A Promise

Triangle Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was waiting at the front door. It had been almost ten minutes, do I need to wait more?

 

 

I breathed out a heavy sigh and take a look of time at my wrist watch. I'm going to be late like this.

 

 

I finally reached my limit of waiting.

 

 

"Park Jihoon! Hurry up or noona will be late." I screamed calling for Jihoon, the kid that Mum is taking care of right now because his parents went overseas for business matters.

 

 

Today is the third day he is living with us and I don't know how I ended up taking him to school every morning.

 

 

Yeah right! It's all thanks to my mum. Because Jihoon's elementary school is located near my school so she makes me drop that kid to school every morning.

 

 

After a while, Jihoon came to the front door with Mum. He bid my mum a goodbye and smiled.

 

 

Mum smiled back at him and later turned her gaze towards me. "Hyena-ah, take a good care of Jihoon, alright? Make sure he arrived at school safely."

 

 

I gave her a small nod. She tells me that every morning. I'm not even that senile yet.

 

 

"We'll be going." I said and bid her farewell. Mum nodded and waves her hand to us.

 

 

I took Jihoon's hand and walked hand-in-hand with him. I don't know where he will run off to if I don't hold his hand. Kids are really troublesome after all.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

After a few minutes walking, I could see Jongin was waiting at the usual place where he waited for me everyday. I'm not even surprised anymore to see him waiting for me there.

 

 

As soon as he saw Jihoon and me, he came running towards us, flashing that bright smile of his while waving his hand excitedly.

 

 

I knew why he was excited. It because of Jihoon. Jongin really likes kids that's why he is excited to see Jihoon.

 

 

He crouched down to meet Jihoon's eye level. "Good morning, Jihoon-ah. We meet again today." He smiled and gently pat Jihoon on the head.

 

 

Jihoon's happily nodded and smiled. He seems to like Jongin too and they both get along pretty well even though they just met.

 

 

"Let's go." Jongin got up and took Jihoon's hand on the other side. We walked hand-in-hand with Jihoon in the middle.

 

 

"By the way, Jongin hyung!" Jihoon suddenly spoke, calling for Jongin as we were walking.

 

 

Jongin hummed a yes as a sign for Jihoon to continue talking.

 

 

"Are hyung and Hyena noona a couple?" He innocently asked.

 

 

I was almost choked by my own saliva. What's with that question? So out of the blue.

 

 

I was about to deny that when Jongin suddenly spoke, answering Jihoon's question. "Well hyung did confess to noona but we are not a couple yet. Hyung is still in the process to win noona's heart."

 

 

I abruptly looked at him when he said that. He smiled and stared at me straight in the eyes.

 

 

I feel like my face was burning red by his stares so I averted my eyes by looking somewhere else.

 

 

I feel hot all of a sudden. I can't bear to look at him. He slightly chuckled by my action.

 

 

"I like it if Jongin hyung and Hyena noona become a couple." Jihoon stated and grinned happily.

 

 

Seriously what is wrong with this kid?

 

 

I gave him a glare to warn him to stop. This is all because of him. Park Jihoon, you're really gonna get it from me later at home.

 

 

Jongin beamed ecstatically hearing Jihoon's statement. He doesn't even bother to hide that excitement of his, making me blush even more. Why does he make it that obvious?

 

 

"Really? Why?" He excitedly asked Jihoon.

 

 

"Because Hyena noona is so scary so I'm thankful if hyung likes noona. I bet other people won't even dare to get close to noona. If hyung doesn't like noona then noona will be lonely forever." Jihoon exclaimed with an innocent face.

 

 

My eyes widen and I bit my lower lip in irritation. This kid really gets on my nerves. What does he mean by be lonely forever?

 

 

Jongin burst out laughing. "Is noona really that scary?"

 

 

Jihoon immediately nodded, "Yes, noona scolded me almost everyday at home."

 

 

"That's because you did something wrong otherwise noona won't scold you." I interrupted.

 

 

Jongin was still laughing. I can't understand him. Did he find this funny?

 

 

"I got it. Hyung won't let noona to be lonely. Therefore, hyung will keep liking noona for eternity. Is

that good with you?"

 

 

My eyes widen and my heart did skip a beat. I was speechless and my face turned into a crimson red.

 

 

For eternity? Is he serious?

 

 

Jihoon nodded again in agreement, "I like that. That's a relief! Hyung really have to keep that promise, alright?"

 

 

"Alright!" Jongin happily replied.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

After we dropped Jihoon off at his school, I didn't utter a word to Jongin along our way to school.

 

 

I was so damn embarrassed. I bet Jongin noticed how red I was that's why he didn't utter a word too.

 

 

We walked to the classroom together, still not talking.

 

 

"I'm really sorry by what Jihoon said earlier. You don't need to mind what he said." I broke the silence when we almost reach the classroom.

 

 

Jongin confusely looked at me, "Why? I was serious when I said that. Plus, I made a promise with Jihoon so I can't break it that easily or else I will be called a liar, you know."

 

 

Jongin mischievously smiled. I know he is enjoying himself teasing me.

 

 

I blinked my eyes, feeling unbelievable.

 

 

"B-but,,," I tried to talk but was stopped by him.

 

 

"I know you don't like me yet but that won't discourage me. I'm just going to make you like me so look forward to it, okay?"

 

 

I can feel his sincerity. Jongin is really sincere about me. If only I can erase my feelings for Sehun right away and accept Jongin's heart.

 

 

I was only able to look at him, unable to say anything.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Ten minutes later after I entered the classroom, our homeroom teacher, Miss Kwon came to start the homeroom.

 

 

"Good morning class."

 

 

"Morning miss!" The students answered in sync.

 

 

"I'm gonna take your attendance now." Miss Kwon noted and start calling our names, one by one.

 

 

"Han Minjoo?"

 

 

"Yes!"

 

 

"Yun Soomin?"

 

 

"Yes yes, I'm here!" Soomin cheerfully answered, waving her hand to the teacher.

 

 

Miss Kwon sighed looking at her, "I see you are energetic as always. One yes is enough and you don't need to wave your hand. Please just raise it normally next time."

 

 

Soomin cutely pouted, "Yes, I understand."

 

 

The whole class resonated with laughter. Soomin is friendly that's why she can get along well with everyone even with the teachers.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter