Girlfriend

Triangle Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I finished my breakfast and got up from the chair. I grabbed my school bag that was on the chair next to me and bid my parents a goodbye. I walked through the hallway to the front door. I took out my sneakers from the shoe rack and put them on.



I turned the door knob and walked exiting the house.



In the middle of walking to school, I suddenly stopped my steps. The words that Jongin said before is now lingering in my mind.



"I will wait for you here everyday."   "I will wait for you here everyday."   "I will wait for you here everyday."



I blinked my eyes.



"He's probably just joking around." I muttered under my breath and continued walking again.



"But what if he really waits for me?" I thought to myself. This is so confusing.



I stopped my steps once again. I scratched my head in confusion. I'm not sure if Jongin is really waiting for me or not.



I sighed deeply.



"There's no harm if I take that route again for today, right?" I mumbled, persuading myself. "I will get to see the beautiful Autumn trees again."



I nodded to myself and smiled. I turned myself around and took the another road to school, just in case Jongin really waits for me. Even if he's not, I have nothing to loss.


 

*****



The weather is becoming chillier day by day. It must mean that the winter is getting closer. I sighed at the thought of winter. I really can't stand cold weather. My body is way too weak for it.



I can say that I am not make for the cold weather. I can easily catch a cold especially during the winter. I can still clearly remember last year's Christmas. Everyone was happily celebrating it with their families and friends, but I was laying on my bed celebrating Christmas with a runny nose.



I heave out another sighed as I was walking to school. I definitely don't want to celebrate Christmas with a runny rose again this year!





"What are you sighing for?"



I heard a voice whispered through my right ear. I jumped out in surprised. I felt like 10 years of my life span was shorten.



I looked at my right side. Who the hell was the person that surprised me? My mouth slightly opened upon looking at the person.



"Jongin?" I blurted out.



He happily nodded and flashed me a smile.



Damn! I can't get mad at him after seeing him smiling like that. I emitted a sighed.



"Don't surprise me like that." I said.



"I didn't mean to." He cutely exclaimed and pouted, "I have called out your name for a few times but you just walked passed by me."



"R-Really?"



He nodded his head, "Yes. It seems like you were completely immersed in your own thoughts."



I awkwardly let out a small laughed. Did I really just walked passed by him just now? I didn't notice him at all. 



"Anyway, thank you." Jongin remarked as he was walking alongside me. I looked at him and pinched my eyebrows in confusion.



"For what?" I confusedly queried.



"For taking this route today." He said as his lips curved upwards. "I'm really happy and thankful."



I blankly looked at him with a puzzled looking face of mine. I really don't get him. He's really weird. It really was not something for him to be happy and thankful about.



Jongin noticed the face that I was making. Without any hesitation, he patted my head and smiled saying something to me as if he could read my mind. Does he has some kind of power or what?



"Well, you said that you don't use this route often. So, I thought you were not using it today. That's why I'm really glad you came." He uttered as he was gently patting my head. Am I a dog or what? He keeps patting my head. I am used to it now.



"I took this route today only because you told me that you will wait for me. I don't want you to get a detention for being late to school because of me." I told him with a straight face.



He just smiled like a little kid. I heave out a long sighed. Is smiling the only thing he can do? He really don't get the situation here. What if I really thought of what he said before as a joke and used the different route today?



"Seriously, I thought you were just joking when you told me that before. What if I didn't come? You will make me feel bad." I nagged at him but he just happily smiled like there is no worries  at all in his life.



"But you did come. That's all that matters to me."



I was speechless. No matter what I said, he just won't get it, isn't he? All I can do was emitted another long and deep sighed of mine.



"That's why, even for tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or the next day after tomorrow or the next next day onward, you have to use this route..." He excitedly said as a smile crept on his face.



"...because I will  be here waiting for you everyday."



I almost choked by his words. What was that for? Why he said that? I furrowed my eyebrows as I was a little confused by what he had said.



"And may I know why you're doing that?"



He gave me the warmest smile ever before replying to my question, "Because I want to go to school together with you."



I slightly chuckled at his answered. I don't know why I found it funny. "Geez, why would you want that? I'm not even your girlfriend." I joked around.

 


"Then, do you want to be my girlfriend?" Jongin blurted that out making me abruptly turned my head towards him. We stopped our little steps.



My eyes went big and round as a globe. My mouth slightly opened as I was so surprised by that statement of his. I looked at him and he looked at him. We stared at each other for like 10 seconds then we both diverted our gazes to somewhere else.



The silence overtook us.



I lightly shook my head, trying to regain back my composure. He was probably just joking. Yeah, he didn't mean it. There's no way he means it for real. That's it!

 

I let out a small chortle once I realize that we have become way too quiet as none of us both are talking.



"Stop joking around, Jongin." I noted as I was still giggling. "I don't want to get my hair pulled again."



Jongin also let out a small laugh after I said that. I'm sure that he was recalling about the day when I got my hair pulled by his sister. Or should I correct myself, his stepsister.



"That's true indeed." He playfully commented. We then continued our way to school. Enough with all the chatting or else we're gonna be real late.


 

*****



We entered the school gate and walked through the hallway to our classroom. Was it just my imagination or I could feel like some pair of eyes were staring intensely at me as I walked passing by them? Plus, I could also hear the girls were whispering among themselves.



Seriously, I don't like this. I really hate getting attention from strangers. I never received this kind of attention before. I am a type of person that is difficult to socialize with others.



I tried to think of all the reasons about why I am getting the attention of many students. Was it because I'm coming to school with Jongin? But why? Is Jongin some kind of a popular guy in our school?



Just when I was immersed in my own thoughts, I caught a glimpse of a very familiar person across me from afar that was walking straight to my direction. Even from far away, I could perfectly tell who was that person. He must be on his way back to his classroom after sending Soomin to her classroom.



I immediately stopped my steps, which made Jongin looked at me in confusion.



He arched a brow, "What's the matter?"



"I-I n-need to use the t-toilet! Y-You just go ahead first." I told and walked away in a rush, leaving Jongin dumbfounded.



"Pheww!" I let out a relief kind of sighed once I got away from seeing that person. But, wait! Why am I avoiding him in the first place? It's not like I did anything wrong. Right? Stupid me! I'm sure I looked like a fool when avoiding him just now. Oh, God!



I cupped my face with both of my hands in embarrassment.


 

*****

 



I slowly walked entered the classroom, making my way straight to my seat; that was by the windows. Jongin noticed me entering the classroom and gave me a smile. I smiled back at him.



Soomin too was already in the classroom, sitting at her seat beside mine while reading some kind of book.



"Good morning." I greeted her and settled myself down on the chair.

 

 

Soomin took a quick glance at me and replied, "Oh, you're here? Good morning too!" Then her eyes were back to the book.



"What book are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter