside,

“You take this first, I’ll wait for another one, quickly change when you get home before you get sick okay” he said, then smiled again at me then closed the taxi’s door.

(Flashback ended)

At that time I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world, I was so happy that after that incident we became much closer, although I was so shy at first it didn’t last long until I really fell for his charm, so much for being smart.