Blanc

Triangle Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of one of Infinite's hit song 'Man In Love' chimed through my phone speakers. The song really suits me except for the title, because I am woman not a man. Yes, I am a woman in love but in a one-sided love. Furthermore, it's with my own best friend who already has a girlfriend. Pretty complicated, right?

 

I could feel the sunlight on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and struggled a bit to grab my phone on the nightstand beside my bed. Once I got the phone in my hand, I immediately turned the alarm off and took a glance of the time before the phone screen went black. It was 6.30 a.m. I put the phone back on the nightstand and rubbed both of my eyes with my fingers like a little child.

 

Later, I sat up on the bed from my sleeping position. My eyes were wide opened now. Luckily, I am that type of person who can easily wake up in the morning. My mum never really needs to wake me up as I always woke up by myself with the help of my phone's alarm. I heave out a deep and long sighed as I stared down on the floor of my room. "I have to see them together again today, I guess."

 

With a heavy step, I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom in my room to take a shower. I must get myself ready for school after all. I can't afford to miss school just because my heart aches every time I see them together. If I really behave like that, it would mean I am going to miss school every single day.

 

After I was done with the shower, I plugged in the hair dryer's plug into the socket and dried my hair. I put on my school uniform starting from the red plaid skirt followed by a collared white blouse. Later, I put on my white blazer and the red plaid tie. Yes, it was a tie not a bow.

 

"Just how in the world can I knot this easily?" I murmured to myself as I was putting on the tie. I really don't know how to wear a tie. It's troublesome. I just wore it however I like.

 

When I'm done, I combed my long hair to straighten it. I never really tie my hair as I always let it loose. Next, I put on my wristwatch and now I am done. I rarely put makeup on my face because it will just wasting my time. I grabbed my phone and put it into my blazer's pocket.

 

I took a look of the time at my watch and damn, it was already 6.55 a.m. I spent too much time on getting ready today and I still didn't have my breakfast yet. I grabbed my school bag and hurriedly rushed downstairs. I went straight to the kitchen to have a breakfast.

 

Once I entered the kitchen, my heart gave me a small heart attack after I saw that familiar face in the kitchen at my house early in the morning. He excitedly smiled and gave me a morning greeting as soon as he saw me entering the kitchen. But I didn't even bother to answer him and just casually walked to my seat. I completely ignored him and settled myself on the chair across him. I put my bag on a chair next to me.

 

Yes, it was the person that I love. He was Oh Sehun, the guy that I silently love for years now. This guy is my neighbor and also my first friend since I moved to Seoul. He is also my first love. Are we dating? Of course no. This guy here already have a girlfriend. So, what am I? I'm just a girl living next door and one of his friends. I'm seriously an idiot because I am hopelessly in love with the person that I can never have.

 

He cutely pouted when I ignored him and he pouted even more when I just spontaneously sat on the chair. "You should answer when someone greeted you." He told feigned an angry tone.

 

I ignored him once again and my gaze shifted to my mum who was washing the dishes at the sink. "Mum, what is this guy doing here?" I asked as I took a bite of the french toast.

 

"What are you saying? Isn't Sehun come here almost every morning?"

 

"That was before. For these past few months, he rarely comes so why he suddenly pops out of nowhere now?" I said with a straight face and took another bite of my breakfast. I don't care if he listened to what I said. I'm just stating out the truth. Since he got himself a girlfriend three months ago, he rarely came to our house any more. Before, he would always came no matter what time it was; morning, afternoon, evening or night. He sometimes even spent the night here at our house.

 

"Maybe he was busy. I don't mind. He is welcome here any time." My mum replied with a cool tone and later a smile plastered on her face. Well, she looked really happy. Is Sehun her son or what?

 

Sehun gave me victorious like smile, making me annoyed. I rolled my eyes and angrily munched the french toast that was in my mouth. "Whatever. Did dad already went to work?" I asked, changing the topic.

 

"Yes, he went to work early in the morning. He said he has an important meeting this morning."

 

I only nodded my head and continue with my breakfast. For the whole time when I was eating, Sehun was staring at me. It really made me uncomfortable but I just ignored him. After I finished eating my breakfast, I got up from the chair. I grabbed my bag and sling it over my arms. "Mum, I'm going now. See ya!"

 

"Okay, honey. Be careful on your way there."

 

I nodded and proceed to the doorway. Sehun also got up and bid my mum goodbye. Later he rushed to the doorway too. I opened the shoes' rack and took out my sneakers. I slipped it into my foots and were ready to go.

 

I placed my hand on the door knob and as I was about to open the door, Sehun who was standing behind me suddenly spoke making me stopped all of my movements.

 

"Hey, Shin Hyena! Are you mad at me or something?"

 

I didn't dare to face him. I tighten my grip on the door knob, trying to find a courage even just a bit. "What are you saying? Why should I? Come on! Let's hurry or we're gonna be late." I assured and later turned around to face him. I also gave him a smile and then opened the door.

 

We exited my house and walked to school side by side. We really didn't say anything until he broke the silence. "It is really such a relief. I thought that you are mad at me because you have been so cold to me lately."

 

I could only gave him a smile. I wasn't sure if the smile that I gave him was fake or real. It's mixed, maybe. We continued to walk to school with the silence atmosphere again. Suddenly, he stopped his steps, making me to stop my steps too.

 

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Why did you stop?"

 

He smiled and both of his hands landed on my tie that I wore. "You knotted this wrongly again. I will fix it for you. You are always like this. When will you learn to knot this properly? It's not that hard. I can't do this for you forever, you know." He said, lecturing me as if I was a child. No, he really treats me as a child.

 

Feeling like he was making fun of me, I immediately slapped his hands away. "I can fix this myself. Don't bother yourself with it."

 

He gave me another smile and again continued to fix my messy tie. Doesn't he understand what I said just now? Don't tell me he couldn't understand Korean any more.

 

"Aigoo, now you're acting like an adult? Our Hyena is so cute." He spontaneously said when he finished fixing my tie and later he playfully ruffled my hair.

 

"Don't do that. You will mess my hair." I commanded him.

 

Then, we both continued our way to school and again, the silence overtook us. "Why are you at my house today? Weren't you always went to school with your girlfriend?" I questioned as I was curious about why he was at my house. Usually, he always went to school with her girlfriend. Of course before he got himself a girlfriend, he would always go to school with me.

 

"Nothing much. I just felt like coming to school with you today. It has been a long time. That's why I asked her to go without me today."

 

I swear that I was feeling happy for a moment. That's mean he misses me, right? I tried to keep a cool face as I don't want him to notice my happiness. "Wouldn't she be angry if you come to school with another girl?"

 

He suddenly chuckled. "Haha, what girl? You are my best friend and her friend too. She doesn't mind. Plus, I already told her that I'm coming with you."

 

The happiness that I felt just now instantly faded away, disappeared from me. That words of his really hurt me a lot. He doesn't even see me as a girl. The word best friend didn't made me happy at all. To him, I'm only one of his friends. To be more than a friend was impossible. It is only a dream.

 

"By the way, Hyena. Don't you want to get yourself a boyfriend?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter